Friends in Japan *want* to play!

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Friends in Japan *want* to play!

Post by VOTwinstick »

Aniking300zx since winning Vector Strike has started (Saturday night U.S./ Sunday morning local Japan time) Gathering of western VOOT & Force 4 players along with our eastern brothers in what is a free-for-all battle night. Play till you drop! Acceptance by Japan friends, to play against & partner with is pretty awesome! Now on Twitter the chatter about this activity is "their" excitement to participate! They refer to it as a Holiday! -PLAYER MATCH VOOT & FORCE 4- is where to find this swelling of interest. Friends begin to arrive Saturday night 9pm PST & doesn't end. The more that know there and here, earlier times battles will start! 8pm,7pm,6pm? This week I'm unable to participate (previous Mission committed to).
And these, the last words...
Get Ready & GET ON!
Live by them!
End Transmission
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!
Fallsmyer
Gamertag: KBMF

Re: Friends in Japan *want* to play!

Post by Fallsmyer »

Looks like fun. Hopefully I remember to log in.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I'm back online now but this gathering didn't happen today. From what I hear, it may not have happened in the prior two weeks either while I was offline. We can't expect aniking to feel like playing every week, so maybe someone else could post on twitter if they want to keep this weekly gathering going.

Another random discovery I made though is that every Saturday 4 pm PST (Sunday 8 am Japan time) there is a swarm of 20+ players that gather in Ranked and play for 1 to 2 hours. So that's another time that can be convenient for western players. The drawback is that you must play Ranked, but sometimes I can lure someone into Player match after the swarm is over.
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

I wouldn't mind some VOOT. I've had the Xbox unplugged for a while now, but I'm missing the game.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

I'm still around, will try and start showing up for the weekly meets more often. Looking forward to some VO4 especially since it's difficult to get matches in regularly

edit: I'll get online at 22:00 PST

edit2: whelp, just me and VOTwinstick showed up. gg
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
FlyExponent
Gamertag: FlyExponent

Post by FlyExponent »

Wait. Is this still going on? Ever since school ended I've had alot more free time to bust, and more active time. My bad on not being on much, cause I had, like school. And all that good jazz.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I dunno. In the last 4 weeks the gathering hasn't really happened. I was on last week too, but after no one showed up for the first half hour or so, I left.

I've just been playing Ranked because that's the only way I can find matches these days. The Japanese population in there has 20 times more players, at more hours of the day, than Player Match. But I got too beat up so I stopped and went back to hide in the Player Match lobby. I probably need another 2 years of training before I can play Ranked at a good level.
FlyExponent

Post by FlyExponent »

Meh. I like to go into ranked, and I don't get bopped as much as I thought I would. Except for the best, I can win a decent amount of matches with the Japanese. Doesn't mean I dont hit a brick wall against like 1/3 or so of Ranked players >_> (I'm looking at Katenasasosu. His Bal decimates me and everyone else, and is a plague that must be exterminated lol.) But I'm glad ppl are still playing.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I haven't beaten KATENASASOSU yet in Ranked and he makes up a fair bit of my losses. Both of us are supposed to have characters that crush Bal, but I'm not too worried because just as Bal is the most complicated and has a high ceiling potential, studying to fight against Bal (which I've never done, I don't know how to do a single move with him) should be almost equally complicated and probably brings the ceiling back down. So I try to judge myself more seriously against his Dordray (which I'm still pretty far behind as well).

I estimate that I'm currently the equivalent of an average Ranked japanese 5-star general with a 1:1 win/loss ratio. Because whenever I play Ranked japanese opponents, whatever W:L ratio they happen to have, really turns out to be my L:W ratio against them. Although if they are 4:1 or better, then I pretty much never win. I'd probably never lose against someone who is 1:4 either, but I've yet to meet such a 5-star general.

My current actual win/loss is 2:1 though, thanks to beating up a lot of green players. You don't get any EXP though from beating green players, that is why my name/color Rank is not that high, relative to the number of leaderboard Points I have (Points is not EXP, I figured out).
FlyExponent

Post by FlyExponent »

now his DORDRAY i have much better chances against. i have beaten his dordray more than once. his bal? hes at least 1/3 of my losses.

pwople still gather on saturdays? id like to go against mentholmoose and aniking one of these days.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

FlyExponent wrote:Wait. Is this still going on? Ever since school ended I've had alot more free time to bust, and more active time. My bad on not being on much, cause I had, like school. And all that good jazz.
Me and twinstick are still trying to make the meet happen at least. It's just that aniking isn't playing anymore which also results in barely any of the japanese players showing up. I might not be able to make it this week but I'll certainly play later in the day/on sunday.

Probably about 1/3 of my losses on ranked are to katena haha, excluding him I usually win at least two games for each loss.

No-one really cares about EXP on ranked, just play for a couple weeks and youre at max rank and it's already meaningless
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

Zaarock wrote:edit: I'll get online at 22:00 PST

edit2: whelp, just me and VOTwinstick showed up. gg
When? That Friday or this Friday? I missed yesterday, but I tried a week ago. I didn't see anyone.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

This particular gathering is on Saturdays. Seems people couldn't get it going this week, either. I did get one match in with a Japanese player in the Player lobby.
speakxj7
Gamertag: speakxj7

Post by speakxj7 »

got in a few matches on the session, too bad i'm east coast.

hiyo~
VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Post by VOTwinstick »

These last to weeks I've played Force w/ friends on Friday night 9pm to 2am PST Saturday. After, my Saturdays been washed out! The day feeling like a zombie. Night checked Xbox on my phone saw friends, just couldn't get off the chair... till went to bed. The time Zaarock & I waited in lobby was after playing in CrazyAnchang lobby that overfilled, sorta-speak. Started our own, 1 or 2 additional appeared & split. But that's also when Sega dropped the Force 4 in PSO 2 Bomb. Reading & retweeting kept me occupied that night.
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!