Rapid Fire Temjin? (OMG)

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
DarkraiZero
Gamertag: Darkrai100234

Rapid Fire Temjin? (OMG)

Post by DarkraiZero »

I seen a few Temjin players rapidly shoot there RW without dashing or (from the looks of it) moving at all . Does anyone know how this is done? It is not c.RW attack. The players were able to rapidly shoot s.RW attack. I will try to find a replay to show what I am talking about.
OMG: Apharmd, Temjin, Bal-Bas-Bow
VOOT: Temjin, Bal-Bados
VO4: Specineff 13 The Sin
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Re: Rapid Fire Temjin? (OMG)

Post by Zaarock »

They must be somehow cancelling the shot animation and then firing again. I can't figure out how either..

It's very easy to do in VOOT ( you just mash shot-movement-shot )
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DarkraiZero

Post by DarkraiZero »

I accidentally learned it in VOOT awhile ago. Lol I have been really curious though on how it's done in OMG for the longest time... I will probably spend some time in training mode and see if I can figure it out eventually.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

It's easier to do in VOOM than in VOOT, just the method is different. You must press crouch to cancel the stationary standing RW recovery animation, then let go of crouch and press standing RW again. I don't actually have the game yet so this is based on my memory and I don't remember the exact timing.

Temjin's machine gun in VOOT has multiple ways to do it. Originally there were 2 easy ways that both stopped working in 5.66 and now there is only a third harder way that is left. I don't fully understand it but Zaarock and I were playing with it a while back.

As an example of how the older ways were easier, one of them was you could just hold down RT and wiggle back and forth.
DarkraiZero

Post by DarkraiZero »

Just learned it last night! Thank you! I learned how to do it in VOOT (The way where you just have to wiggle back and forth) just messing around in training mode a few months ago. :lol:
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

After doing more testing recently it seems that the "2 easy ways" I mentioned in my previous post both still work in 5.66, which would explain Darkrai's previous post. However, I still feel they are harder to do in 5.66 than they used to be in earlier versions of VOOT. There seem to be at least some restrictions on the timing of them that may not have existed before.

In any case, the "hard" way still works the same in all versions and it's probably the fastest and best way anyway. After some practice, it's not hard for me to do at all anymore, it's like Zaarock said. This method also works for Raiden and Specineff and probably other VR's to rapid-fire their stationary RW as well (whereas the "easy" ways may never have worked for them, I'm not sure).

You can also machinegun in Force and I think the input method is the same as the "hard" way in VOOT, standing shot, tap movement and let go, then standing shot again. I only ever see Temjin players do it though and the improvement in shooting rate over normal RW is very small, not crazy like in VOOT or VOOM.