Virtual On Force - out now - apparently region free!

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Virtual On Force coming to XBLA?

Post by shamanic_beat »

mechazoidal wrote:
shamanic_beat wrote:And they posted Wataru's twitter. Maybe we should all tweet him and get him bring the game over here.
Well, he does respond fast, so it won't go unnoticed.
(I'm hesitant to reply to him since my Japanese was pidgin at best in college, and I use Nifty Translate to read stuff these days)
Try バーチャロン フォースは北米で販売されるでしょうか? I would've asked myself if I knew how to use twitter.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hahah *C&P what Shamanic posted* Anything to show my love for VO. What does that mean, btw? lol I can't read katakana/kanji. Anywho...i'm not sure if any of you have played Marz, but from my understanding Marz is much like Force in terms of gameplay, so don't be expecting anything near VOOT's personal level of speed and fierce combat. Just warning you now. But i'd so buy this, just to support the series in hopes that a new one would be made in the likes of VOOT/VOOM.
"Nuh uh uh"
ranmafan

Post by ranmafan »

I would be morbidly curious if/when Force comes to Singapore, I might even buy it, but I highly doubt I would enjoy it. Played a bit of Marz before, regretted it ever since. The graphics, I don't mind so much since I'm aware of the technical constraints of forcing 4 VRs onto a dated board. But if combat in Force is anything like Marz (staid, slow, unrewarding, unimpressive, lacking, unresponsive) I'll die from boredom long before the end of the first round.
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

ranmafan wrote:I would be morbidly curious if/when Force comes to Singapore, I might even buy it, but I highly doubt I would enjoy it. Played a bit of Marz before, regretted it ever since. The graphics, I don't mind so much since I'm aware of the technical constraints of forcing 4 VRs onto a dated board. But if combat in Force is anything like Marz (staid, slow, unrewarding, unimpressive, lacking, unresponsive) I'll die from boredom long before the end of the first round.
RVR - 42 wrote:Hahah *C&P what Shamanic posted* Anything to show my love for VO. What does that mean, btw? lol I can't read katakana/kanji. Anywho...i'm not sure if any of you have played Marz, but from my understanding Marz is much like Force in terms of gameplay, so don't be expecting anything near VOOT's personal level of speed and fierce combat. Just warning you now. But i'd so buy this, just to support the series in hopes that a new one would be made in the likes of VOOT/VOOM.
Thats all very sad. I was hoping sega realized that voot was the best in the series and attempted to change force more into something like voot. I really dont want anything to do with anything close to marz, that was really poor excuse for a VO game. I can say is im hoping that sega keeps looking at VOOT as inspiration
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Actually Force came after VOOT...Marz is the most recent entry. Marz is based on Force really. but I have no idea why they wouldn't go back to VOOT's gameplay. Maybe they feel it's too big of a task to undergo. *shrugs*
"Nuh uh uh"
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Force was made the way it is because the steep learning curves of both OMG/OT kinda scares newcomers away. That and the fact that Hitmaker doesn't really make hit games and SEGA's weird way of making bad decisions kinda killed the series. I'm still pissed that they removed the entire database from MARZ...
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Too bad the play-more-unlock-better-VR system totally screws newcomers over.
Aryudsoh

Post by Aryudsoh »

Here's some new info on Force. This is a shoddy google translate version so those of you adept at Japanese will get more understanding out of this.

The pre-orders for the new run of twin sticks opened up today as well.
Gamertag: Aryudsoh
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Google Translate (suprisingly) does a good enough job this time.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

How do I preorder the twinsticks? I must do so.
ImageImage
Aryudsoh

Post by Aryudsoh »

You'll have to get them direct from Hori store.

Here

You need to have a japanese address to send to though.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Excellent, my cousin is being relocated there this Fall.
ImageImage
Aryudsoh

Post by Aryudsoh »

Postage will still be costly and customs as well if that applies to you. Getting him to carry it is going to be a lot to ask considering the box is huge!

Don't know if this has been posted but I love this commercial for Force!
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Aryudsoh wrote:You'll have to get them direct from Hori store.
Does anybody know if NCSX will be taking pre-orders for this batch? If so, that'd probably be the easiest way to get them.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

DeepInTheHops wrote:
Aryudsoh wrote:You'll have to get them direct from Hori store.
Does anybody know if NCSX will be taking pre-orders for this batch? If so, that'd probably be the easiest way to get them.
Send them an email, they are usually pretty responsive.
MentholMoose
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

I wasn't seriously considering it for myself, just thinking out loud. :) But I was curious, so I sent them a message. Here is what I got:
We haven't finalized our decision to import the new batch of Virtual On Twinsticks yet but we'll be glad to notify you if we do bring them in.
We weren't able to cover our costs when we imported the initial batch of Twinsticks and bringing them in was more expensive than we had anticipated due to the size of each Twinstick container.
So stay tuned, I guess.

Regardless of cost, I wonder what the demand would be like. Anybody who's enthusiastic enough to fork over that kind of cash probably would have got them the first time around. OTOH, I know I had my doubts that anybody would still be playing this by the time they came out... so maybe some people had the same mindset and are now regretting not getting in on the first batch?
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

I missed out on the first batch because I didn't even have VOOT. I'm willing to wager there were others.
ImageImage
max99

Post by max99 »

how much are these twin sticks? apologies if that was already posted; i haven't read the whole thread.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

max99 wrote:how much are these twin sticks? apologies if that was already posted; i haven't read the whole thread.
¥30,000 (US $338.73 at today's exchange rate). See here:
ツインスティックEX
MentholMoose
max99

Post by max99 »

MentholMoose wrote:
max99 wrote:how much are these twin sticks? apologies if that was already posted; i haven't read the whole thread.
¥30,000 (US $338.73 at today's exchange rate). See here:
ツインスティックEX
ouch! that's way beyond my spending comfort zone.

still, it says allot about the games popularity that they're making these in the first place.