Machine Select - Which VR do you play?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Machine Select - Which VR do you play?

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

MentholMoose wrote: Can you connect your DC to the Internet, using a modem or BBA? In that case you can email the save to someone to take a look. You could also use one of the VMUs with a PC connection, if you have one or can buy one.
I have a modem, and a phone line, but i no longer have a 56k service provider local to my area.

I was thinking more along the lines of recording the video output from the dreamcast...put it on youtube or something...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

NGEFreek wrote:Kagekiyo is unlockable in VOOT 5.66 for 360, haven't you heard? He's the true endboss. Its like the dramatic battle with Ryu/Ken v Bison, just now its your VR vs Kagekiyo/Guarayaka. Good times to be had for sure. Also, RAPE.
Hahahah! Whatever man! Don't lie to me! *rTRW* Kamehameha!! :P
"Nuh uh uh"
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

Its true, I have someone who tested Ikaruga for XBLA who is testing VOOT. He says its amazing in high def and to be hush hush about that included extra. Oops, me and my big mouth :)
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

NGEFreek wrote:Its true, I have someone who tested Ikaruga for XBLA who is testing VOOT. He says its amazing in high def and to be hush hush about that included extra. Oops, me and my big mouth :)
Don't get me excited!

*rtCW* Spirit Bomb!! LOL
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Its unlikely they'll add anything else aside from what ver 5.66 is. Tho if there are new machines aside from the "three" from 5.66, then this VOOT cannot be called 5.66.

Give me Guarayaka which transforms into Jaguarandi. :)
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Davo87 wrote:Its unlikely they'll add anything else aside from what ver 5.66 is. Tho if there are new machines aside from the "three" from 5.66, then this VOOT cannot be called 5.66.

Oh lord! If they add a new Vr...i'm so getting a 360 or forcing a friend to get this and then let me borrow his 360 for like 5 years. LOL
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote:
Davo87 wrote:Its unlikely they'll add anything else aside from what ver 5.66 is. Tho if there are new machines aside from the "three" from 5.66, then this VOOT cannot be called 5.66.

Oh lord! If they add a new Vr...i'm so getting a 360 or forcing a friend to get this and then let me borrow his 360 for like 5 years. LOL
Cheaper than what i did...and i still need some form of memory before i can even change the settings, much less hope to aquire vo.

Hmm...

*starts scouring the internet for alternitives...*

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hahha Good luck man!

Update...I have found that the place that Turbovec linked to in some other thread...has 5 DC link cables. Woo hoo! Not really on topic...but big, big news for me. :)
"Nuh uh uh"
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

I'm big on Dordray, but I've been playing Specineff a bunch recently.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Turbovec

Post by Turbovec »

VR-Eli wrote:I'm big on Dordray, but I've been playing Specineff a bunch recently.
I know j00! :o
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

RVR - 42 wrote:

if the 360 lasts that long :P
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

if mine frags, there's an arcade operator local to me who can fix it for $40. All things considered thats not bad ^^

VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Turbovec wrote:
VR-Eli wrote:I'm big on Dordray, but I've been playing Specineff a bunch recently.
:D yay!

Man, I remember back when VO:OT was first coming out, and people were complaining about how cheesy Specineff and Angelan looked. Not to mention people hating Angelan cause they couldn't dodge her Ice Dragons. I hope to see some people playing as these two though now. My close circle of friends kept to Apharmds, Raidens, and Cyphers. So it'll be nice to find some people who are good with those two.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

VR-Eli wrote:
Turbovec wrote:
:D yay!

Man, I remember back when VO:OT was first coming out, and people were complaining about how cheesy Specineff and Angelan looked. Not to mention people hating Angelan cause they couldn't dodge her Ice Dragons. I hope to see some people playing as these two though now. My close circle of friends kept to Apharmds, Raidens, and Cyphers. So it'll be nice to find some people who are good with those two.
Me, too. During the height of the Socal scene, most VRs were pretty well represented, but the number of players was still limited. For a while there was an incredible Raiden player, but after he moved, I didn't have enough experience against Raiden, so I later had trouble with Scott Robinson's Raiden. I hope there will be a lot of competition online, using every VR and varying styles.
MentholMoose
Henshin01

Post by Henshin01 »

I'm an Angelan mainer.
I like using her for her manuverability, Speed and Moveset. Once I started using her I never used anyone else :D

Looks like i'm the only angelan mainer here lol :P
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Henshin01 wrote:I'm an Angelan mainer.
I like using her for her manuverability, Speed and Moveset. Once I started using her I never used anyone else :D

Looks like i'm the only angelan mainer here lol :P
Sounds good! Welcome to the forum.
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

*shuns the Angelan mainer* Hahah, just kidding dude. "Henshin a go go baby!" Angelan was the one that gave me some of the most trouble as I was training with Cypher. Her crazy armor and damn dragons that I couldn't out manuever at the time killed me effortlessly. Now....she's small stuff. No biggie. So nice to see a new VR mainer, though...variety is nature's fruit salad. Or something...XD!
"Nuh uh uh"
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

angelan still gives me problems :P her spamming the dragon attack gets anoying, especially because of the water traps on her stage.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Yea those water traps really hurt Cypher. I'm so used to going full speed with him...then hit a water trap...and im like barely moving. Total shock to my gameplay. Haha
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Need to airdash over water traps more. That being said for Cypher's good airdash he should do Super low altitude airdash more. Angelan on the other hand is not vulnerable to the effects of water.