MegaHouse D-Spec Temjin 747J

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

MegaHouse D-Spec Temjin 747J

Post by Viper2 »

Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Re: MegaHouse D-Spec Temjin 747J

Post by Viper2 »

So, having received this thing just today, my verdict:

- Very articulated, with ball joints in various places and a lot of swivel joints. Some joints, such as the neck joint that allows the head to swing from side to side, have a somewhat dubious design. In the case of the neck joint, it's not placed in the centerline of the head, but too far forward :roll: .
- Includes a stand, 3 pairs of additional hands, an additional disc for the backpack (you see, the disc in the backpack is not mounted on a hinge, you need to swap it...), the beam launcher, and the mind boosters. The mind boosters open up...partially :| , instead of opening up fully like on Hasegawa's Temjin kits. Also, the pegs to which the Mind Boosters mount fit in the holes very firmly and are very thin (breakage ahead!), so I decided not to force them into the holes. However, the hands pop on and off quite easily.
- Very light and flimsy feeling for the price. For 7k yen I expected this thing to have some diecast, not to feel like a 15 dollar Transformers toy :evil: (but then, I've read that Mega House has some sort of a reputation when it comes to overpriced items...at least it didn't come broken in the box).

So...it's a decent figure, but way, waaaaay overpriced. If you want bang for your bucks, buy Bandai's Temjin and Fei-Yen HD, or track down the later Kaiyodo action figures or Kotobukiya's One Coin figures. If you want accuracy and articulation, but don't care about having a sturdy action figure, buy Volks' or Hasegawa's model kits. The only place where this figure wins is sheer articulation, but at a price that feels like a rip-off even for a fairly hardcore Virtual On fan.