Online Mecha Magazine Wishing to Write Article on Virtual-On

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Van0079

Online Mecha Magazine Wishing to Write Article on Virtual-On

Post by Van0079 »

Hello. I come to you today with a message of help, as well as a bit of hope for the franchise's popularity. A recent online magazine that plans on focusing on all things mecha has shown an interest in writing something for Virtual-On. The magazine in particular is the Mechaverse magazine, and I've been going to their site for the past several months (which has been stuck in this strange, eternal beta state, so a referral is needed to access the forums). The reason I'm here is because they want me to give as much info on the series as I possibly can, and while I know a good amount, I'm certainly not a fountain of knowledge for the series. I've come to all of you, because what better place to ask about VO than one of the few english forums dedicated to it?

The magazine actually isn't some little obscure thing, and while it's small, the staff spread links all over the place getting it a good number of readers just on the first issue. To view the magazine, you can download it from this link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y5pqnc5yql66531

I imagine that some of you may want to see what the site's like, so I'll post a referral link to the forums. Please tell me if there's an issue with the link, and I'll look into it.

http://mechaverse.co/forums/index.php?a ... ls&reff=74

At the moment, they plan to maybe send out the next issue sometime in May, and I'll be contacted for specific details sometime later this month or early in April. At the moment I've been requested to get at least the following:

-A brief overview/history of the series. (How did it start? How popular is it?)
-All the games in the series, and tidbits on them (this is where you talk a bit about each game and what makes each really shine or suck.)
-Some explanation of the "mechs" in the game and what's unique about them.

I imagine later on he'll want information a bit more detailed, like story bits and other things, so I think compiling together everything we know might be helpful as well. If we all work together on this, we might be able to really increase interest in the series, and of course I'll make sure all of you guys are given credit for your efforts.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Re: Online Mecha Magazine Wishing to Write Article on Virtua

Post by neo helbeast »

It might be best to go ask some Japanese players these questions because they'd probably know more than we ever could.
Van0079

Post by Van0079 »

Yes, but we do know a fair amount more than others who speak English, so we're probably the best bet for these guys.

Unless you know someone who's willing to speak to the japs and translate their responses for us, the best we can do is compile what we do know.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Virtual-On on mechaverse doesn't even have its own section. It's stuffed with "Other Mech Series."
Until this is changed, the website is not worth visiting for VO fans.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Van0079

Post by Van0079 »

The staff of the site, who are expressing an interest in the series and plan on writing a magazine article to spread interest for the series, should totally be brushed off because their site has no VO section and we shouldn't help them because they're not worth our time.

Real sound logic.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

If you have more details about what you need I'd be glad to help. I'm pretty much the expert on the first game and everything pertaining to it for what that's worth.
ImageImage