Virtual On Storyline

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Virtual On Storyline

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Ok, it's no secret that anyone who didn't/doesn't live in japan got shafted storyline wise, and if i'm not mistaken, the english translated Marz botched some of the dates/events, not sure anymore.

Needless to say this was a topic that kept poping up on VO.net, but was never in one stable place. With the death of VO.net, apperently anyway, and the reamergence of one of the best, if not the best, games in the franchise, I for one feel it's only fair we figure out exactly what occured to get to this point in V.C. History.

The truth behind the moongate, the emergence of RNA, the exact story of Tangram, the original Fei-Yen, Jagurandi, Ajim, The v-converter and it's role in Reverse Conversion, the developers secrets to the Virtuaroids....Wikipedia provides "some" answers, but not nearly enough for a full picture, and a good majority of the info that "was" on vo.net is now lost to the sands of the internet, maybe some fragments remain but...

One could go so far as to include the war of Jovian succession (jupiter succession war, Virtual On Force), but I would suppose that the events leading up to, and of, Oratorio Tangram, are what most people here really care about.

I stuck this in general, but i'd like to think of it as a, kind of community project. The story to this awesome game has been lost on most people for quite a long time, perhaps it's up to a group of dedicated fans, say...us, to change that no? I would like to think so.

I provided a link in another thread to the almost complete translation of "one man rescue", but for now i'd like to start this off with a time line of events leading up to the Jovian succession war. It was originally in Japanese, horribly translated by Google japanese-english translator fail beta, and as such, I took a little liberty to polish up some of the english.

Original translation available via request.

Let us, as the last of a dying breed of VR pilots, weed through the false speculations to find the truth. I have my own suspicions of how some of these things played out, but suspicions mean nothing to those, like myself, who want the truth.

Pilots, this is your mission, should you choose to accept it. I ask only for volunteers, and you may back down should your assigned task prove too difficult at any time. The event that decides the future of the Limited war is fast approaching.

I for one feel it's time we knew what we where fighting for, Lt. Testament out, best of luck pilots!
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Virtual On Storyline

Virtual Century Cronological Timeline (up to V.C. 00a8)

"English corrected as interpreted by Testament/Seven7, origional
Translation by Google translater Beta"
(I think the origional is from Virtual Century .com ?)

V.C. 0001= Virtual Century Calendar formed.

Mankind expands to the stars, but for those on the Earth Block, living
space is limited. Enterprises take over where goverments once stood,
Hyper Content providers are born. The masses are fed entertainment,
as well as basic necessities and utilities, from the Hyper content
providers. War's ceise, and the quality of life for the average
person, while routine, is enjoyed.

V.C. 0084= Discovery of the Lunar ruins.

An enormous structure is discovered under the lunar surface, beleaved
to belong to a civilzation pre-dating mandkind. A Hyper Content provider
Called Dynatech and Nova Corperation made the discovery, and immedietly
begins monopolizing the technology, while keeping it a secret from
the public as well as other companies. 0-plant is formed, and
research begins right away on the ruins and the technology found
within, including a strange device later called "Bal Bas Bow"

(note: Bal Bas Bow is not actually mentioned in the timeline, however is a key peice of information in Operation moongate's story, so I thought to include it)

V.C. 0086= Start of V-Project

The Moon Gate appears to be tied to a phenomina refered to as "Cyber
Imaginary Space, or C.I.S." (note: later in the series it's also
refered to as Meta Cyberspace) The moongate appears to draw it's
energy from CIS to power it's technology. CIS research is promoted
through the V-Project.

However, plans keep shifting to a way to utilize this means of
seemingly unlimited energy for practical weapons pourposes.

(note: The moon gate draws energy from CIS through V-crystals, which i found odd are not mentioned here. Ruins technology is also taged "over-technology", this is also not mentioned. This particular stanza was hard to interprete, the translation is that bad)

MBV-04 Temjin and HBV 05 Raiden Completed (the first finished models where given different designations than MBV or HBV)

V.C.00a0= Crisis Awakened - Operation MoonGate

The 9 production plants responsable for Virtuaroid development and
production are suddenly in the hands of compeditors. A high ranking
DN Corperation employee is beleaved to be responsable. DN Corperations
internal infastructure is on the verge of collapse. In the midist of
the mayhem, the MoonGate is suddenly out of controll, and threatens
the very existance of mankind. Although DN Co. still posses many
VR's, pilots are lacking. Operation MoonGate is put into effect, an
all out assault on the Moongate and it's Guardian, Z-Grat.

Operation MoonGate also conscripts thousands of an unsuspecting populus
through an arcade system called "Virtual On" and the Mind Shift Battle
System through remote controll. Although Operation Moongate is sucessfull
in stoping the out of controll Moongate, half of those who participated
unknowingly are in vegitable like states. The resulting backlash nearly
financially cripples DN Corp.

(Note: most of the above came from the story as included with Cyber Troopers Virtual On "pc version" and the story transcripts from Virtal On Oratorio Tangram. The origional translation is again rather jumbled)

V.C. 00a2= Apperance of R.N.A.

RNA first appears, along with the first 2'nd Generation Virtuaroids.
At T.A.I., a DNA VR unit encounters an RNA VR unit. The conflict grows
into what becomes the first "Limited War", Operation Sand Scythe.
It is broadcast to the masses for entertainment, but unit leaders on
DNA's side quickly learn that this can be just as much of a dissadvantage
when your enemy can tune in as well. Warfair is changed forever.

(some of the above comes from the novel series "one man rescue", which details the first limited war, "operation sand scythe")

V.C. 00a4= 9th plant disappears

9th plant "Tangram" dissapears from normal space. DNA and RNA race
to find it first. This is Limited War Oratorio Tangram. War between
DNA and RNA erupts all over the Earth Block.

