Mission Mode Info

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
Saff
Gamertag: Saffire Wing

Mission Mode Info

Post by Saff »

Some of you may already know this from completing the game, but the Mission Mode is quite "different". I've made a short list so far of the Operation 1 missions. The details may be missing, feel free to fill them in yourself, but this is just what I have gathered from playing.
I have no knowledge of the Japanese language, so forgive me if I'm missing out on some details. Anyway, here we go.

Operation 1

Mission 1 - Defeat Leader VR. 3 battles, 2 on 2.

Basic fighting, defeat the Leader VR to progress quickly.

Mission 2 - Collect silver discs. 6 battles, avoid killing opponent. 1 on 1.

Kind of annoying given the slow turning speed, collect the silver discs while trying to avoid killing the enemy.

Mission 3 - Defeat Leader VR. 3 battles, can only use Close Combat.

Defeat the Leader VR to progress quickly, can only use Close Combat moves, so try to get in close as fast as possible.

Mission 4 - Defeat Leader VR, enemy has increased damage, 3 battles, 2 on 1.

Defeat the Leader VR, watch out though, as he has increased damage and can hurt very badly.

Mission 5 - Defeat Leader VR, both enemies target only you, 3 battles, 2 on 2.

Defeat the Leader VR, both enemies will target you at the same time. Try to have a well-trained AI partner for this.

Mission 6 - Collect green crystals, they only appear a short while after collecting the first, avoid killing enemy VR. 6 battles, 1 on 1.

A green crystal collection mission, collect the green crystals as they appear, and avoid killing the enemy.

Mission 7 - Defeat Leader VR, no HUD, health bar, or lockon signal. 3 battles, 2 on 2.

This can be a bit annoying, there is no HUD, so no lifebar, lockon, or weapon gauges. You must destroy Leader VR, it is shown just before the match begins. Just try to eliminate them before time expires.

Mission 8 - Defeat Leader VR, 1 lifebar for 6 battles, 6 battles, 2 on 2.

A survival mode of types. Try to defeat the leader VR in 6 battles, you only get 1 lifebar and it will carry through matches.

Mission 9 - Defeat Leader VR, reduced movement speed, 3 battles, 2 on 2.

Kind of annoying, your movement speed is reduce even further (yes, its possible) and you must kill the leader VR in 3 battles.

Mission 10 - Final Mission, Defeat Jaguarandi, 1 battle, 2 on 1.

Final mission against Jaguarandi, defeat him and the achievement is yours. Recommended to have a well-trained AI or human partner.
Last edited by Saff on 03 Feb 2011, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Mission Mode Info

Post by guarayakha »

For the HUD-less mission, the Leader indicator does show up before the battle, so it's vital to make sure you identify which is which before "Get Ready!"

Also, the discs collection mission are much easier as they are already out in the field, while the green crystals appear at random 1 by 1 only after you've collected them.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

So like, I decided to bite into the 3rd and 4th operations, and was quite disappointed. Here are the missions:

3rd Operation (3 Battles, 2 on 2)
Temjin series
Apharmd T series
Raiden series
Angelan series
Myzr series
Kagekiyo series
Temjin series 2
Apharmd T series 2
Raiden series 2
Kagekiyo series 2

4th Operation (3 Battles, 2 on 2)
Apharmd J series
Vox series
Fei-Yen series
Bal series
Specineff 13 series
Apharmd J series 2
Vox series 2
Fei-Yen series 2
Bal series
Guarayakha (Round 1= 2 Guaras, Round 2= 1 Guara 1 Jag, Round 3= 2 Jags)

The only positive I see about this DLC is that it makes unlocking VRs much faster, since for completing a mission for say, VS Vox series, you unlock a number of Voxes. They aren't exactly challenging either; you could pretty much clear a mission in less than a minute.
HAL9019e

Post by HAL9019e »

Saff wrote: Mission 5 - Defeat Leader VR, both enemies target only you, 3 battles, 2 on 2.

Defeat the Leader VR, both enemies will target you at the same time. Try to have a well-trained AI partner for this.
In this mission seems to me that the VR have the commands like VO OMG's style, with no air dash or turbo attacks.

Thanks for the lists. There's somewhere the translation for the other missions, Operations 2 and Arcade?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

2nd Operation

Mission 1 Defeat the leader, 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 2 Collect silver coin, avoid killing enemies, 6 battles, 1 VS 2

Mission 3 Defeat the leader-Close Combat DISABLED, 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 4 Survival (1 health bar for 6 battles), 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 5 Defeat the leader, ONLY Close Combat (beware, enemy can still use weapons) 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 6 Boss Battle (Ajim & Guerlain) 1 battle, 2 VS 2

Mission 7 Defeat the leader, LOCK ON DISABLED, 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 8 Collect green crystals, avoid killing enemies, 6 battles, 1 VS 2

Mission 9 Defeat the leader (Shadow VR series, double damage) 6 battles, 2 VS 2

Mission 10 Defeat 2 Jaguarandi, 1 battle, 2 VS 2