Anyone else have the PC version of OMG?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
NeoTechni

Anyone else have the PC version of OMG?

Post by NeoTechni »

And knows how to get it working on an AMD processor?
Mkz717

Re: Anyone else have the PC version of OMG?

Post by Mkz717 »

First... Do you need Bittorrent but I dont know if this is legal in USA

http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download/?

if you havent OMG here you have the download

Download: http://www.fulldls.com/torrent-games-1214755.html

Mirrow: http://www.mininova.org/tor/826165

Do a click in Download this Torrent or.. Download torrent.

The file torrent is of 1KB.

After this, place the file torrent in Bittorent software and accept the preliminary window before starting download the file.

It is possible that the unload is slow and lasts some days ... since the torrents use sources of other users who unload the game and like you imagine, they are not great.

I hope it works

Requeriments:

OS Windows 95/98 日本語版
CPU MMX Pentium 166MHz 以上 MMX Pentium 200MHz 以上
メモリ 32MB 以上 48MB 以上
HDD空き容量 15MB 以上 95MB 以上
ディスプレイ解像度 640x480 ドット 以上 HighColor(16ビット) 以上
サウンドボード DirectSound(DirectX)対応
CDドライブ 8倍速 以上
DirectX DirectX(本ソフトに収録)
プレイ人数 1人~2人
M k z 7 1 7 (VON.net's Alias: Markinhus)
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

*raises hand*

A friend of mine actually modded the .exe file in a hex editor to bypass the processor check. It still asks for the CD, clicking cancel a few times (it keeps popping up) will eventually start the game. (it's one of the ripped versions off the internet thats designed to work without the disk).

I'd offer a download, but I first need to see if i even have the modded files still.

It's worthy to note, on Newer OS's (2000, XP, etc, dunno if it even runs on vista) All versions of VO PC have a bug in them. With some (most) VR's, if you lose, the game crashes at the continue screen. Nothing bad happens as a result, other than unless your good enough, it'll take a while to beat the game :P
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Mkz717

Post by Mkz717 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:*raises hand*

A friend of mine actually modded the .exe file in a hex editor to bypass the processor check. It still asks for the CD, clicking cancel a few times (it keeps popping up) will eventually start the game. (it's one of the ripped versions off the internet thats designed to work without the disk).

I'd offer a download, but I first need to see if i even have the modded files still.

It's worthy to note, on Newer OS's (2000, XP, etc, dunno if it even runs on vista) All versions of VO PC have a bug in them. With some (most) VR's, if you lose, the game crashes at the continue screen. Nothing bad happens as a result, other than unless your good enough, it'll take a while to beat the game :P
the Game.exe version?
M k z 7 1 7 (VON.net's Alias: Markinhus)
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

I got it from the underdogs website. The site no longer offers that download, but you can find it elsewhere. It still did the processor check though, my friend got around it. He was a programmer so he knew his way around.

NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

I have the disc somewhere, and ISO saved on my UMPC (I had to, cause UMPCs don't have CD drives)

It works on the UMPC cause it's an Intel proccy, but not my main PC which is an AMD

Don't suppose you could ask your friend what I'd have to hex edit to get around the processor check?
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

NeoTechni wrote:I have the disc somewhere, and ISO saved on my UMPC (I had to, cause UMPCs don't have CD drives)

It works on the UMPC cause it's an Intel proccy, but not my main PC which is an AMD

Don't suppose you could ask your friend what I'd have to hex edit to get around the processor check?
hmm, how big's the iso?

Anywho, it's just 3 files you'd need, the .exe, and two others, again, if i can find them i'll try and upload them. Somewhere...

Anyone recomend an upload spot?

wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

I had a hankering to play this game last year.

I got the pc version of OMG to work on my AMD laptop by first getting the virtual on cybertroopers iso off the interwebs. Then i installed and emulated the windows 98 OS using Virtual PC 2007. Then in windows 98 I installed daemon tools 3.47 and mounted the virtual on iso and installed the game from there. Background music worked, no continue screen crash bug and no intel mmx processor check 8-)

Alternatively you could always download the nebula model 2 emulator and the japanese arcade OMG rom. If you're gonna try, you should put the emulator files in C:\Model2 folder and then in there create a subdirectory called roms. Move the OMG rom zip to the roms directory and you should be good to go. I think it runs at 60 fps (unlike the 30 fps pc version) and looks great but I don't know if it has versus functionality.

EDIT:
hmm, how big's the iso?
I think the bin file was around 400 megs
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

For anyone that wanted to play around with the model 2 emulator I can confirm head-to-head play over LAN. Setup instructions are at the bottom of the readme file of the emulator. You have to set up one machine as master and the other as slave and it can be a little buggy sometimes, but it works.