Virtual-On OMG and Sticks for PS3 and 360

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Virtual-On OMG and Sticks for PS3 and 360

Post by MentholMoose »

Porcupine wrote:What are the differences?
There was a video posted at some point that demonstrated that in the XBLA version, certain projectiles canceled each other out differently than in the arcade. The specific example I remember was Angelan RW cancels Bal-series mines differently (basically the behavior was reversed).
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Here are the videos I was thinking about.

MentholMoose
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Porcupine wrote:What are the differences?

Well, I can think of one that is pretty obvious, though I'm guessing it isn't the same things the Japanese players are complaining of. Since the game is widescreen, you can see much more to the sides now. However this issue has been around since Dreamcast VOOT because it also had the option to choose a widescreen split-screen mode.
A Japanese player told me that Cyper and Dordray is a bit worse in XBLA. Cypher's LW has a bigger hitbox in the arcade. I think Bal got better since his RW can cancel certain attacks (I am not 100%). It isn't really feasible to make it 100% exact like arcade since the hardware are very different from what it is ported to. I'm content with it being as close as possible to the arcade version.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Looks like OMG and Virtua Striker come out on 2/13 ; https://twitter.com/sega_amcvt (after announcement live stream)
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Oops I forgot to tune into the stream. Oh well, at least now we know the release date!
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Guess I've got two weeks to get readjusted to VOOT (from Force and/or inactivity) before I have to switch to VOOM mode. I think playing all the VO games helps a lot for each other, but I don't like playing them simultaneously because it gives me bad habits and execution timing problems.

I need a hyperbaric time chamber so that I can train for a year inside but only one day passes in the outside world.
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

I can't wait to VOOM again. Viper II is better looking than Cypher, and Dorkis/Belgdor >>> Dordray/Vok. I might take Belg as my number 2 over Raiden. I don't know if I should get it for PS3 or 360 though. I'm assuming more people will be on Xbox, or at least more people from here.
Vash

Post by Vash »

I cant wate to play voom i have played it once along time ago so i will save some ms points for it
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Sorry to say it, but Belgdor and Fei-Yen are not competitively viable in VOOM. They pretty much stand no chance against any experienced opponent, it's way more unbalanced the the worst possible imbalance in VOOT or Force, for example the 10/80 series etc.

When the game releases, more than likely there will be new players and people who forgot how to play (such as myself) who you might be able to win matches against using Belgdor or Fei-Yen, but it probably won't last.