4-Player VOOT and Live (Spectator) Monitor info?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

4-Player VOOT and Live (Spectator) Monitor info?

Post by twistedsymphony »

A short while ago I managed to score a Japanese service manual for VOOT (Model 3 version). I was looking through it last night to see if had any information on the live monitor mode (which I think it does as it allows you to set nodes on the network as "master", "slave" or "satellite" :o ).

More interesting however is that the manual also describes a 4-player networked setup for the game... I don't read Japanese but the picture is pretty clear:

Anyone ever see a 4-player VOOT setup or know how it works?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: 4-Player VOOT and Live (Spectator) Monitor info?

Post by MentholMoose »

Your pics aren't working. I saw the 4P setup years ago when I visited Japan. Actually I think I have a pic of it (see attached pic, it's the four Ver.5.4 cabs next to the four Ver.5.66 cabs). Of course it is not actually 2v2 gameplay but rather there is a matching system where you can play against someone at one of the other cabs.

One of the cool features is that if some cabs in the network are not in use, the screens will serve as live monitors for the match in progress (think the live monitor view from the replay mode in the console versions). This live monitor feature was removed in Ver.5.66. This is why the amazing setup at SSL#3 switched from one monitor (showing live monitor, apparently from a dedicated 5.4 system) for the gallery when they had Ver.5.4 to two monitors (showing 1P and 2P POV, apparently via video splitters) with Ver.5.66 (see other attached pic).
Attachments
japan_0135.jpg
japan_0128.jpg
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Re: 4-Player VOOT and Live (Spectator) Monitor info?

Post by twistedsymphony »

very cool. thanks for confirmation/added info.