Virtual On Series 20th Anniversary

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Virtual On Series 20th Anniversary

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

twistedsymphony wrote:

Do you actually run VOOT or Force via emulator?
I can run voot off of demul fairly fine, no graphical hicups although the attract demo with the swirly screen causes some audio slowdown on my computer, it's very brief.

I haven't found a Force rom yet, but that'll be fun to try out.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

twistedsymphony wrote:Do you actually run VOOT or Force via emulator?

I know the "Model 2 Emulator" runs the Arcade version of OMG pretty much perfectly

Supposedly the Model 3 Roms for VOOT have some encrypted graphics which prevents them from being emulated.

Last time I tried 5.66 on Demul it ran but it was pretty choppy, I never bothered trying it on any other NAOMI emulators.

Demul supposedly does Hikaru but I've never seen anyone use it to run Force... There's another Hikaru emulator under development too called "Valkarye" but I don't think that's really playable yet either, nor have I see Force running on it.
I haven't tried Force at all yet. OMG runs flawlessly on the Model2 emulator, but trying to use a dual analog controller as a twinstick is a nightmare.

I haven't tried the Model3 emulator specifically because I heard about the VOOT graphics problems, so I play the Dreamcast version on an emulator.
twistedsymphony wrote:Somewhat On-Topic... I almost wonder if Sega would be more likely to wait until the 25th anniversary to do something. Consider they didn't do anything (to my knowledge) for the 10th but they DID release the Memorial Box for the 15th... something new on the 25th would make more sense than a 20th celebration... or maybe I'm just being optimistic.
Well, we've got a full year to break down in anticipation for the possibility of nothing.

I'm still holding out for PC ports, but I also doubt they'll happen at this point.
ImageImage
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

ChexGuy wrote: I'm still holding out for PC ports, but I also doubt they'll happen at this point.

I feel like fighting games are starting to come back into popularity. There was a while there when it felt like a genre that no one outside of the hard core fighting game community cared about, then with SFIV and the Mortal Kombat Reboot it rekindled interest and now we're starting to see interest from more casual gamers, old franchises like Killer Instinct getting new releases and new franchises popping up.

With the recent Success of Titanfall mechs are coming back into popularity again too... seems like the perfect climate for a NEW VO game... Sega doesn't have a good track record of making good decisions though.