I feel like I've hit a wall in Virtual On

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
DeltastrikeX

I feel like I've hit a wall in Virtual On

Post by DeltastrikeX »

I don't know what it is, i feel like I lose every online match I play over something so stupid. Like I have complete control of a match till the last 10 seconds when my opponent hits me with his/her biggest attack and that takes my health .01 less then theirs and I lose via time out.

It happens so often. I play Bal-bados and I just don't see how to beat certain people with him. I have a really bad habit of trying to play at close range with bal.

Is there somewhere that has a guide to all of bal's tricks used by a pro? I've watched pro matches and to me, they look like they are being played in fast forward. does anybody else feel like this or is it just me?
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
feixaq

Re: I feel like I've hit a wall in Virtual On

Post by feixaq »

I dunno, I keep getting crushed by you :lol:
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

heh. I suck and I keep getting crushed by delta as well. Every time I think I'm starting to do well against him, I get smacked with his 1-2 cc combo. Yeah... I don't block and fall for it every time. Then I get up and he does it over and over and over again. My fault for not learning, but it's so damn fast!

Delta, we gotta get on player match again so I can be your practice dummy. That way I can finally learn to block or counter.
GT: GraeFocs
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Yeah I get the same feeling sometimes when losing on ranked. I only use Cypher. Say, yesterday I just couldnt figure out how to stop a few temjin players from catching my landing... even if i hit them with a dagger from the air and they get stunned they have enough time to start a new dash for my landing every time. In such matches I also usually perfect one round but then get owned on the others :roll: Also, I've had a few problems with fei-yen players... they're ridiculously hard to hit from the air, even if I FWD dash pretty much right above them moving in the same direction and throw daggers(which is pretty much a guaranteed hit for every other VR) they move fast enough to always dodge everything, even if I diagonally FWD dash predicting their trajectory and shooting RW.
I've seen many good Bal players online on ranked recently and been able to beat quite a few of them(thanks for the training, delta and neoken) I usually need to figure out a counter strategy for their attack pattern to get those strong hits on them which is especially easy if they repeat some chain of actions constantly.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

DeltastrikeX wrote:I have a really bad habit of trying to play at close range with bal.
I think you engage in CC more than any other Bal player I've come across. Maybe AphB is really your guy. :)

I wouldn't have a clue about how to use Bal effectively, but isn't he designed to be used mostly at long range?
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

feixaq wrote:I dunno, I keep getting crushed by you :lol:
Lol you are pretty good tho, you keep me on my toes. It was fun playing you at my friend's place under his GT
graefocs wrote:heh. I suck and I keep getting crushed by delta as well. Every time I think I'm starting to do well against him, I get smacked with his 1-2 cc combo. Yeah... I don't block and fall for it every time. Then I get up and he does it over and over and over again. My fault for not learning, but it's so damn fast!

Delta, we gotta get on player match again so I can be your practice dummy. That way I can finally learn to block or counter.
Close range is my last resort lol, I like to end matches quickly, i hate when they drag on lol. And yeah i'll totality play with you again.
zaarock wrote:Yeah I get the same feeling sometimes when losing on ranked. I only use Cypher. Say, yesterday I just couldnt figure out how to stop a few temjin players from catching my landing... even if i hit them with a dagger from the air and they get stunned they have enough time to start a new dash for my landing every time. In such matches I also usually perfect one round but then get owned on the others :roll: Also, I've had a few problems with fei-yen players... they're ridiculously hard to hit from the air, even if I FWD dash pretty much right above them moving in the same direction and throw daggers(which is pretty much a guaranteed hit for every other VR) they move fast enough to always dodge everything, even if I diagonally FWD dash predicting their trajectory and shooting RW.
I've seen many good Bal players online on ranked recently and been able to beat quite a few of them(thanks for the training, delta and neoken) I usually need to figure out a counter strategy for their attack pattern to get those strong hits on them which is especially easy if they repeat some chain of actions constantly.
No problem for the training help. Cyphers are a pain for me lol.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

I'd like to help if I can. Never fought you but yeah.
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

DeepInTheHops wrote:
DeltastrikeX wrote:I have a really bad habit of trying to play at close range with bal.
I think you engage in CC more than any other Bal player I've come across. Maybe AphB is really your guy. :)