V.C. 00a8= War of Jovian Succesion (Jupiter Succession War)

Crystals are discovered on Mars' surface, refered to as "Mars Crystals"

(note: this is all the relevent information this particular translation gives)

mechazoidal

Post by mechazoidal »

I have a few pages from when I was braindumping a few weeks ago:
vo_story
vo_story_faq
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Anyone here knos where Specineff and Angelan originate from?

With specy think I heard specy was formed once a pilot went crazy and his death lead to the curse of the machine.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Davo87 wrote:Anyone here knos where Specineff and Angelan originate from?

With specy think I heard specy was formed once a pilot went crazy and his death lead to the curse of the machine.
That was jagurandi methinks...

As far as Specineff goes...

From Wiki:
Specineff
First introduced in the Oratario Tangram wars, the Specineff was an experiment by Dr. Yzerman of the Sixth plant "Satchel Mouth." The EVL binder installed inside the V-converter actually harnesses the dark desires of humans and the deceased souls of pilots trapped within cyber-space and the Reverse-Conversion and refines it into a form of usable energy. Equipped with a beam launcher that can be used as a scythe and a skeletal design, the Specineff became feared on the battlegrounds. Most pilots were found to have eventually committed suicide after using this machine however. Some assume it was some sort of leak in the V-converter. The newer model Specineff has been rebuilt to hopefully solve this problem, as it relies more on basic construction and less on the EVL binder.

YZR-XIII sin "Specineff 13 "The Sin""
The default model Specineff of the new model line. It is very similar to the first Specineff with very little change in the weapons or ability. The power of the beam scythe has been strengthened however.

YZR-XII war "Specineff 13 "The War""
A new model to the Specineff. This model uses a heavy beam-axe rather than a sycthe, and as such suffers a bit in mobility. It should be noted that the axe actually draws dark emotions such as hate, malice and pain from the V-converter to power itself, and has more power than the beam scythe.

YZR-XIII end "Specineff 13 "The End""
The final model produced for the Specineff, which Dr. Yzerman personally produced. Armed with spiked armor and a huge chainsaw version of the beam launcher, it is both frightening and powerful. This variant is powered with the max setting of the EVL binder in effect. Due to the stories circulating about the EVL binder, many have refused to pilot it. Those who have were changed completely or found dead in the cockpit once the unit had reached its peak combat level. It is possible that this Specineff, due to the mass amount of dark energy inside the V-converter, is aware of its existence.
And Angelan, also from Wiki:
Angelan
Introduced during the Oratario Tangram wars, this VR was designed by the young Plajiner after her success with the Fei-Yen model had become apparent. This model is designed after both a witch and an angel. It is capable of creating and manipulating ice magic through the V-converter. It can created powerful Ice dragons which seek out their targets and crush them. A pair of wings have been known to randomly sprout from the V-converter during combat. In truth, the Angelan was created as a containment unit. During Oratario Tangram, the crystal formation soldier A-jim appeared. Angelan was created to allow humanity to contain A-jim and study him. Unfortunately, it failed to work. (The only person to ever get close to A-jim was Jennifer Poison of RNA's "Rose sisters", and this is because she did not share the mean-spirited attitudes shared by her comrades.) The newer model Angelans still follow the basic principles of the original, only minor tweaks in the system and design have been made.

TA-17L Angelan MH
The basic model Angelan, able to manipulate ice magic. It is a very balanced unit, adept at both close, mid, and far range combat.

TA-17S Angelan WH
The second model Angelan is the same body design, but with a different crystal used to produce ice magic. This crystal, while slower to produce ice magic, is more ideal for mid-range combat.

TA-17H Angelan SH
The third model Angelan is the same body design, but with a different crystal used to produce ice magic. This crystal has shown to improve its performance greatly in all fields. Sadly, it takes a much longer time to regain energy used.

enjoy ^^

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Whoa! That's alot of stuff. :) But yea Specineff...yet another Yzerman creation. That guy's creative, I tell ya that. I've got to totally geek it out one weekend and read all of this stuff. :D
"Nuh uh uh"
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Umm, guys? I torrented the Manga for One Man Rescue and unzipped the rar and everything. The files are JPEG, but they will not display on any of my programs. Is there a special program or codec I need? :cry:

EDIT: Never mind... :oops:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Knoxximus wrote:Umm, guys? I torrented the Manga for One Man Rescue and unzipped the rar and everything. The files are JPEG, but they will not display on any of my programs. Is there a special program or codec I need? :cry:

EDIT: Never mind... :oops:
Hahah! Silly Knoxximus. :P
"Nuh uh uh"
Aya Kyunik

Post by Aya Kyunik »

Friend of mine translated the OMR story (from chinese...), I'll try to get it off him sometime when I'm not so bogged down by uni work. Not sure but some of you oldschoolers might remember 0th Child's translation? I think his old website was M.S.B.S. Omega.

Just checked, it's still up after all these years lol:
M.S.B.S. Omega

Just navigate to the OMR section and click story on the top menu.

I swear to god, one of these days I'll put my damn qualifications to good use and PDF-ise these stories or something.
moeidolatry.com
The photogenic idolisation of pixel, plastic and nonsense~
Fei-Yen Fever
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Aya Kyunik wrote:Friend of mine translated the OMR story (from chinese...), I'll try to get it off him sometime when I'm not so bogged down by uni work. Not sure but some of you oldschoolers might remember 0th Child's translation? I think his old website was M.S.B.S. Omega.

Just checked, it's still up after all these years lol:
M.S.B.S. Omega

Just navigate to the OMR section and click story on the top menu.

I swear to god, one of these days I'll put my damn qualifications to good use and PDF-ise these stories or something.
Oh, by all means, please do ^^