[VOOM XBLA] Bad news, everybody...

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

[VOOM XBLA] Bad news, everybody...

Post by The World - 2.0 »

I'm afraid I have bad news regarding Operation Moongate and Virtua Striker for PSN and XBLA. I found out earlier today that Sega does NOT intend to release these two games outside of Japan. :( + :x

Here's where I got the info from: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/30/sega- ... r-outside/
However, there MAY be a possible solution for this, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Also this solution ONLY applies to users of Xbox Live.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Re: Bad news, everybody...

Post by Zaarock »

wtf. Guess people have to buy japanese MSP cards if they really want the port then. Really weird, there are almost no region-locked XBLA games. (I'm guessing the workaround you mean is downloading the japanese demo, then using ingame menus to buy? doesn't work afaik, at least guilty gear threw out an error if the item didn't exist on the user's regions marketplace)

Also, this should probably be moved to general :(
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Why would they release several of the other games to XBLA outside of Japan and not OMG? Maybe they only mean for PSN?
MentholMoose
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

MentholMoose wrote:Why would they release several of the other games to XBLA outside of Japan and not OMG? Maybe they only mean for PSN?
Might be possible, here are the two twitter quotes that article is based on:

VOなど移植チーム ‏@VOForce360
We have no plan to release in the states. RT @NeoTechni Will the PS3 re-release come to the states or will I have to buy an import PSN card?

VOなど移植チーム ‏@VOForce360
"Cyber troopers Virtual-On" and "Virtua Striker" are released to Japan only. We have no plan to re-release them in other area.

The former is a reply to a comment on the PSN version but the latter was posted on it's own as an announcement so unless there was some error or the post is just too vague it should mean both versions.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation