E3 2013

Discuss news about video games and the game industry.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

E3 2013

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone attending? Anyone excited about the PS4 and/or Xbox One?
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Re: E3 2013

Post by twistedsymphony »

I think about going every year and then never get around to making plans.

I'm an Xbox gamer at heart but the new DRM scheme that MS is instituting has completely soured any interest I had in an Xbox One, I already Pre-Ordered a PS4 instead.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I hate the Xbox One and if I went I would probably get arrested for throwing tomatoes at Microsoft.

I'm not really looking forward to the PS4 either seeing as how you will have to pay for PS+ to play online with it. I've never been willing to pay to play online for Xbox 360, so I may just give up consoles altogether for the next generation.

I already almost gave up on consoles for this generation due to my dislike of online centralization to begin with, which was part of the reason I didn't get the news that VOOT had released on 360. I got my first PS3 relatively late and cheap, and my Xbox 360 even later and cheaper.

edit: The currently hot news is that Microsoft is going to block the Xbox One in all Asian countries, including Japan.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre- ... disclaimer
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

The news for MS just keeps getting worse and worse...

-People going to PS4 because of MS's new DRM policies
-People going to PS4 because you can play offline
-People going to PS4 because of mandatory Kinect on XB1
-People going to PS4 because it's $100 cheaper
-People going to PS4 because MS butchered their own achievement system
-People going to PS4 because the XB1 only works in 21 countries (and Japan isn't even on the list)
-People going to PS4 because it has higher performance specs
-People going to PS4 because it has an upgradable hard drive

This is beyond shooting yourself in the foot, MS essentially amputated themselves.
DarkraiZero
Gamertag: Darkrai100234

Post by DarkraiZero »

I am really excited for PS4! Though, There were not many games that caught my interest this year besides Kingdom Hearts 3 personally. :/
OMG: Apharmd, Temjin, Bal-Bas-Bow
VOOT: Temjin, Bal-Bados
VO4: Specineff 13 The Sin
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I was able to attend one day and had a good time. I caught up with forum member commonlogik, but StarPlatinum87 was busy (I was hoping for a behind the scenes Killer Instinct demo, or at least a t-shirt :) ). With only one day I skipped pretty much everything with a huge line... Castlevania, Titan Fall, GT6, the entire Activision Blizzard booth, etc..

One notably fun thing I saw was the Duck Tales karaoke booth that Capcom set up. I wasn't brave enough to do it myself, though (and I didn't want to wait in line). Mad Catz had some exhibition matches going throughout the day. I saw Mike Ross, Ryan Hart, Justin Wong, and Alex Valle playing and hanging out. Mobile games had a big presence, especially in the Korean pavilion, and there was a big indie section with some pretty off the wall games. The Occulus Rift was a big disappointment as it made me ready to throw up after two minutes. Maybe a higher res and faster refresh rate would help.

The new consoles look cool but nothing that will make me preorder yet. I was late to the current gen consoles (I bought an Xbox 360 for VOOT and PS3 for GT5, and no Wii) so I will likely wait for price drops and more must buy games for the next gen. I actually had a chance to play Wii U for the first time and was surprisingly impressed. If the price drops a bit more I might pick one up.
MentholMoose
DarkraiZero
Gamertag: Darkrai100234

Post by DarkraiZero »

I agree. once the Wii U drops down in price,I will be purchasing one as well!... For the new Super Smash Bros. :lol:
OMG: Apharmd, Temjin, Bal-Bas-Bow
VOOT: Temjin, Bal-Bados
VO4: Specineff 13 The Sin
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

I have a Wii U Pro still sealed in the box that I've been trying to sell... anyone interested in trading it for VO parts? :P