See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Virtual On Marz on PSN 3/21

Post by MentholMoose »

Is Sega finally done milking the VO series? Will they get their act together and release a brand new game?

I doubt it. Not while they have plenty of re-releases to do. How about OMG - Saturn Edition, and VOOT Ver.5.2, 5.4, 5.45 / DC Edition? All Japan-only since they don't want our money. By the time they are done with all these, it will be time to start cranking out re-re-releases for PS 4 and Xbox 720. Sadly, if they ever do get around to making a new VO, it will probably be MARZ 2. :roll:
MentholMoose
Huilei
Gamertag: Huilei

Re: Virtual On Marz on PSN 3/21

Post by Huilei »

MentholMoose wrote:Is Sega finally done milking the VO series? Will they get their act together and release a brand new game?

I doubt it. Not while they have plenty of re-releases to do. How about OMG - Saturn Edition, and VOOT Ver.5.2, 5.4, 5.45 / DC Edition? All Japan-only since they don't want our money. By the time they are done with all these, it will be time to start cranking out re-re-releases for PS 4 and Xbox 720. Sadly, if they ever do get around to making a new VO, it will probably be MARZ 2. :roll:
Honestly I don't think a new VO game is going to happen, at least not in the near future... Arcade games are not the premium offer anymore, and I don't know if they are willing to invest in a console game that can only be appreciated by very few people.

And even if they are to make sequels to classic SEGA titles, I'd rather they start with Jet Set Radio or Panzer Dragoon series =)