Slightly More VO Web Coverage

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Slightly More VO Web Coverage

Post by MasterFygar »

First--sorry for my absence online. I've been lurking on the forums but my XBL life has been non-existent... when I tried to log onto VOOT back after making the 'I'm Back' topic, my account was drained of points and my credit card had been taken in a huge attack on XBL where accounts were hacked for FIFA merch using other people's credit cards... I contacted Microsoft and they said they would 'investigate it', banning my account for my own safety or something for two months. Well here we are four months or so later and I still can't log in even though the xBox site says I can :roll: I'm working on it with customer service but so far it's been a nightmare and I really don't know when I'll get it all up and running.

But, anyway! My OMG machine has been getting a TON of play at the past few arcade parties I've held, being played basically constantly. I've been training a few of my more dedicated friends in the game and one of my friends is now having me help him find the best deal on an xbox 360 JUST so he can get VOOT. So that's been good news and I've felt slightly less alone in my IRL love of VO :lol: There was a topic on KLOV (an arcade forum I go too) by the guy who runs a popular MAME blog saying they would start having guest segments, so I got to talking with the guy and wrote up a quick guide for OMG that is now live: http://mamezach.blogspot.com/2011/12/gu ... cyber.html . I know VOOT is the main focus here but it won't run at all in MAME and I thought it was cool to be able to give the series a little more coverage regardless.

(Also, I'm working with the owner of a small art reproduction company to make reproduction artwork for OMG machines. I'll make a topic when the process is further along but in the meantime if anyone has any NOS decals for the cabinet they wouldn't mind letting me borrow for scanning or scanning themselves let me know.)
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Slightly More VO Web Coverage

Post by MentholMoose »

Cool, thanks for sharing the link. It's awesome that your OMG cab is seeing use!
MentholMoose
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Thanks MM! :D here are some pics I finally got around to uploading. It did my heart good to see so much love for VO. At least three people left saying VO was their favorite game series.

(I'm the psycho in a top hat)
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Looks like some good times were had! VOOT on Xbox Live is awesome but I do miss the days of meeting up at the arcade to play.
MentholMoose