List of secret moves in PS2 VOOM and how to perform them?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

List of secret moves in PS2 VOOM and how to perform them?

Post by The World - 2.0 »

Would anyone be willing to create a list of how to perform the secret moves that each of the Virtuaroids can perform (such as Raiden's Armor Break)that can only be enabled through the secret game settings menu option in the PS2 Sega Ages release of VOOM? The reason I ask is because the official website for the game which had this information(although it was in Japanese) has somehow been taken down. So this is mostly for preservation of knowledge, to make sure it's not lost forever. Know what I mean?
Last edited by The World - 2.0 on 09 Jul 2014, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Re: List of secret moves in PS2 VOOM and how to perform them

Post by twistedsymphony »

In the Options menu. Move the cursor over CREDITS and hold Right on the D-Pad.

After a few seconds, GAME SETTING (SECRET) will unlock.

EXTRA MOVE: Turning this on activates new special moves for characters in the game. (note these aren't the official move names)
Apharmd Kick the Dynamic: While in the air, push both sticks forward and press Turbo and Center weapon at the same time. Apharmd will perform a Rider kick.

Bal-bas-bow Ground Laser: All weapons 100%, during standing state, push dash and Center weapon. Bal will fire his satalite laser in front of him on the ground.

Belgdor Vertical Missle: While standing still with center weapon at 100% push Dash and Center Weapon at the same time. Belgdor will crouch down and fire 4 slow moving missles that home extremely well.

Raiden Armor Break: Jump in the air and then push the stick out again as if you were jumping and press center weapon. Raiden's armor will break and take some damage in the process. You move a tiny bit faster but not my much. No where near as ridiculous as in VO:OT.

Fei-yen Hyper-mode: Simultaneously turn counter-clock wise and press center weapon when your life is over 50%. Life will go down to 50% and Hyper-mode activates.

Temjin, Dorkas, and Viper 2's special moves remain unchanged.

Jaguarandi can be selected if you continue past Raiden in the VR select screen if you turn the option to play as him on.

Z-Gradt Mode: Play as Z-Gradt. Defend yourself against all 8 characters of the game. Right Trigger fires the rings. Left Trigger are the small lasers. Center attack is the Phalanx/Mines release. Push the sticks together like you're crouching to activate the penis cannon. Not sure what the jumping motion does exactly. It just cause the camera to zoom up close at an angle. Dashing doesn't really seem to work... You can also be hurt while in normal mode so you aren't quite as invincible as the boss version.

Barrier Mode: When you turn this option on, touching the edge of a stage causes you to either bounce off, or fall over.

Assault All and Chibi All: Applies these modes to the entire game.

True Arcade mode: During the opening demo, press and hold R1, R2, L1, and L2. The original arcade demo mode will now play and the BGM will be replaced the original opening music. Also the training demos will now play.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I've never heard of those moves before, I guess they are exclusive to the PS2 release of VOOM? I own and played it but I didn't know about the extra features when I did. Now my backwards compatible PS3's are all broken to the YLOD so I can't play anymore.

Wow that is a really good ability for Fei-Yen, if I could turn hyper anytime with only my life going down to 50% in VOOT that would be a significant power boost in some matchups (Dordray, Raiden, Grys-Vok).

I heard there is also a super Fei-Yen character or something?
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

Porcupine wrote:I heard there is also a super Fei-Yen character or something?
I think you need to 1cc arcade mode with every VR to fight against her, she comes after Z-Gradt as the "true" (or bonus) final boss.
Porcupine wrote:Wow that is a really good ability for Fei-Yen, if I could turn hyper anytime with only my life going down to 50% in VOOT that would be a significant power boost in some matchups (Dordray, Raiden, Grys-Vok).
Does it always bring you down to 29.7% if you manually activate it, or does it scale with how much health you have?
ImageImage
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

It's always 29.7% no matter what, which is different than Raiden's armor break which is roughly 10% of whatever he currently has left. I forget how the life loss from Angelan's wings goes, maybe it was a set amount each time you grow them.

Also unlike Raiden or Angelan, when Fei-Yen manually goes hyper in VOOT there is no animation or freeze. You can do it anytime, including as you are shooting an attack. For example you can shoot a heart then quickly turn hyper if you think it will hit, and that way roughly double the damage of your heart, which sort of makes up for losing some life. You have to turn hyper before the projectile appears though for it to become the hyper projectile. For some projectiles (RW), they can transform to hyper after they are already out, but it is cosmetic only.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Post by The World - 2.0 »

ChexGuy wrote:
Porcupine wrote:I heard there is also a super Fei-Yen character or something?
I think you need to 1cc arcade mode with every VR to fight against her, she comes after Z-Gradt as the "true" (or bonus) final boss.
Actually, what really happens is this: On Normal difficulty level or higher, lf you can successfully beat each opponent in less than 30 seconds, when you reach the final area, you'll face the Original Fei-Yen, instead of facing Z-Gradt. And if you can beat her in less than 30 seconds, you'll unlock her as a playable character. To play as her, highlight Fei-Yen on the virtuaroid select screen and hold the Dash button while pressing start. A sound effect will play, indicating the Original Fei-Yen has been chosen.

A bit of background info for those who didn't know this: The Fei-Yen units that are seen in the first Virtual-On game(and their future variants in the later games), are actually just mass-produced, half-strength replicas of the Original Fei-Yen.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

I see. I must have been thinking of the special ending for VOOT
ImageImage