Anyone interested in going to Japan to get the new VO game?

Discuss news about video games and the game industry.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Anyone interested in going to Japan to get the new VO game?

Postby Porcupine » 28 Sep 2017, 20:31

VOTwinstick says he wants to plan a trip to Japan when the new VO game comes out (release date February 15, 2018). I rarely travel but I said I would consider going for this. Anyone else want to come? I don't play on twinsticks much so I probably wouldn't be able to compete well, but I think the primary purpose for going would be just to meet various Japanese players and each other.

Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Anyone interested in going to Japan to get the new VO game?

Postby Porcupine » 24 Oct 2017, 18:47

VOTwinstick and me have purchased our tickets and a room, we'll mostly be in Akihabara from 2/9/18 to 2/19/18. It has 2 beds but can accommodate a couple more people if you don't mind being cramped and sleeping in a futon.

We were considering Osaka but that's not happening anymore. We might visit Shinjuku for a bit. My trip there in 2006 was probably ideal, as I was just told they were the top player spot in Japan back then (for both Soul Calibur and Virtual On, apparently). Whoever perfected me in VOOT were top players since I played at the special weekly gathering (I was invited by Soul Calibur players).

But Shinjuku doesn't have VOOT anymore so everyone must go to Akihabara now.

VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Postby VOTwinstick » 29 Oct 2017, 07:34

Further explanation and helpful links that will get you on the "VO Crew 2018" to Japan can be found: https://www.vo-mc.com/
Three other VO pilots have expressed interest in joining... this little thing Porcupine & I are doing. We've done some research. So go ahead... check it out. Take a shot... This is real & happening... Transport to Japan will take off in bout 100 days from now. Review your options...make contact, get your tickets and our Western touring crew will roll the Eastern town... red white & blue... or whatever :roll:
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!

VarryoSchwert
Gamertag: varryochoco

Postby VarryoSchwert » 30 Oct 2017, 11:19

Here for A.KING Vaash~ RIP :lol:
vash.jpg
vash2.jpg

You are the abuser. Buddy.

VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Postby VOTwinstick » 02 Nov 2017, 18:11

Character of the author is evident. Thanks for wrecking the time line Varryo. Why don't you go to Japan with us? Huh? Oh yeah, daddy said no and won't give the dough. I hope you are not shipwrecked much longer. Your country needs you
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!