I wouldn't have a clue about how to use Bal effectively, but isn't he designed to be used mostly at long range?
I tried AphB...his melee is garbage based on what i've tried.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

DeltastrikeX wrote:It was fun playing you at my friend's place under his GT
So that Bal player from PA I played against today that played exactly like you was... you? I should have guessed. :)

I think I need to learn other CC strategies than "run away as fast as possible" :oops:
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

DeepInTheHops wrote:
So that Bal player from PA I played against today that played exactly like you was... you? I should have guessed. :)

I think I need to learn other CC strategies than "run away as fast as possible" :oops:
if the gamer tag was trance addix then yes it was me lol. If you see trance addix playing bal-bados chances are about 95% its me lol.

But i'm home now. I don't get to that guys house often. I just reached brigader general.

thats the rank I wanted to be at.

I saw some other bal player do something I never saw before. He let out his RW + LW (when you hold them together) EMTs and along with the usual beams he somehow shot the rings out of them too...I need to find out how he did that...
MurderDeathKill

Post by MurderDeathKill »

DeltastrikeX wrote:
DeepInTheHops wrote:

if the gamer tag was trance addix then yes it was me lol. If you see trance addix playing bal-bados chances are about 95% its me lol.

But i'm home now. I don't get to that guys house often. I just reached brigader general.

I saw some other bal player do something I never saw before. He let out his RW + LW (when you hold them together) EMTs and along with the usual beams he somehow shot the rings out of them too...I need to find out how he did that...
Jump RTRW.
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

MurderDeathKill wrote:
DeltastrikeX wrote:
DeepInTheHops wrote:

Jump RTRW.
So doing that while the EMTs are blasting will make rings come out as well?
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Bal's CC Tsubame Gaeshi is strong. It doesnt knockdown light VRs so it instant kills VRs like Specineff and Cypher.

jump RTRW can come out during the right hand CW which u can half cancel.
MurderDeathKill

Post by MurderDeathKill »

DeltastrikeX wrote:
MurderDeathKill wrote:
DeltastrikeX wrote:
DeepInTheHops wrote:

Jump RTRW.
So doing that while the EMTs are blasting will make rings come out as well?
Yep!
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

i hate CC, being a Raiden player, i just like to pick people off half stage+ away.
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

I love CC since I'm Fei-Yen and Angelan.. I wounder with Angelan if you can RTCW->RW like you can with Raiden and all them
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

DeltastrikeX wrote:I don't know what it is, i feel like I lose every online match I play over something so stupid. Like I have complete control of a match till the last 10 seconds when my opponent hits me with his/her biggest attack and that takes my health .01 less then theirs and I lose via time out.

It happens so often. I play Bal-bados and I just don't see how to beat certain people with him. I have a really bad habit of trying to play at close range with bal.
lol. that sounds like me

I also play Bal and Temjin. We can have a Bal mirror match. I only play Bal mirror matches a few times on rank. I love going for CC as long as it isn't against aphB. You have to watchout for aphB's CC since by the time you start yours, his CC has been already activated and will beat yours. Bal's LW and CW isn't strong enough to stop a aphB from CC-ing through.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

DeltastrikeX wrote:
DeepInTheHops wrote:

I tried AphB...his melee is garbage based on what i've tried.
Doth my eyes deceive me?! Wow! Umm...I don't know what to type. Either way...i'm no Bal player, so i've no idea how to really utilize him most effectively[i'm a Cypher guy :D] so I guess I can't be of much help. Mostly...just keep those ERL out there man. Looooooong range is Bal's specialty for sure.
"Nuh uh uh"
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

Is there maybe a bal-bados tutorial video out there that can show me advanced techniques Bal has?

AnikingVOOT has been teaching me some stuff but sometimes I can't understand him (no offence buddy =D )

He showed me its possible to do Bal's reflect lasers 3 times before they return back to him. I was amazed.
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

DeltastrikeX wrote:Is there maybe a bal-bados tutorial video out there that can show me advanced techniques Bal has?

AnikingVOOT has been teaching me some stuff but sometimes I can't understand him (no offence buddy =D )

He showed me its possible to do Bal's reflect lasers 3 times before they return back to him. I was amazed.
Why dont you save the replays we played... or we may have time to save some.
If you see my play from my side, it should be easy to understand.
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.