Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Schooly D wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:Eh, you can't blame him too much, Cypher's RTCW is quite annoying.
You know what else is annoying? Paper-thin armor, the weakest in the game.
How about AJIM's non-existant v-armor? At least cypher has some by comparison.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

"Unsporting" on Xbox Live basically means "you're better than me and I don't like that." Doesn't matter what game you're playing.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:There's no such thing as being "too aggressive" in Voot. It's about "attacking" the other player, why would you "not" be somewhat aggressive?
I agree for anything goes ranked matches. For player matches, if it's clear that you really outclass the opponent, I'd say it's good to take it easy on them (but I also wouldn't call it a requirement).
Testament/Seven7 wrote:How about AJIM's non-existant v-armor? At least cypher has some by comparison.
I don't think AJIM actually counts as a usable VR. :D
Sixfortyfive wrote:"Unsporting" on Xbox Live basically means "you're better than me and I don't like that." Doesn't matter what game you're playing.
So that's why my "unsporting" stat is so high! :lol:
MentholMoose
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Sixfortyfive wrote:"Unsporting" on Xbox Live basically means "you're better than me and I don't like that." Doesn't matter what game you're playing.
All too often it's used for that, when it should be used for poor winners. I don't know why SF4 players feel the need to curse me out for "sucking so bad." But asking for manners online is just asking way too much :roll:
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Most of us are just from a different era, guys. These new jacks know NOTHING of arcade rivalry, honor, respect and camaraderie. We grew up with 1 credit = a quarter or 2, and for some of us, that was a lot of money...and we would do whatever it took to make that quarter/credit go the distance. We didn't have checkpoints, armor that would refresh with inactivity, save points, and all that hand holding bullcrap.

Plus, (soapbox ON) society in general just feels like they are entitled to everything nowadays, which to me is the main reason why the world is drowning in debt currently and that the US economy is centered around consumer spending. I think that is the most dumbest crap I have ever heard.

Anyhoo (soapbox OFF), whiners are plentiful. This game is not meant for them. End of story.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
DooM

Post by DooM »

VR-Eli wrote:x DoomHunter x always makes me feel like I'm playing Radiant Silvergun with the amount of stuff he throws out with Angelan. It always catches me off guard because I just never get it in my head to use the terrain to my advantage so I try and dodge all of it only to get nicked by stuff here and there. Definitely a work out, hehe.
Consequently, that's exactly how I feel whenever i play against Moose and his missile barrage. @ . @ We need to play again soon Eli, always good matches.

Good Games to Moose, DeepInTheHops, velocity7, and Torin. That was an exceptionally fun night of carnage. Also, props to Torin for reminding me just how nasty Raiden's double lasers can be when put in the right hands. And to Moose, for teaching my fingers that the best practice for facing a Grys-Vok is a lesson in controller gymnastics.

GGs to SchoolyD as well, who's given me some serious beatings with that flying nightmare he calls Cypher.

Bad games sponsored through one NeoKnuckles who I had the displeasure of playing with a couple nights ago. We played a good couple of matches of me stomping on him for awhile before we both got bored I think. Afterwords I sent him a gg message out of sportsmanship and he responds with how horrible my Angelan is and how bad I spam dragons, blah blah blah...usual bad player whinings.

Not sure how/when/why he got on my friends list, but he was promptly removed.

Seriously, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. ;)
Last edited by DooM on 30 May 2009, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
GT: DoomHunter
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Good games to Schooly_D and your friends! You guys inspire me to get better~
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Good games guys. Sorry I had to cut it short due to my Internet connection problems. Here's hoping that it will be fixed tomorrow.
MentholMoose
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Had some great games tonight with my boys CrazyDazed and Kuroilupin. I also learned something: don't counter a missed Temjin Fwd-RW with an air dash attack. (1) Cypher likes to aim at the feet of enemy VRs during air dash attacks if the enemy is mid- to close-range, and (2) Cypher's weapons suck at knocking people down, so even if I did hit Temjin with an air dash attack, he'd still meet me at my landing with a face full of 50%-damage-doing, game-over-pal Fwd-RW.

Then I got in some games with my other boy anikingVOOT, who is ridiculously good. The night consisted of him picking VRs based on the flip of a coin, me always picking Cypher, and him mopping the floor with me regardless. He said he might come around the forum sometime. Whatever you people do, don't tell him about our tournament! Shhh...
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

DooM wrote:Bad games sponsored through one NeoKnuckles who I had the displeasure of playing with a couple nights ago. We played a good couple of matches of me stomping on him for awhile before we both got bored I think. Afterwords I sent him a gg message out of sportsmanship and he responds with how horrible my Angelan is and how bad I spam dragons, blah blah blah...usually bad player whinings.
That guy was actually complaining on GameFAQs a couple weeks ago about other people having bad sportsmanship.
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

I wanna say good game to a JPN player named "aparmed"...he had a nice Amph-C I think it was. We actually broke even (I've been brushing up on my pad play), but when I went to save the last replay we had, it ended up saving our 1st match. Anyway around this fellas? :(
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Knoxximus wrote:but when I went to save the last replay we had, it ended up saving our 1st match. Anyway around this fellas? :(
Nah, that always happens when using the play again function in player matches.. and in the observer menu you cant view the last fight either. Hopefully this will be fixed in the patch :P
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Knoxximus wrote:I wanna say good game to a JPN player named "aparmed"...he had a nice Amph-C I think it was. We actually broke even (I've been brushing up on my pad play), but when I went to save the last replay we had, it ended up saving our 1st match. Anyway around this fellas? :(
Don't save multiple files with same name. It confuses the game and it will not save.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

CRAZYDAZED wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:I wanna say good game to a JPN player named "aparmed"...he had a nice Amph-C I think it was. We actually broke even (I've been brushing up on my pad play), but when I went to save the last replay we had, it ended up saving our 1st match. Anyway around this fellas? :(
Don't save multiple files with same name. It confuses the game and it will not save.
Oh yeah, this I know.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Kuroilupin wrote:I also versed sandsfel....good matches also with him too.....
I see him in the lobby a lot. A lot of times he's the only person with a decent connection when I'm online. He's probably sick of me challenging him all the time. :)

Also, more good matches with Zaarock today. Always a good time since we both use fast characters and are pretty evenly matched.
rvr67michael

Post by rvr67michael »

Dave! I think I played you in a couple ranked matches the other day (Dordray, Gsilverfish?), I had that super lucky crCC finish right under your scythe? :) I thought I was done for!

My internet connection keeps hanging up on me and needing to be reset, this only happens with the 360, probably something to do with the way I have it set up (it's bridged into my PC's wireless connection). Yesterday I had a particularly hard-fought win when it hung up right after I got the final hit in and didn't get the points for it. I feel bad enough when it hangs when I'm losing and I get negative rep points from people who assume I did it on purpose, but that was terrible.
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

Schooly D wrote:Had some great games tonight with my boys CrazyDazed and Kuroilupin. I also learned something: don't counter a missed Temjin Fwd-RW with an air dash attack. (1) Cypher likes to aim at the feet of enemy VRs during air dash attacks if the enemy is mid- to close-range, and (2) Cypher's weapons suck at knocking people down, so even if I did hit Temjin with an air dash attack, he'd still meet me at my landing with a face full of 50%-damage-doing, game-over-pal Fwd-RW

Yeah good matches as always Schooly D...and the rest of the gang.
And good matches to anikingVOOT as well.....yeah he is ridiculous also!

Oolong wrote:
Schooly D wrote:I've seen that Shadow Sheldon guy. Been trying to get a match with him since he's got good ping. Maybe I'll avoid him now.
And b.t.w....I FINALLY VERSED "Shadow Sheldon"....and after beating him, he message me twice saying the following:

1)STOP TORMENTING ME!!!!!

2) And another thing: ur a absolutely cheap player. U have no honor @ all.

I just wanted to verse him, b/c of his ping.
He kept SPAMMING his temjin special the whole 2 matches….“and he calls me being cheap!!!”
It just shows the attitude that he has...INMATUREEE!...he can't take the heat.
So NEVER AGAIN will I verse him.

So by all means VOOT community.....AVOID HIM if you choose to do so!
"You do what you gotta do!"
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Schooly D wrote:. I also learned something: don't counter a missed Temjin Fwd-RW with an air dash attack. (1) Cypher likes to aim at the feet of enemy VRs during air dash attacks if the enemy is mid- to close-range, and (2) Cypher's weapons suck at knocking people down, so even if I did hit Temjin with an air dash attack, he'd still meet me at my landing with a face full of 50%-damage-doing, game-over-pal Fwd-RW.
Yeah, I noticed cyphers downwards aiming with dash attacks, its the most sharp with LW which also gives LW a pretty good edge in shooting enemies who are lower than you when fwd dashing. If you jump higher the projectiles wont hit the ground anyway, but it obviously becomes harder to time.. Maybe forward dash over the Temjin using RW and then use CW for a speed boost(note, shooting something first appears to make the CW more able to shoot downwards... time it right and you'll have a nice surprise hit right from above :P)? you should get far enough or next to an object with the speed boost given by CW in backwards air dash dash.
Last edited by Zaarock on 30 May 2009, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Oolong

Post by Oolong »

Finally got to play Menthol during halftime of the Laker game! No joke, dude throws out stuff like there's no tomorrow. Would love to get more Grys/Grys matches in the future. Also got to play Doom's Angelan! The dragons are my kryptonite :?
GT: Gekirou
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

Oolong wrote:Finally got to play Menthol during halftime of the Laker game! No joke, dude throws out stuff like there's no tomorrow. Would love to get more Grys/Grys matches in the future. Also got to play Doom's Angelan! The dragons are my kryptonite :?

Yeah I also have some trouble with the dragons too against Angelan players.

Just keep moving and be more watchful, especially when they summon 2 of them.
"You do what you gotta do!"