Official Xbox 360 Twin Sticks ¥30,000 in November from Hori

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Re: Official Xbox 360 Twin Sticks ¥30,000 in November from Hori

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Dreamcazman wrote:Hori aren't really renowned for making top-of-the-line gear, they have a few shockers on the market but overall I guess they are better than Madcatz in general. I guess it just depends on what parts they are planning on using.
The Hori sticks with real arcade parts (Sanwa, Seimitsu) are generally considered quality sticks I think. It's their in-house sticks and buttons that are kinda meh.

I wonder what the case will look like. Their Real Arcade Pro sticks are pretty huge.

In light of this, you could probably make some decent cash buying up DC sticks from Play-Asia, modding them, and selling them at a profit (surely for less than $300).
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

DeepInTheHops wrote:
Dreamcazman wrote:Hori aren't really renowned for making top-of-the-line gear, they have a few shockers on the market but overall I guess they are better than Madcatz in general. I guess it just depends on what parts they are planning on using.
The Hori sticks with real arcade parts (Sanwa, Seimitsu) are generally considered quality sticks I think. It's their in-house sticks and buttons that are kinda meh.
Sorry, that's what I meant. ;) The HRAP sticks are good, the EX2 (like the DOA4 stick) kinda suck.
fliptopbox

Post by fliptopbox »

DeepInTheHops wrote:In light of this, you could probably make some decent cash buying up DC sticks from Play-Asia, modding them, and selling them at a profit (surely for less than $300).
I wonder how many they have. Their site doesn't seem to indicate, but I was able to add 6 to my cart.

Not buying though. Not yet.
fliptopbox

Post by fliptopbox »

DeepInTheHops wrote:In light of this, you could probably make some decent cash buying up DC sticks from Play-Asia, modding them, and selling them at a profit (surely for less than $300).
After further review, it looks like it breaks down like so:
  • Used DC sticks from Play-Asia: $140 after shipping
  • 360 controller for PCB: $40-50 after shipping
That means that the parts alone will cost $200. Now imagine that it takes someone 2-6 hours (that they could be spending working, earning money) and suddenly we're back up to $300.

I could see building them because it would be a fun project, but I don't think someone could be expected to make much profit.
josher_09

Post by josher_09 »

N/A
Last edited by josher_09 on 10 Sep 2021, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
josher_09

Post by josher_09 »

N/A
Last edited by josher_09 on 10 Sep 2021, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

fliptopbox wrote:After further review, it looks like it breaks down like so:
  • Used DC sticks from Play-Asia: $140 after shipping
  • 360 controller for PCB: $40-50 after shipping
That means that the parts alone will cost $200. Now imagine that it takes someone 2-6 hours (that they could be spending working, earning money) and suddenly we're back up to $300.

I could see building them because it would be a fun project, but I don't think someone could be expected to make much profit.
People have been using cheaper PCBs (like $10-$20 I think), but I forgot about the $40 shipping (duh :roll:). I thought it might be a fun way to make a few bucks if you're into that sort of thing... perhaps not.
ChaRaa

Post by ChaRaa »

I was expecting this... I really think it's not the way to go. The only way they can release Twin Sticks with reasonable price is develop a next-gen Virtual On and hype it up.
Since it seem to sell pretty good in Japan, Microsoft should throw money to them to make an exclusive next-gen VO. (complete with 360s on Virtualroids backs that can go RROD) That seem to be the only realistic senario for it to happen at this day and age.

Another thought, if that Natal thing works like they advertised, may be we can just use DC, Saturn sticks or even imaginary twinsticks.
GT: ChaRaa
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

ChaRaa wrote:Another thought, if that Natal thing works like they advertised, may be we can just use DC, Saturn sticks or even imaginary twinsticks.
There's a thought, but the trigger/turbo buttons would have to be greatly exaggerated I think, and kind of kill the flow of the game. Neat idea tho. :)
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
josher_09

Post by josher_09 »

N/A
Last edited by josher_09 on 10 Sep 2021, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

josher_09 wrote:it hopefully wireless as well
Wireless = much more input lag. I doubt people would like that if it were possible.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Zaarock wrote:
josher_09 wrote:it hopefully wireless as well
Wireless = much more input lag. I doubt people would like that if it were possible.
Wireless = MS treats wireless like it's a virgin daughter, never leaves the house with strangers or forieners.

