Official Xbox 360 Twin Sticks ¥30,000 in November from Hori

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Purple-Tamjin

Re: Official Xbox 360 Twin Sticks ¥30,000 in November from Hori

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

I got to say that 300 seems strange since with the Saturn and the Dreamcast they cost 150.

What I hope and I know it's kind of a bad thing to hope. They don't make their quota and then lower the price on the device.
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Knoxximus wrote:Now that we are full blown off topic... :lol: ....Dreamcazman, this list would like to have a word with you. ;)

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-st ... k-ranking/
Haha, trust you to find that! :lol: Don't know how accurate it is though.

I was just having a bit of fun and going by my friends and my personal tastes. During the last gaming session we had, we felt the VSHG was slightly better, even though they both had the same parts, 6 buttons instead of 8 works in your favour sometimes, plus it's made by Sega. :ugeek: I also hate having the Start button over the front edge. I know it's good in case you accidentally hit them, but it gets a bit annoying after a while as you have to keep moving your hand to hit it, especially when you want to skip intro movies, etc.

AFAIK, there weren't that many VSHG's built (compared to the HRAP and TE sticks), so numbers available could affect that score.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Purple-Tamjin wrote:I got to say that 300 seems strange since with the Saturn and the Dreamcast they cost 150.
Actually the MSRP was closer to US $60.
MentholMoose
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

MentholMoose wrote:
Purple-Tamjin wrote:I got to say that 300 seems strange since with the Saturn and the Dreamcast they cost 150.
Really? I remember my VOOM manual saying they were 150, but again it's been a wile.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Purple-Tamjin wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
Really? I remember my VOOM manual saying they were 150, but again it's been a wile.
Actually there were slightly cheaper than $60... from my previous post:
MentholMoose wrote:For the sake of comparison, the Sega Saturn Twin Sticks, model HSS-0154, were ¥5,800 in 1996:
http://sega.jp/archive/segahard/ss/twin.html

The DC Twin Sticks, model HKT-7500, were ¥5,800 in 1999:
http://sega.jp/dc/hard/co_twin/
MentholMoose
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

Apparently there's been an update to the Sega column regarding the twinsticks. Can someone who speaks Japanese translate for us?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

Apparently it says something about February... sounds kinda far away. Might just be a google translatation issue though.
GT: GraeFocs
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Prehaps a cheaper variant of the twinstick is comming out later? (the pervious article mentions something about "cheaper, faster" or something) It's mostly wishfull thinking on my part, but it's really hard to tell what they mean...

I guess we should just wait a few days and find out?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The new column update has nothing new about Twin Sticks. Mainly they are thanking people for sending feedback, and asking that people wait for additional info. Regarding the "cheaper and faster" part, they meant that they know (e.g. from feedback) that fans want Twin Sticks sooner than November, and cheaper than ¥30,000.
MentholMoose
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

Hopefully they can bring it down to at least ¥10,000 if not cheaper. I'm to classic cheap gamer.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Seriously...they need to make the "function over fashion" model for the cheapies, and the "Ultra Premium Deluxe" model for the ballers.

Bottom line: They NEED to release an "entry level" stick.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

Knoxximus wrote:Seriously...they need to make the "function over fashion" model for the cheapies, and the "Ultra Premium Deluxe" model for the ballers.

Bottom line: They NEED to release an "entry level" stick.
Hahaha, that sounds a lot like "Pimp my twin sticks!"
memecomplex

Post by memecomplex »

First pic is out... and it's a little disappointing for the price. Standard HRAP base... Yahoo jp customs look so much better :( Oh well, still a prototype!

http://www.horistore.com/shop/item_detail.php?id=800
anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
memecomplex

Post by memecomplex »

So apparently this is a preorder to gauge interest. If there aren't enough orders by 2nd July Hori will not go through with it.
CRAZYDAZED

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

If only they'd allow preorders overseas. I'd preorder that. I wonder about their microswitches, I hope they are not using outdated levered microswitches.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Now that these are coming out, it will be interesting to see if a new wave of Japanese players appears in November. I've heard that a lot of hardcore players weren't playing since Twin Sticks weren't available, and were waiting to see if Twin Sticks would be released (and apparently they didn't go with modded Twin Sticks). On the other hand, it does seem that there are a lot of hardcore players already. :lol:

Maybe this whole Twin Sticks saga is a ploy to keep the game alive for a longer time!
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

NCS is accepting preorders for the Hori Twin Sticks!!! The price is $398 before shipping, which sounds about right considering they are getting them from the Hori Japanese online store, and not a distributor. Any takers??

Preorder now!
http://www.shopncsx.com/realarcadetwinstickex.aspx
NCS wrote:NCS Preorder Synopsis
©NCSX» The Xbox 360 version of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram was unveiled for the Xbox Live Arcade earlier this year (April 29) and 'twas a beauty of a release. The revision is ver5.66 which is the final coin-op version of VOOT which features three additional Virtuaroids such as the Stein-Vok and the Apharmd C. We don't mind playing the game with a joypad since it works well but we prefer the twin stick for the tactile feel of operating a Virtuaroid the way it was meant to be manipulated. NCS won't be hacking open our official Saturn or DC Twin Sticks anytime soon to mod them for Xbox 360 compatibility but our wishes for an official Twin Stick solution have been answered, courtesy of Hori. We got dibs on three units.
Preorders for the Hori Twinstick EX are welcome to ship on or around mid October 2009 at JPY30000 or US$398.90 from NCS. The controller features two Sanwa JLJ-PL2-8V sticks which are bolted onto a standard Real Arcade Pro case. Sadly, we'll have to pay retail price for the controllers along with tax and costly air express carriage charges from Japan to the United States. Please note the production of the Twinstick is contingent on Hori receiving enough reservations to justify the manufacturing run.
MentholMoose
SaiST

Post by SaiST »

MentholMoose wrote:Any takers??
... I bit. :(

Four hundred dollars... *sobs*
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

SaiST wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:Any takers??
... I bit. :(

Four hundred dollars... *sobs*
Don't worry, I won't judge you. Maybe it's because I've been stuck here in Europe so long with my DC twinsticks waiting back in Canada. I'm living vicariously through the posts of the pilots on this board and may the VOOT gods have mercy on my soul, I'm gonna taking the plunge. The collector in me is answering that ugly, ugly siren's call.

Although I probably won't go the NCSX route, here's to hoping my Japanese buddy comes through for me :D
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Maaaaan....I just can't pull the trigger on this. $400? I'm probably gonna regret this... :cry:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!