VO Mentioned in (Kind of?) Mainstream Magazine

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

VO Mentioned in (Kind of?) Mainstream Magazine

Post by MasterFygar »

So I was in Kroger the other day flipping through every vaguely nerdy magazine because I'm too cheap to actually buy any, and in Otaku USA this month the opening section has a huge picture of Temjin (I believe it was the Temjin statue) as the accompanying picture. Unfortunately, it's not about any rumors of a VO anime or anything... they were just mentioning being near SEGA hq and then listed a whole bunch of SEGA series, Virtual-On among them (sadly, they never even identified which series mentioned the picture was from, so most readers probably won't even get it). Still, pretty cool to have it kind of referenced in 2012 by something fairly mainstream in this country. I'll snap a picture next time I'm by if I have my phone with me.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: VO Mentioned in (Kind of?) Mainstream Magazine

Post by MentholMoose »

Thanks for the heads up! Do you recall the title of the article? That magazine has a web site, Otaku USA Magazine, so maybe the article is available online (I searched a bit but didn't find it).
MentholMoose
S-Advent
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Sonic Advent

Post by S-Advent »

MentholMoose wrote:Thanks for the heads up! Do you recall the title of the article? That magazine has a web site, Otaku USA Magazine, so maybe the article is available online (I searched a bit but didn't find it).
Bets are that it's the February release, Menthol. They wouldn't show it on the cover, but instead, it's probably shown inside the magazine.
I'm now VO:F ready, bring it on!
VR: All of them.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

It's not actually an article, unfortunately, it's in the "letter from the editor" type section in the front... the gist of it was basically "Hey, thanks for buying the issue! We're in Japan right now, crazy, right? SEGA is in Japan too! They made a bunch of games. Virtual On was one of them. (Temjin Picture) Buy this magazine!" :lol: If I can sneak into Kroger this weekend I'll snap a picture of it. The past couple of times I've tried there have been other people on the aisle who might not appreciate me photographing a page of a magazine I'm not going to buy, heheh.

EDIT: It is listed on the online TOC actually, as "Editorial: Nonstop in Tokyo." Not sure if that helps or not.
ImageImage