Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by Knoxximus »

Truesonic2k wrote:I'm new here but I'd like to send out a good games message to Knoxximus who was the one that recommended this place to me after we played. I hope to get to play some of you guys too.
Hey, you found your way over here! Yeah, good game indeed! It was pretty close if I recall correctly. Welcome to the forums! :D
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

I'd love to play a couple of rounds with you guys if/when I see you in the lobby sometime :)
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

feixaq wrote:Agreed -- TrueSkill rating + better quick matching (based on TrueSkill rank) would be nice.
I just wish Quick Match would keep trying to find people instead of giving up after 10 or 15 seconds. And since I have such a low success rate trying to pick opponents manually, lately I've mostly been sitting in the lobby waiting for people to challenge me. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get a match, and they're usually not the best players, but at least that way I can read crap online while I wait and not have to actively seek a match.

Back on topic, good games yesterday, feixaq. :) I also had a chance to play Schooly D for the first time. Since I was getting my ass kicked by Zaarock's Cypher over the weekend, I felt right at home.
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

Good game for tonight with chasiumen, Schooly D and Grae Focs.

I hope I could play with other guys, but,
Schooly liked to play with me a lot tonigh so I could not :P
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

anikingVOOT wrote:Good game for tonight with chasiumen, Schooly D and Grae Focs.

Haha yeah good times last night. It was fun. I'm sure Schooly D likes to play you because you're the only one who is any challenge. We had a lotta folks drop by last night. Hello all.

I had one game last night where I managed to not let Schooly double perfect me. I feel very accomplished.
GT: GraeFocs
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Good games graefocs, chasiumen, and a few others I forget to mention last night! Sorry anikingVOOT and SchoolyD for not getting a chance to play you.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

CRAZYDAZED wrote:Good games graefocs, chasiumen, and a few others I forget to mention last night! Sorry anikingVOOT and SchoolyD for not getting a chance to play you.
*ahem*...I sent u an invite too, ya know. ;)
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

graefocs wrote:
anikingVOOT wrote:Good game for tonight with chasiumen, Schooly D and Grae Focs.

Haha yeah good times last night. It was fun. I'm sure Schooly D likes to play you because you're the only one who is any challenge. We had a lotta folks drop by last night. Hello all.

I had one game last night where I managed to not let Schooly double perfect me. I feel very accomplished.
Now THAT is something to be proud of. Seriously.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Yes, good games last night with aniking and GraeFocs. Unfortunately I didn't get to play anyone else before my connection started getting dicey. :(
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Knoxximus wrote:
CRAZYDAZED wrote:Good games graefocs, chasiumen, and a few others I forget to mention last night! Sorry anikingVOOT and SchoolyD for not getting a chance to play you.
*ahem*...I sent u an invite too, ya know. ;)
I knew I forgot someone, sorry
CrouchingLiger

Post by CrouchingLiger »

I decided to take my chances last night and fight a few Japanese generals. Needless to say, I got handed, but what really surprised me was their preference for Grys-Vok/Stein-Vok. I'm used to playing against hordes of Temjins, so this was quite refreshing, even if they did cut me to shreds. Any other Fei-Yen players out there?
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

I generally get my ass kicked in the last second of the round. Well as I am Fei-Yen. Fighting Cypher as Fei-Yen I sand no chance. -.-;
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier
Nusakan

Post by Nusakan »

my 1:1 ratio is starting to slip towards 1:3 at an alarming rate >.<; I'm an ok Fei-Yen player. I usually play anyone around my rank but will always play anyone who challenges me. I get floored really fast by those higher ranked people ;_;. Kinda expected since i'm still so used to playin VOOM and forget things new features in VOOT like changing directions in dashes or quick steping (i think that's what it's called).
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

Nusakan wrote:my 1:1 ratio is starting to slip towards 1:3 at an alarming rate >.<; I'm an ok Fei-Yen player. I usually play anyone around my rank but will always play anyone who challenges me. I get floored really fast by those higher ranked people ;_;. Kinda expected since i'm still so used to playin VOOM and forget things new features in VOOT like changing directions in dashes or quick steping (i think that's what it's called).
OH yeah like a general or something challenged me as just starting out, and I'm like oh you just want an ego stroke don't you?
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

I actually try to challenge as many 5 star Generals as I can. I try to last as long as possible and throw out all the ammo I can. Then I steal their mojo by saving the replay and watching it.

Maybe once I've collected enough souls, I'll be able to win a few matches in Ranked. I'm at a pitiful 90:140 or something like that right now.
GT: GraeFocs
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Purple-Tamjin wrote:OH yeah like a general or something challenged me as just starting out, and I'm like oh you just want an ego stroke don't you?
They might have just been using Quick Match. I don't think Quick Match cares about rank much, if at all.
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

DeepInTheHops wrote:
Purple-Tamjin wrote:OH yeah like a general or something challenged me as just starting out, and I'm like oh you just want an ego stroke don't you?
They might have just been using Quick Match. I don't think Quick Match cares about rank much, if at all.
I don't know can you do quick match in rank? Because there's no level in the player matches.
Nusakan

Post by Nusakan »

It doesn't bother me because I won't get better unless i get slaughtered repeatedly. Learn from your mistakes, right? What's weird that I noticed when I play is that I feel like I play better or at least I do more when I play against someone that puts me into a lot of pressure vs a round where we exchange fire back and forth. I'll still get owned on intensive rounds but it's something i can say "wow, that was actually fun!" I'm trying to stray away from fei-yen and play more rounds like that with raiden and grys-vok.
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

Oh I agree, winning all the time is boring. I'm just saying someone going intentionally for low levels is lame. Like in WoW level 80s ganking level 10s doesn't make the level 10 any better.
Kyper
Gamertag: Kyper Trast

Post by Kyper »

Heh Deltastrike and Dave trashed me a couple of times again. I think I could stand a chance against Specineff in general as long as I keep aware of the CW waves but I'm just confused as all hell with Bal. And there seems to be a variance in skill and playstyle with all the Bal players I've faced as well so I find it hard to develop a basic strategy.

Also played CrouchingLiger/NigelK420, twice I think. Once with Temjin and Specineff. The Temjin one was close but my Spec was just awful.

And it occurred to me that I haven't beat anyone here even ONCE! Haha, guess I deserve my 1:2 ratio.