Virtual-On Force guide (WIP) / techniques discussion

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
tehxdemixazn

Re: Virtual-On Force guide (WIP) / techniques discussion

Post by tehxdemixazn »

Apparently there is a way of switching which person is the leader in between rounds. I don't know how though. Anyone?
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

tehxdemixazn wrote:Apparently there is a way of switching which person is the leader in between rounds. I don't know how though. Anyone?
For arcade, there's the leader selection option, just turn that to always on.

For misson mode, you're always the leader (however, you can switch away from being the initial target for single enemy fights by changing your seat to B or D, very useful for Jag battles)
tehxdemixazn

Post by tehxdemixazn »

I definitely see the cpu switching leader in between rounds. I think it must be something like holding start.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Not sure about that one in mission mode, but in Arcade mode it usually alternate between rounds, so if you're Leader in round 1, your partner'll be Leader in round 2.
tehxdemixazn

Post by tehxdemixazn »

Hmm. Haven't been playing arcade mode, just the arcade missions. These things are near impossible with an ai partner.
TheCalcutec
Gamertag: WreckTheLaw

Post by TheCalcutec »

Hey all.

I'm new here. Just picked up Force from Play-Asia (add me on XBL, I'm WreckTheLaw there.) To all the Myzr users out there, a number of sources in Japanese and English note that Myzr Γ has a beam shield that can be activated by guarding while standing. I can't seem to get that to work. Has this been changed from the arcade release? His TRW does produce a beam shield thing in the beginning of its animation, is that what people are talking about?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Myzr Gamma does raise his shield to block, and it cancels some attacks. you need to be in range 120 from an enemy to guard, useful to have the distance counters on (weird that its off by default)
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
tehxdemixazn

Post by tehxdemixazn »

JKTrix wrote: h. Dash, Rotate, Shoot 5 times. How I did it: Ground dash and keep holding Turbo. Rotate in the direction of your target a little, then press Guard and Attack. This is the one that gave me the most trouble--someone more experienced may be able to explain it better.
End: Win the battle.
For this, I'm not sure why, but apparently all you need to do is dash, hold turbo, turn slightly mid dash, fire. No guard necessary. I wonder why, I'm pretty sure holding turbo during a dash doesn't do anything. But trying without holding turbo didn't provide any noticeable results other than it didn't count.
Wiizpig
Gamertag: Wiizpig

Post by Wiizpig »

JKTrix wrote:I got this game a few days ago, and in going through the tutorial I used this thread and a couple of other resources to figure out what I was supposed to do. I took notes, so I figured I would register and share my notes for other new folks that might be starting. Note that these are not exactly translations of the requirements, they're just what I did to clear the tutorial requirements.

Hope it helps.
This has been immensely useful, so thanks.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Zaarock wrote:Myzr Gamma does raise his shield to block, and it cancels some attacks. you need to be in range 120 from an enemy to guard, useful to have the distance counters on (weird that its off by default)
I tried, but it doesn't seems to work, at the distance of 120 it only seems to standard block, so it really don't use the beam shield.
Maybe it was removerd from version 7.5 to 7.7?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

Oops yeah, to hold the actual beam shield you need to do TRW, then hold cTRW. The shield will still dissipate after a few seconds and you can't start moving right away.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Zaarock wrote:Oops yeah, to hold the actual beam shield you need to do TRW, then hold cTRW. The shield will still dissipate after a few seconds and you can't start moving right away.
Nice, now I feel Myzr Gamma is complete 8-)
Thank you Zaarock :D
JMan

Post by JMan »

This game smells like Marz and plz tell me does it play like marz I know about the same rules part. Cuz I mean if it is exactly like marz oh gawd no even when I look at it seem just like marz to. **** hitmaker if that is really suppose to be sega AM3 cuz I'm not seeing it. I was thinking about getting this for xbox but later on I tried out marz I was sadden.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

MARZ is based on Force, so it should look similar, but the gameplay is different. It is designed as a 4-player game so when they stripped that out for MARZ the result was not good.
MentholMoose
JMan

Post by JMan »

MentholMoose wrote:MARZ is based on Force, so it should look similar, but the gameplay is different. It is designed as a 4-player game so when they stripped that out for MARZ the result was not good.
If I dash and shoot will I derp derp aim hit something lol?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

