JAPAN Tokyo Game Night Tourney vids

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

JAPAN Tokyo Game Night Tourney vids

Post by Davo87 »

JAPAN Tokyo Game Night Tourney vids:

http://b2359.blog7.fc2.com/blog-entry-40.html

Edit: the matches actually look not so good than I thought.... :S Sigh... I should have watched them b4 I post the link.
Gasaraki

Re: JAPAN Tokyo Game Night Tourney vids

Post by Gasaraki »

somehow I doubt that site is ever going to have competitive vids cause they actually uploaded SC4 and DOA matches, so yeah...
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

more videos is better than no videos. It looks so casual. Wish I could attend.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

Gasaraki wrote:somehow I doubt that site is ever going to have competitive vids cause they actually uploaded SC4 and DOA matches, so yeah...
I would not say that so soon. Look at these videos real quick and they might enlighten you. Also as long as there is a community, fans and hardcore players anything can happen bro.

DOA4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFPjpC2neSI

SC4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91d7hbKUkk

And Virtual On has some hope too =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qvpPdos1Q

MASTER
The game of LIFE is hard! . . BEAT IT!
FIND ME @
DFWGames.com DOAcentral.com Youtube.com/DOAUMASTER
Twitter.com/oMASTERo Myspace.com/_DOAMASTER_
Xbox GT: o M A S T E R o and/or CGS MASTER
Gasaraki

Post by Gasaraki »

No I'm sorry but DOA is not a competitive fighting game, it is horribly made. People can try to say it is all they want but it doesn't change anything, same for SC4.

And it isn't "soon", the games have been out for long enough for people to know how crappy they are compared to anything that's actually competitive. =P
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

Gasaraki wrote:No I'm sorry but DOA is not a competitive fighting game, it is horribly made. People can try to say it is all they want but it doesn't change anything, same for SC4.

And it isn't "soon", the games have been out for long enough for people to know how crappy they are compared to anything that's actually competitive. =P
Well if that is what you think i understand everyone has an opinion =D. However I think if the VO:OT community really wants to get to where DOA or SC are it easily can since it has the tools for it =)

MASTER
The game of LIFE is hard! . . BEAT IT!
FIND ME @
DFWGames.com DOAcentral.com Youtube.com/DOAUMASTER
Twitter.com/oMASTERo Myspace.com/_DOAMASTER_
Xbox GT: o M A S T E R o and/or CGS MASTER
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Gasaraki wrote:No I'm sorry but DOA is not a competitive fighting game, it is horribly made. People can try to say it is all they want but it doesn't change anything, same for SC4.

Calm down dude. DOA didn't hurt nobody. DOA has a right to a fighting game community like any other fighter just like VOOT. How competitive is subjective. I see this way too often on shoryuken.com board :(
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Gasaraki

Post by Gasaraki »

I'm calm, I just don't see how anyone can possibly consider DOA to be competitive, but whatever.
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Gasaraki wrote:I'm calm, I just don't see how anyone can possibly consider DOA to be competitive, but whatever.
This is a really lame, elitist attitude, and you're a bad person for expressing it. =P I don't even play DOA, either.

Any versus game that is fun enough to maintain a fanbase is competitive. Any fighting game that still has a following is competitive. Pokemon is competitive. If people compete, then the activity in question is competitive. Anybody who seriously tries to argue otherwise either has a tenuous grasp on English or is something of a snob.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Sixfortyfive wrote:
Gasaraki wrote:I'm calm, I just don't see how anyone can possibly consider DOA to be competitive, but whatever.
This is a really lame, elitist attitude, and you're a bad person for expressing it. =P I don't even play DOA, either.

Any versus game that is fun enough to maintain a fanbase is competitive. Any fighting game that still has a following is competitive. Pokemon is competitive. If people compete, then the activity in question is competitive. Anybody who seriously tries to argue otherwise either has a tenuous grasp on English or is something of a snob.
Ah, well, I think Gasaraki could've been a little gentler about it, but I can see where he's coming from. Some games are just less suited for high-level competition than others. From his point of view, you could say the difference between SF4 and DOA4 is like the difference between Chess and Checkers. Or the difference between Poker and Guess The Next Card In The Deck.

But, yeah. Don't be so snobbish Gasaraki. :mrgreen:
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

No I'm sorry but DOA is not a competitive fighting game, it is horribly made. People can try to say it is all they want but it doesn't change anything, same for SC4.

SCIV not competitive? Thats not true. There is a community all across the world so its not quite far from dead. SC4 online is a joke. Its just not as big as SFIV, tho bcos it has no arcade release its probably a bit less than VF5 or even bcos its more fun.
Last edited by Davo87 on 28 May 2009, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Schooly D wrote:Some games are just less suited for high-level competition than others. From his point of view, you could say the difference between SF4 and DOA4 is like the difference between Chess and Checkers. Or the difference between Poker and Guess The Next Card In The Deck.
Hey now, be nice. Before VOOT I played checkers competitively!!

On topic, are any of these videos decent? I only watched part of the first one, with the Temjin who mostly stood still with the occasional jumping attack.
MentholMoose
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

I should of noted, to mainly watch vid 4. lol

Sigh... if Nuru or anyone who speaks JP finds a video site with good player vids, postup! I went to Nico video JP and had no luck in getting anything.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Here's a video on Nico with a few decent matches. The first one is the POV of the ridiculously good "Chaos Mode" Bal player.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7053856
MentholMoose