Tangerine Spur

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Tangerine Spur

Post by MasterFygar »

Alright, this has been bugging me for a while. We all know of the tiny little low res pictures of the all-VO arcade Tangerine Spur... there's the one that has the stairs going down to the basement with the logo over it, and the one of several force machines in a dimly lit tournament setting (both are in the memorial book I think, or just on google). Then there's the Virtual On floor of the old Shibuya Sportsland, the one that MentholMoose has posted like 25 awesome, crystal clear pictures of and the one that is mentioned in the credits of the game. I finally got to wondering... is Tangerine Spur just the name of that basement floor in Shibuya Sportsland and unrecognizable because of the horrid picture quality/lighting in the Tangerine Spur pics, or was there at one point two basement arcades dedicated to only Virtual On in Tokyo?
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Tangerine Spur

Post by MentholMoose »

Do you have the pics of "Tangerine Spur"? I didn't find any with a (quick) Google search.

If it was in Shibuya it's not the same as the pics I took since those were of the basement of a Sportsland in Shinjuku.
MentholMoose
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Re: Tangerine Spur

Post by MasterFygar »

Certainly. I know Tangerine Spur was in Shibuya, didn't realize yours were from Shinjuku though, that's pretty ballin'. I did some searching on the Japanese web and found a page I hadn't stumbled across before that confirmed Tangerine Spur was built into the Sportsland in Shibuya, which means it's the equivalent of the one you came across in Shinjuku. From what I understand this was sort of the official hub for VO players at the time and was the testing location for all of the games from OMG up until Force, though the only pics I found were force-era.

Here are the pics. I drool just looking at them. Curse being born slightly too late to have enough income to travel there when it was open! Haha

ImageImage