XBLA Cypher Trooper Virtual On available now! [VOOM]

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

XBLA Cypher Trooper Virtual On available now! [VOOM]

Post by neoKEN »

Post your thoughts and impressions here. The demo is available for anyone to download. Just create a Japanese XBL account by creating a Japanese LIVE email account, no need to region swap unless you plan to buy using your non-Japanese account.

Here is the direct link to VOOM on Japanese XBOX Marketplace

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Produ ... 02584113c5

The game is 800 ms points ($10). Same with Virtua Striker. It's cheaper than VOOT, but surprisingly cost more than Virtua Fighter 2, Viper Fighters, and Sonic the Fighters ($5).
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Re: XBLA Cypher Trooper Virtual On available now! [VOOM]

Post by neoKEN »

After playing the demo, here are my impressions:

The demo gives you access to the full game, but you have 60 SECONDS total. Even the the victory pose count towards the timer so skip everything! I was able to go to the 3rd opponent on my 2nd try before the time expired. There is 3 options for viewing. Normal (Small 4:3), Large (Full 4:3), and FULL (16:9 STRETCH).

NO 2 PLAYER SPLITSCREEN. There is online XBL multiplayer and system link. On the bright side, 2 copies of VOOM and 2 360 are both cheaper than a 2 player arcade setup.
Vash

Post by Vash »

Yeah I got the full game trying to get use to it all are welcome to play with me
Bskull
Gamertag: Soul5kull

Post by Bskull »

I thought it was pretty good. The only problem I have is that the achievements were too easy to get.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

I just got it. Thought the graphics would be unbearable after stepping down from VOOT, but I didn't notice it as much once I started playing. The action is still fast which is great. There is noticable "lag" but that's due to VOOM's delayed response. Hopefully we can get more Western players!

Played several games with Japanese players and won my first match then proceed to split the wins. I would play more, but need to sleep.
VMS

Post by VMS »

I'm playing on PSN - created a JP account, then a JP PSN store account, and bought a JP PSN card online to pay for it. You can then download the game, and play it using your USA account normally.

My PSN ID: CapsuleBoy

Having some troubles with the Japanese menus - trying to get a few friends to translate them. Overall I can't believe how good the port is. Thank God the controls are customizable. I'm using a Neo Geo PS3 Pad; no Twin Sticks yet. There are "quick" and "private" match options, but again, I can't get through all the Japanese text.

I also forgot how unforgiving this game's controls are, compared to the Saturn version :lol:
The super fighter invigorated us
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Wouldn't this game let you remap your controls? (I haven't gotten it myself yet, waiting on my region transfer time restriction to finish).

I think that out of all the VO games, the first one is the one where it is most beneficial to remap the controls on a pad, to make repeated CW canceling as easy as possible.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

Porcupine wrote:Wouldn't this game let you remap your controls? (I haven't gotten it myself yet, waiting on my region transfer time restriction to finish).

I think that out of all the VO games, the first one is the one where it is most beneficial to remap the controls on a pad, to make repeated CW canceling as easy as possible.
Yes, the game has remapping options just like VOOT. I think VOOM is doable on a cheap twin stick since the input canceling is not as hectic as VOOT.
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

There is a controls section in the options, but I haven't tried it since it's in JP, so I don't know if it's only presets or custom.

VOOM feels good. Very different from VOOT. The heavies have super high defense and Raiden is actually pretty fast, but his dashes make Speceniff's look eternal.

So far, I've only seen one guy online in Temjin, though I had a Viper II mirror match with Zaarock.
vipermk2

Post by vipermk2 »

I just tried the demo and like it already. Just waiting for my twin sticks to arrive. Yeah you can map the controls but had a hard time with the jap language barrier.
I got some spare MS jap points to buy this game with my j-tag account. Is it safe to buy this method and use my normal xbox account to play and receive the achievement points?
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

JTAG account? I haven't gotten into the modded console thing yet, but I had thought that JTAG referred to a modded console, not an account. And I thought that going online with a modded console gets you banned instantly?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

"j-tag" = Japanese Gamertag I guess.
MentholMoose
vipermk2

Post by vipermk2 »

MentholMoose wrote:"j-tag" = Japanese Gamertag I guess.
correct. Sorry I should have mentioned I was just creating Japanese XBL account to avoid confusion.