Articles covering VOOT VER.5.66 for Xbox 360

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Articles covering VOOT VER.5.66 for Xbox 360

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Turbovec wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:Thats still not too bad though...
Until you tack on shipping, and if you use Rinkya, the additional handling and storage fee.
considering the weight, and rarity, still not too bad....

Well, ok, most of us probrably can't afford that anyway, but all things considered....
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:Also keep in mind the supply for DC Twin Sticks on eBay is low because they were never released here. There are a number of auctions on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, at reasonable prices (near original MSRP). The main problem for US players is the killer shipping from Japan, but I would expect to see more Japanese sellers offering Twin Sticks on eBay.
I spoke too soon, it seems prices for used DC Twin Sticks have spiked recently, to about $90 on Yahoo! JP Auctions. :shock:
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b96335664
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e90560173
Well, nice to know I'm not bat**** insane. ;)
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

The shipping (AU) would be insane for me if I were to get anything from US. Im waiting for 360 twinstick, its bound to happen. Btw, more news at http://vo-ot360.sega.jp/column.html Translated with:http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/

From the look of things, its the VF5 port to 360 crew taking the job for VOOT 360.
Hello. It is [murayama] of the [oratan] transplant team.

The person who thought, "That?" because it sees the mark "The second AM research and development part" at the beginning is no mean Sega expert.

It polishes and "The second AM research and development part" and alias "AM2 laboratory" ..[ba-charonshiri-zu].. do all the transplant work though it is a game invented by" .."The third AM research and development part" and alias "AM3.. ..the 360th edition [oratan]...

Transplant team's member who made VF5 of the 360th edition is the main.
It is an embarrassed team that wants always to make a domestic title though it is an arcade game development post.

Do people who are not an original members transplant and is it safe?

I think that there is being seemed naturally so.

However,It worries and is useless for this.

The reason …

- ..thin.. [yakana] supervision by original staff of AM3.
The confirmation and the supervision are easy because it works at the same building even though the post is different.
Original staff supervised to a really detailed point.
Moreover, various data necessary for making to HD is offered.

In addition, 5.66 original NAOMI version environments are constructed in the team.
A twin stick was bought in substrate shop in Akihabara cooperating in this and AM3 (belly).
When the memory at that time is vague, it immediately confirms it by making good use of this. [Mashita] . in the system ..development...
Therefore, it has pride that the transplant level is considerably high.

- 360Specification and mounting that makes the best use of experience and reflection by version VF5.
The opinion gotten at the 360th edition VF5 is reflected as much as possible.
The perfection rises surely.
A detail look on the way online lobby works, which is similar to many online fighting game lobbies. I just wonder how they reduce the time to wait in online lobbies.
For instance,
"When the session is made, do not put it in wait a long, early in case of try to participate in the session a person winning. "
It tried to make the mechanism of the lobby to cancel dissatisfaction completely.

In the lobby of [oratan], "Person of almost same strength" is two or more picked up from various conditions, and seven other party candidates with a good state of the line are displayed from among that. I also am making the session actually at this time, and it is displayed in other people's lobbies as a candidate though the opponent is chosen from these seven people.

[Nanode]
・The other party is chosen and it applies for fighting.
・Fighting is applied for by the other party. (It is possible to refuse. )
It is easy to match it considerably because it approves by these two patterns.

Moreover, the lobby can be made only from the member who is uniting "Xbox LIVE party".
It became possible to enjoy fighting only among companions.

In VF5"When it tries to do the results comp, the work feeling is strong and it takes time. "
It brought it together in here "Tolerable feeling" that there were a lot of opinions, too.
- This results are written again in detail since next time.

Anyway, it is a confidence ant in finish [ppuri] and the perfection.
It downloads by all means, and I would like a lot of people to play by all means.
(By all means because the trial copy is free. )

By the way, about the matter said, "Why will AM2 transplant it?" etc.
It omits it because it becomes considerably long if it begins to write.

It is not such a right at least reason of "Work in the 360th edition VF5 was evaluated and the request came".
Do you feel the result of hot zeal to [ba-charon] and Xbox 360 overflowing too much?..(.. ..laughter..)

Good-bye.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The bit about the team buying Twin Sticks in an Akihabara arcade board shop is sad because it probably confirms they really are discontinued and thus virtually impossible to obtain new. :(
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:The bit about the team buying Twin Sticks in an Akihabara arcade board shop is sad because it probably confirms they really are discontinued and thus virtually impossible to obtain new. :(

If we could find contacts in Akiba who could get this stuff for us, whould that cheer you up?

