A possible way to increase the VO Community

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Van0079

A possible way to increase the VO Community

Post by Van0079 »

Now I'm not sure if you guys care or not, but right now there's a site in development called Mechaverse that's aiming to bring more light to all kinds of mecha series. The biggest issue would be that it's an offshoot of an Armored Core site, so while they have that series rather thoroughly covered, they're lacking in many other areas. The staff has expressed interest in seeing some stuff for Virtual-On, and if there's enough demand they'll probably add a section on the site for VO specifically. The AC site it's coming from has around 4,000 members, many of which are coming to the site sooner or later. Now, I'm one of the few guys there who really know anything about VO, but I can't really do much without XBL or my mediocre experience with the series. I'm hoping that you folks might try to head on over there and show them what VO is like, so that hopefully we'll get a bost in players. They have several Armored Core: 4 Answer tournaments set up, so they might like VOOT's fast-paced gameplay. Here's a link to the site.

http://mechaverse.co/

The site's in a beta-testing state, so invites are needed to get in. I'll look into asking the admins there on getting invites for anyone interested in promoting our small community. If we're lucky, we might get quiet a few permanent players. I think getting some gameplay footage from the previous VO tournaments might help, and they might be willing to put it up on one of their video streamers if they get the actual files. Here's hoping this ends up helping us out.

Edit: If you go to their Facebook page and sign up before Sunday's end, you should be able to get in.

http://www.facebook.com/MechaVerse

Edit 2: Members can now give out personal invites, so that's out of the way. Although given the wonderful interest in this thread, I guess I'll do it myself. Can I at least have permission to use the materials you guys made, so long as I give you credit?

Oh, who am I kidding, no-one's going to respond.