Post by Kuroilupin »

Shout out to: Mintzaiger, Testament, graefocs, Schooly D, & Zephyr

GG's to all last night.
"You do what you gotta do!"
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by VR-Eli »

Kuroilupin: (And furthermore Schooly D:) Guh, where the hell do you people learn to play like that? D: Normally I try to play a reactive style, but you managed to out reaction my reaction :cry: I couldn't even hit you with my specy and he's suppose to be the one I'm good with. I better go out in the woods and train or something. :lol:

graefocs: You improved a lot in a short amount of time, I wasn't pulling my punches with the Fei-yen fights, you're getting better at hitting me during my freezes, and just throwing stuff out there for me to run into.

GG to everyone, and sorry to Lt. Testament for the dordray ambush :D
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Kyper
Gamertag: Kyper Trast

Post by Kyper »

GGs to DeltastrikeX, a few of those matches I thought I knew what I was doing but most of the time it was downright embarassing, especially with constant CC deaths. Sorry about all the disconnects, my ISP has been giving me problems so I've decided to call it quits for now.

I played a couple of amusing and strange matches, at least to me. There was a Dordray player who stood and jumped in one spot while I hopelessly launched cLW balls and cCW waves with Specineff. Another was a Raiden where we played CC only, and to add insult to injury, he would break his armor and smack me down. Actually, I find a couple of people who like doing the CC only thing. I guess 'cause it's fun, funny and everyone knows I blow at it heh.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Kyper wrote:There was a Dordray player who stood and jumped in one spot while I hopelessly launched cLW balls and cCW waves with Specineff.
What's with the jumping-up-and-down-without-attacking thing? I've had a couple ranked matches like that.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I had a bit of an off day, since my Twin Sticks are starting to have problems (RW is messed up). I only played for an hour or so. Good games to the people I had ranked matches with, IIRC VR-Eli/Mintzaiger, DeepInTheHops/DaveRudolph, feixaq, and DeltastrikeX. I did "rank up" to Lieutenant General, though.
MentholMoose
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Good games tonight with my boys chasiumen and anikingVOOT. And also this guy Scott Robinson. If you see him, go easy on him since he's just learning how to play.

Funny story. So, while us 4 are in the party, chasiumen and aniking start talking to each other in Japanese. I heard the word "America" a couple of times, and maybe the word "VOOT." So the conversation goes like this:

chasiumen: <speaking Japanese>
aniking: <speaking Japanese>
Scott: Oh! <speaks Japanese too>
chasiumen: *silent*
aniking: *silent*
Scott: Huh. Mics must be broken.

Good times.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

I might add all of you yahoos tonight...gotta clean up my friends list. :?

Good game tonight to Vo MOON oV. He matched his Angelian against my Raiden in player match for about an hour or so. He was wiping the floor with me (I won like 2 games out of the whole thing), but he stuck it out and helped me build some Angelian strat. I'm also still getting accustomed to my newly modded Twin Sticks (thanks Menthol!), so I have like double the learning curve right now. :lol:

Love this game! :geek:

I really wanted to be a respected pilot around here one day. I know I have my work cut out for me, but that is my goal! :ugeek:

Oh yeah, and Microsoft announced at E3 that they are giving the 360 at least a 10 year life span, meaning that we'll be able to play VOOT online until at *least* 2015. 8-)
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

Good game with Schooly D, chasiumen, and TRXSTR RVBKRD (is his name scott?).
Schooly D wrote:Funny story.
Oh, was he speaking japanese too? I could not hear well and I though we (japanese) were noisy, so we switched our chat to private. It was my first meet with Chasiumen so I wanted to know him well. Maybe we better speak in English with you guys from next time.

Anyway, you getting better to fight against temjin. I think I will never be able to beat you someday.
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
RYO

Post by RYO »

Ggs to School D, anikingVOOT, TRXSTR RVBKRD, and ppl who has played on Ranking match tonight.
Schooly D wrote:Funny story.
I'm sorry if I made u uncomfortable with speaking Japanese. Next time, I will speak English. I was little nervous to start a conversation XD

Anyway, i will find a way to defeat your SYPHER!! SO be prepared!! >:(

GGs to everyone, again!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

RYO wrote:I'm sorry if I made u uncomfortable with speaking Japanese. Next time, I will speak English. I was little nervous to start a conversation XD
No! Not at all! I don't mind at all if you speak in Japanese. I'm sorry if you thought I was uncomfortable with it (can't see why I would be though :mrgreen: ) I just thought the sudden silence was funny. :lol:
anikingVOOT wrote:Good game with Schooly D, chasiumen, and TRXSTR RVBKRD (is his name scott?).
TRXSTR RVBKRD is Scott, the father (along with MentholMoose >.>) of the US VOOT community. He's registered here as Quad. The weird Gamertag is that of a gaming center he's using during his time in New Zealand while he's away from his Xbox and XBL account.
Anyway, you getting better to fight against temjin. I think I will never be able to beat you someday.
Aw, stop. You're making me blush :oops:

Maybe some day I'll be able to beat you more than once every 50 matches :mrgreen:
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Good games to Schooly D, ZaaRock, Neo, and Scott.