OFF, to find japanese contacts on skype :P

NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

bbobb, who used to run cart-mart/videogamedepot currently resides in Japan, I can always ask him to keep an eye out for some twinsticks. Not sure how much of a markup he would charge me though.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

NGEFreek wrote:bbobb, who used to run cart-mart/videogamedepot currently resides in Japan, I can always ask him to keep an eye out for some twinsticks. Not sure how much of a markup he would charge me though.
If not the full twinstick set, the individual sticks i'm sure whould also help...

NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

I'll PM him and see what I can find out. Not sure where exactly he is located in Japan, but its sure as hell alot closer than any of us are, AFAIK.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I have a contact in Tokyo who contacted some Akihabara arcade board shops without success a few months ago. I'll ask him again but I don't have high hopes considering a whole lot of people are now looking for the same discontinued parts.

On topic, here's a brief rundown of the VO series:
Virtual Onslaught, by Ollie Barder.
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Very nice, very nice. Always loving reading things like this on VO. Such a loved series. Man...how it went downhill in such a way...that, I don't even understand how SEGA allowed it to happen. Is it possible for them to recreate atleast gameplay to the level of VOOT 5.2 again. I mean that would be good for me. Surely with technology now though...SEGA could be crowned the masters of mecha-ry. =P Gotta get me in some VOOT love in the coming weeks.
"Nuh uh uh"
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

A heads up.

On the 6th April (Monday), an Inside Xbox video interview will appear (for people with Japanese Xbox LIVE accounts) on the Japanese Inside Xbox section on the 360. This is according to the latest update on the official site, assuming google translated it properly.

Also, going from the link on the official site, it looks like some Japanese magazine (that came out last week I think) will also have some interview with the VOOT Devs.

http://vo-ot360.sega.jp/column.html
http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/
http://storenet.jp/shop/sbcr/g/g20021005200812/

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone's interested.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Interview with VOOT devs, huh? As in the originals...or the ones that are doing this re-release? Because didn't the majority of the team leave after 5.66 was originally released? *shrugs* Thought I read that somewhere.
"Nuh uh uh"
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

The dev/s of the 360 version. I use the term Devs a bit loosely, but be it the programmer, producer, overseer, I still consider them devs. In this case I'm not sure what role the person interviewed plays in 360 VOOT.

Also, from the official site's interview last week, it looks like the 360 VF5 team that did VF5 for 360 are doing the port, and I think someone from AM3 is overseeing it, but not sure, google translator can only tell me so much.

All of my info could be wrong as I'm basing it on google translated websites, but I'm pretty sure an "Inside Xbox" video is supposed to pop up tomorrow (Monday) on the Japanese Xbox Live.

Why did the the team leave after 5.66?
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

I'm not sure if AM3/Hitmaker really exists anymore, at least not as a concrete organization of any sort. Most of Sega's internal studios all got folded together some time ago. Astro Boy Omega Factor was the last Hitmaker game made (I think), and afterward, some of the Hitmaker guys made their way over to Treasure's handheld team, some stayed at Sega, and the whereabouts of the rest are anybody's guess.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

The Inside Xbox video popped up on the Japanese Xbox LIVE. It's an interview with the VOOT producer.

I can't understand any of it but I did hear Dreamcast mentioned a few times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Long Shadow wrote:The Inside Xbox video popped up on the Japanese Xbox LIVE. It's an interview with the VOOT producer.

I can't understand any of it but I did hear Dreamcast mentioned a few times.

How soon till we get a transcript that google can badly translate? :P

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Here is a related text interview from xbox.com.

Link;
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/interview/interview49.htm

Google Translated;
http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... 1&ie=UTF-8

I can't get too much into out the google translation.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

I was joking about a bad google translation, apperently google wasn't. :P

Still no mention of a date, or of twinsticks, from what I can see...

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

The text interview seems to be a different interview then the Inside xbox video. The video talks to only one person, the producer. And in the video, I heard dreamcast mentioned a few times, so I'm still curious about it also.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:I was joking about a bad google translation, apperently google wasn't. :P

Still no mention of a date, or of twinsticks, from what I can see...
Hahahah! Google means business man. :P Anywho...yea ok, developers/programmers/producers/etc I figured that's what you meant. Usually what im referring to as well. Man...it's like living in 1999 again...VOOT getting all this attention. :D Isn't it wonderful?
"Nuh uh uh"