MIA

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
graefocs

MIA

Post by graefocs »

the avatar... true story

i miss my voot. my xbox is less than a year old too.

i'll be gone for a little while. try not to miss me too much!
GT: GraeFocs
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Re: MIA

Post by shamanic_beat »

Damn that sucks. Hope you get it back soon.
Nusakan

Post by Nusakan »

I'm not exactly happy with the 360 in terms of hardware tbh. My 360 elite system i bought on sept of 08 died in 6 months and this was less than maybe 200 hours of total pla. My headset which I only used once died, the two charge and play battery packs died. I wasn't very happy when i examined all my hardware to see that it was made in !@#$%...

Sorry to hear that man, just lettin ya know you're not the only one. One good news, for me when it happened anyways, was that they completely gave me a new motherboard for the 360 instead of "repairing" it. I found out cause my router is mac address filtered and it took me like 15-30 mins to figure out why my 360 couldn't connect to it.
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

I think they also sometimes give you someone else's motherboard refurbished... either way, I'll be pretty happy when I get it back.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

the other good thing is that Microsoft started using better motherboards, higher quality. before they were cheaply made and thus the coolant wasn't very effective.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

That sucks. I was worrying about that too when I was got my 360 last Christmas. Fortunately I did some research on it before I bought it. I got a Falcon model chipset which is stable. Be wary of Elite models since they do not sell as fast thus have older chipset.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

Is there anyway to check whether the motherboard i get back (if they replace it) is falcon or not?
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Whoa you got yours back already? That was quick.
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

graefocs wrote:Is there anyway to check whether the motherboard i get back (if they replace it) is falcon or not?
one way to check motherboard version is by looking at the power connection socket at the back of the console
There's a diagram you can use that's halfway down the page on this link:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668047
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

Thanks. I looked it up and there is a lot of info out there on how to identify Zephyr vs Falcon vs Jasper.
Nusakan

Post by Nusakan »

Man you got yours back quick. Mine was away for a month but then, I had a two part issue where the one was the red ring as well as the video RAM was dying.
graefocs

Post by graefocs »

I'm back!
Sorry I didn't hop in on any games last night. I got drawn into the COD5 rank grind.

Yeah this was pretty quick. The system was only in their facilities for less than 24 hours. It was the UPS trip there and back that took the most time. I sent it on a Thursday and it was back to me by the next next Tuesday.

They replaced my serial number sticker with a new one and it says it's a Falcon.
/cheer
I'm not sure if I had a Falcon to begin with tho... I never checked. But in any event, hopefully I don't get as unlucky as the first time. I'm guessing that my first was a Zephyr because it died so quickly (9 months!).