I was trying out my twinsticks with a new set of microswitches. I really still didn't have any idea what I was doing ^^;;;

I'll use the controller next time guys, promise ^^

Unless you want easier wins, then i'll stick with the sticks...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

DeepInTheHops wrote:It's weird. I think Zaarock and I are 50/50 against each other overall, but on any given day one of us will win over 80% of the time. Today was not my day. :?
BWHAHAHA No.

Me vs. Zaarock is almost as bad as Me vs. Doomhunter now :?
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

A shout out to Schooly D, sandsfel, & MentholMo0se.
GG's.

Just a quick reminder to all players:

NEVER, NEVER, EVER,... PLAY VOOT WITH THE WRONG MIND-STATE! ! !
This has happen to me this weekend, and it costs me DEARLY..X_X (less wins & more loses)
...It's just one of those bad weekends...my gameplay didn't flow right AT ALL. :x
NEVER let any EXTERNAL DRAMA take over your INTERNAL gameplay. :!:

So heed my WARNING, focus your TARGET, and complete your GOAL.
"You do what you gotta do!"
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Aw man! :shock:

I can't even say good game to Schooly D tonight...because I'm sure it wasn't for him. Maybe "good target practice" might be more fitting. :oops:

Anyhoo, his "General"-ness decided to pop in on 'ol Private Knoxximus tonight on ranked...for a second I almost declined, but then I figured, we're forum mates, so I guess I'd better take this ass whoopin like a man...and maybe learn something from it.

I learned that no matter how fast you think you can move, under the correct conditions, you can move even faster...but it STILL won't be fast enough to evade Schooly D, much less land a hit. Yes, that's right fellow pilots...I do believe he perfected me for both rounds. It needs to be said...Schooly D took me to school. :cry:

But it's all good! This just strengthens my resolve to improve! I did manage to beat a Warrant Officer and a Lt. Colonel today (both Japanese pilots, natch 8-) ), so that picked my spirits up a little.

My record now stands at 13-27 (pretty sure)...looks like it's more training for me! :D

Seriously tho Schooly D, that was insane, and frankly, quite intimidating. I'd even bet you were playing with one hand tied behind your back and a blindfold on! :lol:

I SHALL OVERCOME! :ugeek:
Last edited by Knoxximus on 08 Jun 2009, 00:06, edited 2 times in total.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Ha. Good game, knoxx. I saw you in the lobby, and I was like "hey, it's knoxximus!" *A button* before I considered the fairness of it, considering it was a ranked match. :oops:

I'll leave you alone in the Ranked playlist, but if you ever want to get in some Player matches, let me know!
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Schooly D wrote:Ha. Good game, knoxx. I saw you in the lobby, and I was like "hey, it's knoxximus!" *A button* before I considered the fairness of it, considering it was a ranked match. :oops:

I'll leave you alone in the Ranked playlist, but if you ever want to get in some Player matches, let me know!
That is the best news I've heard all day! I appreciate the offer and will definitely take you up on it as it will only improve me overall! At least you know "I ain't scurred!". :lol:

I could have SWORN at the end of the match I heard Keyboard Cat "play me off". ;)
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Kuroilupin wrote:...It's just one of those bad weekends...my gameplay didn't flow right AT ALL. :x
I did pretty bad this weekend as well, my overall win/loss ratio dropped a bit at least... 313 W 132 L now. I did reach Brigadier General already though.

My friends list keeps getting full, which is a pain because it would be great to have everyone from here in it :|
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Zaarock wrote:I did pretty bad this weekend as well, my overall win/loss ratio dropped a bit at least... 313 W 132 L now. I did reach Brigadier General already though.
You're down to a 70% win percentage against people your rank or higher? How catastrophic. ;)

I wish they used TrueSkill or something similar in this game (instead of the inane 4 point win / 1 point loss system). Rank is better but still not great... it's usually a lot harder to win against somebody who's 300-100 than somebody who's 400-700, even though the latter would probably have a higher rank.
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

DeepInTheHops wrote:I wish they used TrueSkill or something similar in this game (instead of the inane 4 point win / 1 point loss system). Rank is better but still not great... it's usually a lot harder to win against somebody who's 300-100 than somebody who's 400-700, even though the latter would probably have a higher rank.
Agreed -- TrueSkill rating + better quick matching (based on TrueSkill rank) would be nice.
Truesonic2k

Post by Truesonic2k »

I'm new here but I'd like to send out a good games message to Knoxximus who was the one that recommended this place to me after we played. I hope to get to play some of you guys too.