JMan wrote:This game smells like Marz and plz tell me does it play like marz I know about the same rules part. Cuz I mean if it is exactly like marz oh gawd no even when I look at it seem just like marz to. **** hitmaker if that is really suppose to be sega AM3 cuz I'm not seeing it. I was thinking about getting this for xbox but later on I tried out marz I was sadden.
It's not a bad game at all from what I've played. The teamwork really makes it though. And CC is still very fast.
JMan wrote:If I dash and shoot will I derp derp aim hit something lol?
Yeah sure :p

Also, on a related note:

New advanced technique which I didn't know of:

Quick lock-on for ground dash attack (can lock 180 degrees for some attacks), makes ground dash attacks work similarly to VOOT:

0. begin a ground dash, optional: hold the dash button during all steps (turbo rotate?)
1. rotate towards opponent while dashing
2. start holding crouch + rotate
3. keep holding crouch and fire a weapon

= you will aim towards the opponent far faster before firing than normally.

So essentially, if opponent is 180 degrees to the left, you hold left rotate and "lock" the rotation with crouch and fire.

Note:
-Hard to pull off on twin sticks?
-If playing on pad with default control arrangement, you need to set LB/RB to rotate. Otherwise you have no way of rotating and crouching at the same time.
-Doesn't work well for some VRs and attacks, but for some extremely useful (Temjin 707-J+, single shot from FWD dash attack)

I dub this move "return of VOOT dash attack" as it functions very similarly and makes ground dash attacks much more usable. Now to use it a lot in practice..

edit: main guide updated with advanced technique section.
Last edited by Zaarock on 02 Jul 2013, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
JMan

Post by JMan »

If I hit Jump does I have to derp hold it down to ascend like marz
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

tehxdemixazn wrote:Hmm. Haven't been playing arcade mode, just the arcade missions. These things are near impossible with an ai partner.
Even with Jagaurandi AI with 50 max stats? :lol:
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
shinigamiefa

Post by shinigamiefa »

neoKEN wrote:
tehxdemixazn wrote:Hmm. Haven't been playing arcade mode, just the arcade missions. These things are near impossible with an ai partner.
Even with Jagaurandi AI with 50 max stats? :lol:
The thing with max Jag is that the AI in my case only dedicates to spam CW making him a lot more stationary and taking more hits because of its size. Other than that he has helped me in some arcade missions.

The one I am stuck is in the the 8th arcade mission, I think. Its the one that is human vs 2xAI. What annoys :cry: me the most is that in each match there is at least one Raiden trying to CW or RW dash forward me. I am not too motivated to try it again now that I have collected all the VRs :P .
---"One does never fail, but succeed in finding a solution that does not arrive at the desired result"---
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

Been going through the techniques section on the japanese wiki. Would be great if someone who knows japanese properly could decypher some stuff, I couldn't figure out some stuff like distorting the Bal pyramid (similar to OT invisible pyramid)

Shot dislocation

very useful for VRs with long weapons like Temjin, Specineff, Kagekiyo(spear)

Diagonal(easy):
walk diagonally, your attack will come out from the front left or front right of your VR

Horizontal:
rotate towards or input the side you want the shot to come from, then push the opposite direction and attack at the same time. You will fire from the side of your VR. timing is strict. You can just hold the opposite direction if you start it by rotating.

Vertical:
input walking attack after a stationary crouching attack that is cancellable(?). you will fire from above your VR and over walls.

You can use these techniques to shoot from behind walls and vary the positions of your shots so they are more likely to hit moving opponents.

Rowing(movement)

1. input and release a movement direction
2. do the same for another direction 90 degrees off from the previous
3. repeat

You can walk very fast with some VRs by doing this. Hard to input since you need to avoid diagonals. Movement speed gained and timing required for the taps is different between VRs. Not very useful but some VRs move as fast as dashing while doing it.

Rapid Dash Cancelling

Doing extremely small dashes repeatedly while holding the movement direction can be an efficient and safe way to move around, since you can jump out of the recovery and quickly access normal attacks while covering a lot of distance. Usability/speed depends on the VR and the length of recovery animation of the specific dash direction. Messes up the homing on most attacks that might be flying at you since your speed keeps going back and forth.

Increased rotation dash attack

Timed rotation

1. rotate towards the opponent and attack at the same time