In other words, i'm doubtful of wireless due to microsofts current bussiness model of keeping the wireless tech proprietary.

I'm curious if maybe the yen count was misinterpreted or a mistype...I can't imagine, even using the most expensive sanwa parts, that this controller should cost this much....is each one getting indivitually custom autographed serial numbered artwork from Katoki Hajime? Can they be plugged into a Naomi cabinet for use on Arcade 5.66? Do they include a 1/1 scale VR? Maybe they come with HDMI compatable HMD's? Prehaps they are crafted from rare metals? I honestly have no idea...but good god they better have a reason for such a high cost, or a lower cost...this is outrageous, like most of this post for example ^^;;;
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

I honestly think they should go the Mad Catz route...have a "standard" controller for like $150-200 and the "deluxe premium" edition that includes a Temjin bust for $300. :lol:

Also, Mad Catz recently inked a deal to be the only 3rd party controller manufacturer to be allowed to make wireless controllers using Microsoft's proprietary technology. So, maybe if Mad Catz made a stick, it could be wireless. I don't know why Mad Catz ISN'T making a controller, truth be told. I guess they don't see much money in it. :( :?
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Knoxximus wrote:I honestly think they should go the Mad Catz route...have a "standard" controller for like $150-200 and the "deluxe premium" edition that includes a Temjin bust for $300. :lol:

Also, Mad Catz recently inked a deal to be the only 3rd party controller manufacturer to be allowed to make wireless controllers using Microsoft's proprietary technology. So, maybe if Mad Catz made a stick, it could be wireless. I don't know why Mad Catz ISN'T making a controller, truth be told. I guess they don't see much money in it. :( :?
Or maybe it's because Mad Catz isn't a japanese manafacture and hori is?

I do like that first idea very much though.

DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:I can't imagine, even using the most expensive sanwa parts, that this controller should cost this much....
The ones MentholMoose linked to are 8,500 each, so two of them would account for over half the cost. Assuming 100 yen = 1 USD (for easy math), that leaves $130 for the rest of the parts. For a limited edition Hori stick, that's still pretty high but not zomgwtf high. Of course, that's assuming that those are the sticks they're using.

Is there any benefit to those Sanwa parts? I'm assuming they can take a beating, but if industrial strength durability is their only advantage over something comparable to DC and Saturn sticks, it seems like overkill (and a waste of money).
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:I honestly think they should go the Mad Catz route...have a "standard" controller for like $150-200 and the "deluxe premium" edition that includes a Temjin bust for $300. :lol:

Well, that didn't stop Mad Catz from making the best mass produced arcade fighting game joystick ever, now did it? :|

Just as Capcom USA went through Mad Catz, so could Sega USA if they were so inclined. 8-)
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Knoxximus wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:

Well, that didn't stop Mad Catz from making the best mass produced arcade fighting game joystick ever, now did it? :|

Just as Capcom USA went through Mad Catz, so could Sega USA if they were so inclined. 8-)
Point, assuming this gets released in the USA. As much as i'd love to see it happen, and at a much lower price point if passable, the odds of it happening are...well, bleak.

Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Knoxximus wrote:Well, that didn't stop Mad Catz from making the best mass produced arcade fighting game joystick ever, now did it? :|
I wouldn't say it's the best, but second best. The crown goes to the VSHG. :D
josher_09

Post by josher_09 »

N/A
Last edited by josher_09 on 10 Sep 2021, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Now that we are full blown off topic... :lol: ....Dreamcazman, this list would like to have a word with you. ;)

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-st ... k-ranking/