OMG's Achievement list is out

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

OMG's Achievement list is out

Post by neo helbeast »

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

A little disappointing on the ease of them but, hopefully we'll get a new breath of life in these forums because of it.
Kita

Re: OMG's Achievement list is out

Post by Kita »

It's not like OT had particularly challenging achievements. I think the only one that required some actual effort was getting Ajim to show up.
My Heartbeam burns for justice!

SRV-14-A Fei-Yen
RVR-14 Fei-Yen the Knight
TF-14C Fei-Yen PanicHeart
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Some of them are too easy... even easier than VOOT. One play-through and you are almost done. There's an achievement for simply selecting a VR, and separate achievements for clearing each arcade mode stage. I guess they are meant for the super-noob.
MentholMoose
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Yeah, force had super easy ones too. Not that achievement points make any sense compared to difficulty anyway. notice how they changed XBLA games gamerscore to 400, does that mean recent releases are harder than older ones? no, it's just to make their value increase in the eyes of people who like big arbitrary numbers in their profile.

But yeah, will be getting VOOM ofc. Hopefully the netcode is good, there is a chance they'll mess it up if other people are taking care of the port this time anyway :?
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Kita

Post by Kita »

Zaarock wrote:Yeah, force had super easy ones too. Not that achievement points make any sense compared to difficulty anyway. notice how they changed XBLA games gamerscore to 400, does that mean recent releases are harder than older ones? no, it's just to make their value increase in the eyes of people who like big arbitrary numbers in their profile.

But yeah, will be getting VOOM ofc. Hopefully the netcode is good, there is a chance they'll mess it up if other people are taking care of the port this time anyway :?

It's the same team that ported Oratan, Force, Daytona USA, and the other Model 2 games.

SRV-14-A Fei-Yen
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Force had relatively easy achievements but the in-game trophies take some time. I'm only at 50 hours myself since I do not save and count the hours that I play online.

I like easy achievements. At the very least they are better than glitched achievements that are impossible to get.

When does VOOM come out?

Hrm, the last achievement "ARCADEでエンディングのスタッフロール中、左スティックを上下左右に合計100回以上入力" seems like it might take a little bit of effort.
Kita

Post by Kita »

Porcupine wrote:Force had relatively easy achievements but the in-game trophies take some time. I'm only at 50 hours myself since I do not save and count the hours that I play online.

I like easy achievements. At the very least they are better than glitched achievements that are impossible to get.

When does VOOM come out?

Hrm, the last achievement "ARCADEでエンディングのスタッフロール中、左スティックを上下左右に合計100回以上入力" seems like it might take a little bit of effort.
I actually didn't know this until I was stumbling about Japanese websites trying to find a properly-ripped copy of OMG PC, but if you make 100 control inputs at the credits screen, instead of drifting off into space, destroyed, your Virtuaroid will be rescued by a yellow, Y-shaped spaceship. That's what the achievement is for. I also discovered some neat tidbits about OMG PC but I'll save those for another thread.
Also, according to the Sega AM Port Team's Twitter, there was an event scheduled for the 29th, where both Virtua Striker and Virtual-On would be available to play in a tournament. However, they've since seemingly retracted that statement, saying that they jumped the gun on announcing it. Mind you, I'm reading through the veil of Google Translate here, but that appears to be what's happened. Based on this, we will probably see Operation Moongate by the end of next month at the latest.

SRV-14-A Fei-Yen
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Kita wrote:
Porcupine wrote:Force had relatively easy achievements but the in-game trophies take some time. I'm only at 50 hours myself since I do not save and count the hours that I play online.

When does VOOM come out?

I actually didn't know this until I was stumbling about Japanese websites trying to find a properly-ripped copy of OMG PC, but if you make 100 control inputs at the credits screen, instead of drifting off into space, destroyed, your Virtuaroid will be rescued by a yellow, Y-shaped spaceship. That's what the achievement is for. I also discovered some neat tidbits about OMG PC but I'll save those for another thread.
Also, according to the Sega AM Port Team's Twitter, there was an event scheduled for the 29th, where both Virtua Striker and Virtual-On would be available to play in a tournament. However, they've since seemingly retracted that statement, saying that they jumped the gun on announcing it. Mind you, I'm reading through the veil of Google Translate here, but that appears to be what's happened. Based on this, we will probably see Operation Moongate by the end of next month at the latest.
I have no idea about it being a 100 control input, but the first time I heard about that yellow spaceship was that you're supposed to move the sticks in a clockwise motion when the credit starts, and keep at it until the music ends.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

guarayakha wrote:
Kita wrote:

When does VOOM come out?

I have no idea about it being a 100 control input, but the first time I heard about that yellow spaceship was that you're supposed to move the sticks in a clockwise motion when the credit starts, and keep at it until the music ends.
So basically they are encouraging people to destroy Twin Sticks. :evil:

The achievement should read, "Slam the controls until your virtuaroid is rescued or your sticks are thoroughly ruined."
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Thanks for the translation, I guess it's not as scary as I thought then. I was thinking it might have said to press Up then Down then Left then Right, and do the whole thing 100 times. If you can just roll the sticks and it is 100 total inputs, possibly even counting diagonals separately, then it doesn't seem like a problem.
Kita

Post by Kita »

guarayakha wrote:
Kita wrote:

When does VOOM come out?

That's how the achievement reads. "At the end of Arcade Mode, perform 100 total left, up, down, or right control inputs with the left stick during the Staff Roll."
I presume it means the left stick on a controller, not a Twinstick. It doesn't need to be clockwise, and you can stop whenever you think you've reached 100. It worked in OMG PC with me just jamming on the keys.

In other news, Yasushi Yamashita, Sega's Director of Marketing, announced that the release date of Virtual-On and Virtua Striker would be announced through a NikoNiko webcast on the 29th.
https://twitter.com/Yama_vow/status/294043764257865730

SRV-14-A Fei-Yen
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Kita wrote:
guarayakha wrote:
Kita wrote:

When does VOOM come out?

That's how the achievement reads. "At the end of Arcade Mode, perform 100 total left, up, down, or right control inputs with the left stick during the Staff Roll."
I presume it means the left stick on a controller, not a Twinstick. It doesn't need to be clockwise, and you can stop whenever you think you've reached 100. It worked in OMG PC with me just jamming on the keys.

In other news, Yasushi Yamashita, Sega's Director of Marketing, announced that the release date of Virtual-On and Virtua Striker would be announced through a NikoNiko webcast on the 29th.
https://twitter.com/Yama_vow/status/294043764257865730

Gosh, now i feel stupid doing that all these years, considering that if diagonal counts, you only need to rotate the stick like, 13times (or 25 times for non-diags). I've even done that with a keyboard! lulz :D