The dream is almost realized....

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

The dream is almost realized....

Post by Knoxximus »

As most of you know, now that I'm finished with nursing school and making some real money (I passed my state board in October, 1st try!) for the first time in my life, I had to splurge a little. :mrgreen:

which of course means:

Also, I now have 2 360's as well...meaning all I really need to do now is get two 17" LCD TV's and I am in phucking business! :D

I hope to have my rig completed by no later than Febuary (car insurance coming up as well as some other financial obligations)...I'll be sure to post pics! :mrgreen:

In the meantime, my DLP big screen does splitscreen PIP, so I will give that a go in the interim.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Re: The dream is almost realized....

Post by guarayakha »

Damn, that really makes me jealous. How much did you got that for?
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Got the VOOT stick last year from NCSX for just under $500 shipped, and got the Force branded one a few days ago from Play-Asia for $472 shipped.

The best part is (and anyone in here will vouch for this) that I seriously SUCK at VOOT. I mean, I understand the game, but I am about as low tier as it gets haha! However, I LOVE VIRTUAL ON...and the main reason I shelled out for this setup is because the full version of my dream is to one day be able to play some head to head VOOT matches with my son, who turns 2 next month. I know he's got a few years before he'll be able to wrap his head around it (much less his hands around those sticks LOL!), but just thinking about that day makes me grin from ear to ear. 8-)
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

I got two 360 Virtual On Twin Sticks too [except I got two Force sticks, I missed out getting one from the first batch]. I really suck at Virtual On Force at the moment. I think I lost all 30 or so odd multiplayer matches I have played, but practice makes perfect!!!!
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Haha nice man! I wanted to order 2 the first go round, but my money was funny. I was so glad when I found out that Force was coming out and Hori made another run. Do you plan to do the whole 2 system setup? Or just splitscreen for Force?
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

Well I luckily own two screens already [my 23" inch computer monitor and my 32" HDTV]. The only thing I need is another 360 which I may ask for for my birthday next year since my current 360 is so old it doesn't even have an HDMI port. I am also trying to run a Ontario Tangram tournament at my local game store who have two HDTVs and multiple Xbox 360s that can be used for system link play. Once I get the details laid down I will post a thread in the Tournament section. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of people on the United State's east coast here in the forums from what I can tell, but I would love to be proven wrong about that!
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Fredo »

Damn, one step closer to the arcade cab !

Too bad, now you need 2 more TwinSticks etc for Virtual On Force =D
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

Fredo wrote:Damn, one step closer to the arcade cab !

I don't see it necessary to own 4 Twin sticks for Force since it is very difficult for me to get one than one friend at my place at any given time and I feel VOOT is much more fun than Force. What would be cool is if Knoxximus and I grab an unsuspecting friend and have epic Team Knoxximus vs Team Supergoldzero matches on Xbox Live in Force!
VR-Eli

Post by VR-Eli »

I am so jelly :(
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Aryudsoh

Post by Aryudsoh »

supergoldzero wrote:
Fredo wrote:Damn, one step closer to the arcade cab !

I don't see it necessary to own 4 Twin sticks for Force since it is very difficult for me to get one than one friend at my place at any given time and I feel VOOT is much more fun than Force. What would be cool is if Knoxximus and I grab an unsuspecting friend and have epic Team Knoxximus vs Team Supergoldzero matches on Xbox Live in Force!
Can you play 2 players on one console over LIVE?
Gamertag: Aryudsoh