Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

VOOT Wiki!

Post by Schooly D »

I went ahead and created a VOOT wiki here:

http://voot.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual-On:_ ... ngram_Wiki

Of course it's late am I'm tired, so I haven't made a page yet. But we really should get working on this. There's a lot of information we can consolidate, for both new and experienced players.

The first step is always creating a page. So even if you just create a page (say, for a VR), that's great. Others will build on it.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Re: VOOT Wiki!

Post by Sixfortyfive »

This isn't a bad idea. However, if anyone's really interested in this, it'd be nice if we put it on a better host. The ads and layout on that page are an eyesore. If Menthol's not interested in hosting it here, I have my own domain that isn't really being used for anything important.

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. Why not just use Shoryuken's wiki? They don't seem to have a Virtual On page yet, so the floor's open. I might start one myself later today.

EDIT 2: I started typing up a skeleton for the SRK wiki to be expanded upon later. If anyone else wants to get a jump on it and continue with it yourself, feel free to copy and paste and edit what I have below. I need to call it a day and get some shut-eye, and I'm still waiting for my SRK account request to go through.

EDIT 3: *now on SRK wiki*
Last edited by Sixfortyfive on 10 Jun 2009, 19:25, edited 3 times in total.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

neoKEN said he tried a while ago to get VOOT on the SRK wiki, but they wouldn't accept it.

I've put up a skeleton VR page for Cypher here:

http://voot.wikia.com/wiki/Cypher

Y'all can use this to make stub pages for your favorite VRs. Eventually we can start filling in the meaty stuff.

EDIT: Also put up one for Temjin
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Added a lot more info to my 2nd post. There also appears to be several more pages on your Wiki now.

I have some loose ends I want to tie-up. Anybody have an answer for these?
  • I'm not really sure why it's not always possible to Watari Dash at 135 degrees instead of 90. If somebody could clear up the specifics on that, that'd be great.
  • I'm not entirely sure what Rowing and Doi-2 Dashes are, and I think those might need a mention.
  • Prototype Temjin and Raiden probably don't deserve pages of their own. Either a brief blurb on the game page or in Temjin and Raiden's pages would be enough.
  • There's no mention on how to quickly recover from falling, mostly because I don't remember how to do that.
I think that's it.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Cypher! Woop woop! I like the specs for height and weight. xD!
"Nuh uh uh"
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Sixfortyfive wrote:Added a lot more info to my 2nd post. There also appears to be several more pages on your Wiki now.

I have some loose ends I want to tie-up. Anybody have an answer for these?
  • I'm not really sure why it's not always possible to Watari Dash at 135 degrees instead of 90. If somebody could clear up the specifics on that, that'd be great.
  • I'm not entirely sure what Rowing and Doi-2 Dashes are, and I think those might need a mention.
  • Prototype Temjin and Raiden probably don't deserve pages of their own. Either a brief blurb on the game page or in Temjin and Raiden's pages would be enough.
  • There's no mention on how to quickly recover from falling, mostly because I don't remember how to do that.
I think that's it.
1) I haven't been able to Watari dash at 135 degrees at all in 5.66. I used to in 5.45, but not anymore.
2a) Rowing has something to do with moving the Twin Sticks asymetrically so you both rotate and strafe at the same time, thereby going kicky-fast with some VRs. I've never had Twin Sticks so I can't tell you much more.
2b) Doi-2 is canceling the freeze time from a landing or a dash attack by segueing a LT attack into a dash. On the Dreamcast you could press the LT attack, then press a direction on the D-Pad while still having the LT button pressed and you would dash away in that direction. In 5.66, however, I've always had to make the attack and the dash separate entities.
3) Where did they get special pages?
4) I never heard about this either. I'm very interested.

Also, I've put up article stubs for all the VRs plus an article on armor. Get writing, people! Anything is fine!
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

I have wrote Beginner's Guide and in middle of writing Close Combat. I hope the format is clear to read.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Schooly D wrote:neoKEN said he tried a while ago to get VOOT on the SRK wiki, but they wouldn't accept it.
Nonono :) . I ask a few of the guys running SRK to include VOOT, but I was turned down. I didn't ask about a SRK wiki. Even the website GoForBroke which deals with fighting game videos wouldn't accept VOOT videos since he didn't consider it a "fighter" :(. Guys, we're on our own from here.

I feel there is genuine interest somewhere out there for VOOT stuff. There are a lot of those people that want to like VO, but eventually get frustrated or disinterested for the wrong reasons. I can't blame them. The game is painfully hard the movement you pick it up. I believe if we go for those people, we can at least double or triple our numbers.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken