Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by Knoxximus »

Oolong wrote:Finally got to play Menthol during halftime of the Laker game! No joke, dude throws out stuff like there's no tomorrow. Would love to get more Grys/Grys matches in the future. Also got to play Doom's Angelan! The dragons are my kryptonite :?
Haha! Just watching the replay Menthol has up online against a Bal player that left me breathless LOL! It was just plain insane all the crap that was flying around.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

I fought some Bal player a couple days ago that had some insane record like 750W 100L. I could put up a fight for a little while, but all that crap just gets overwhelming eventually. :lol:
JohnxII

Post by JohnxII »

Oolong wrote:It was fun trying some cc, but Grys obviously isn't equipped to deal with AphB in that department. At any rate, we had some great matches.
Not when the Grys pilot is seasoned like MM.

Played some GGs against Menthol last nite. First game was laggy, but the next few when connection was better he puked stuff all over the screen. When you get caught with some blinding blast, you're almost gauranteed to lose half of your HP... damn AWACs! :twisted:
-Johnson
OIIIOIOIIOIOOOIIIOIOIIOIOO
IOOIOIOIOIOIIIOOIOIOIOIOII
"Creativity keeps the world turning" -DNA VR Corps.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Sixfortyfive wrote:I fought some Bal player a couple days ago that had some insane record like 750W 100L. I could put up a fight for a little while, but all that crap just gets overwhelming eventually. :lol:
The top Bal players really are just crazy good. However, the weapon balance bugs in the Xbox 360 version give them some extra power. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain their incredible statistics once these bugs are fixed.
MentholMoose
Frostycyke

Post by Frostycyke »

Good games to Doomhunter, Schooly D, SixtyFortyFive, NeoKen.. and I'm sure a few others. Doomhunter's Angelan has been kicking my ass to mars and back. And yet, I keep on coming back like some kind of masochist. One day, I'll get you, and your little dragon's too!

Xbox GT- Frostycyke
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Agreed -- awesome games tonight in our little XBL party. It truly was the place to be on a Saturday night.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

GG's to Schooly D, Sandsfel, and SixFortyFive last night!
"You do what you gotta do!"
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

rvr67michael wrote:Dave! I think I played you in a couple ranked matches the other day (Dordray, Gsilverfish?), I had that super lucky crCC finish right under your scythe? :) I thought I was done for!
Yeah, that was me. And to think I had the audacity to think I might actually win a match against a Dordray. :lol:
Frostycyke wrote:Doomhunter's Angelan has been kicking my ass to mars and back. And yet, I keep on coming back like some kind of masochist.
Hear, hear! Overall, I think my record against him is like 0-25. I've won maybe two or three rounds, ever.
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

Hello guys. Im new here.
It was fun night lastnight and good games with Schooly D, frostycke and Doomhunter.
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
Frostycyke

Post by Frostycyke »

Yeah Aniking, I knew I forgot to give props to someone, Too bad we didn't play more, I spent most of my time in the party getting wasted by other players, but next I'll be sure to give you plenty of time to kick my ass.

@deepinthehops, so you're DaveRudolph. I've faced you quite a bit in ranked matches, seeing as you have a better connection to me than other players, I don't quite remember any specifics of any of our matches, although I'm sure I was cursing at you with my mic off, I look forward to getting some games in on the player match side where I can curse at you with my mic on :lol:

Xbox GT- Frostycyke
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

anikingVOOT wrote:Hello guys. Im new here.
It was fun night lastnight and good games with Schooly D, frostycke and Doomhunter.

I think I also versed you before...I think 2 days ago, or something like that.

Good Games with you also. It's always intense battles when we duel!
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

Kuroilupin wrote:I think I also versed you before...I think 2 days ago, or something like that.

Yeah, we had a match on Ranked Match.
I believe you are using Fei-Yen,,, right?
VS Fei-Yen is one of the tough matchup for me, because they shine whenever I shot CW :shock:
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

anikingVOOT wrote:
Kuroilupin wrote:I think I also versed you before...I think 2 days ago, or something like that.

Yeah, we had a match on Ranked Match.
I believe you are using Fei-Yen,,, right?
VS Fei-Yen is one of the tough matchup for me, because they shine whenever I shot CW :shock:

Yep, I did use Fei-Yen aganist you.
Normally I use Temjin, but I also like to switch it up with Fei as well, and most of the VR's if I want to.

Your Raiden skills are superb!...I must be carefull the next time...when we duel again! ;)
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

I saw that the Moose was loose for quite awhile on Xbox Live today. ;)

Any highlights? :D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I had some good player matches with Schooly D, Doomhunter, MURPH/BadDudeStryker, Sixfortyfive, and maybe others. Also had a bunch of CC rounds with rvr67michael/GSilverfish's Dordray, which was quite fun. I forgot how hilarious Dordray's CC throw is! :P

Mostly I was on ranked matches, though. I actually had some a few bad matches against some Japanese players... several players apparently just gave up during the match, and either stopped moving or tried suicide. Maybe they are too used to playing nearly lag free matches with other Japanese players, and don't like playing foreigners with relatively higher lag.

Those few bad games aside, I did have a lot great ranked matches. I played a bunch of matches against anikingVOOT's excellent Raiden, which was great fun. I played with an incredible Specineff player, the best I've seen so far, with a record was something like 400-100. He was very difficult to hit! I did manage to win in two rounds, but both went to timeout with about 10% or less health difference and could have gone either way.

I played with two of the super good Bal players. I played really well against one guy who I've never beat, and could have won for the first time, but I made an incredibly stupid mistake and lost! :( Also, I played with the "chaos mode" Bal player for the first time, and we played several ranked mode matches. I've actually wanted to play him since I saw an incredible replay of his about 9 years ago! I lost every match, but it was close and most matches went to three rounds. I've already played a lot of matches against the various great Bal players, so I was somewhat prepared.

The highlight of the night was actually a ranked match against a super good Apharmd B player! Apharmd B players typically destroy me. I've been slowly improving... whenever I see a good Apharmd B player in ranked mode, I challenge them over and over, if possible... this kills my statistics, but it's fun! Anyway, this guy has beaten me a bunch of times, and I finally managed to win one! It was an intense, super close match, and I uploaded it, so check it out!
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:The highlight of the night was actually a ranked match against a super good Apharmd B player! Apharmd B players typically destroy me. I've been slowly improving... whenever I see a good Apharmd B player in ranked mode, I challenge them over and over, if possible... this kills my statistics, but it's fun! Anyway, this guy has beaten me a bunch of times, and I finally managed to win one! It was an intense, super close match, and I uploaded it, so check it out!
I'm on it! :geek:
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Good games to X Doomhunter X. Makes me remember why I hate Angelen ^^;;;
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

DeepInTheHops wrote:Also, more good matches with Zaarock today. Always a good time since we both use fast characters and are pretty evenly matched.
It's weird. I think Zaarock and I are 50/50 against each other overall, but on any given day one of us will win over 80% of the time. Today was not my day. :?
MentholMoose wrote:I played with an incredible Specineff player, the best I've seen so far, with a record was something like 400-100. He was very difficult to hit! I did manage to win in two rounds, but both went to timeout with about 10% or less health difference and could have gone either way.
Was their GT "D pochi" or something like that? If so, his record is actually even better than that (like 460-95 or something like that). I got crushed in two rounds by him today.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

DeepInTheHops wrote:Was their GT "D pochi" or something like that? If so, his record is actually even better than that (like 460-95 or something like that). I got crushed in two rounds by him today.
It was somebody else, though I forgot the GT. He definitely had over 100 losses.
MentholMoose
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

Mintzaiger/Testament/Lupin/Schooly D/Zephyr,

Great games tonight and thanks for the good times. Sorry if I wasn't more of a challenge for you all... still learning the ropes and it really helps to play against folks who are so much better than me. I'm so glad I found oratan and that there's a bunch of you guys out there playing all the time.

Eli, thanks for all the instructionals, tips, and patience. I wish more players on XBL were like you. You gave me a lot of great tips on the new characters I've been trying to pick up.

Testament, great matches. There were a lotta LOLs to be had. I couldn't stop cracking up whenever you hit me with some insane crap that I couldn't believe I fell for. VOOT has never made laugh so much. Fun times.

Lupin, your Temjin skills are awesome. Those were some really exciting matches. I feel like I really improved as a player going against you and picked up a few things. I felt my game really improve a lot during our 2nd round, when I thought I was doing pretty well. Then I realized later you were probably just exhibiting good sportsmanship and taking it easy on me :) We have to play again so I can soak up some of your skills. BTW, do you have a mic/headset? I might have an extra one laying around if you need. PM me.

Schooly D... dude I'm so sorry. It must've been a total bore. I have absolutely no clue what to do against your Cypher. Didn't you triple perfect me? haha. I really like that VR a lot and would love to play you some more to see if there's anything I can learn. As Eli saw when I tried him out for a sec, I'm pretty weaksauce and totally retard-button mashing.

Zephyr, sorry we didn't get to play. But great meeting ya. We'll play soon.
GT: GraeFocs