VOOM how to Buy?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
azeledge

VOOM how to Buy?

Post by azeledge »

Hi all, I did the searches on the forums and found the links but I'm still unable to try and purchase VOOM on XBLA I've used both a Japan account and a HongKong account(asia) but neither show the game available via xbox and going thru PC it says the offer is not available. Does anyone know if it's still possible to purchase? Or does my IP address have to be a Japanese one?

Any ideas or suggestions? Or if you have a walkthru?

Thanks in advance!
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: VOOM how to Buy?

Post by Porcupine »

I don't know about you but I can see VOOM for purchase on my PC at this link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Produ ... 02584113c5

Your IP address does not have to be japanese to purchase VOOM. I do recall a problem though, in that you can't purchase from xbox.com anymore since the switch to currency. This problem holds for all regions, you need to have a credit card on file to purchase now (even with money in your xbox account) which is clearly a problem for us foreigners.

You should have better luck by signing into your Japanese account with your xbox 360 and finding the game manually. However the VO games can be hard to find due to the way they alphabetize in Japanese. The 3 VO games are not next to each other in the store, they have an entirely different "first" letter due to quirky choice of what name they used. I forget exactly where they have VOOM listed but it's all by itself in some dark corner.
MDK

Post by MDK »

I switched the system locale to Japan, made a JP account, went to the demo section and found VOOM there. Haven't bought it yet but I'm pretty sure you can get the full game through the demo's page or you can buy it inside the demo. If you have FORCE you can look at the recommendations in the game page to find it too.
OM: Viper II / Raiden / Fei Yen
OT: Cypher / Raiden / Fei Yen / Grys Vok
Force: Myzr Delta / Fei Yen with BlueHeart / Temjin 747
Marz: lol

VO Subreddit: reddit.com/r/virtualon
azeledge

Post by azeledge »

Thanks for suggestions. I guess I'm SOL. Besides the website link which won't let me queue it without a credit card, I can't seem to find it at all with my Japanese account on the Xbox.

Have you guys checked recently if its out there using your xbox? I found Virtual Striker, VOOT, and Force but no VOOM to be found anywhere.

If you do find it using your xbox can you step thru how you found it? Thanks!

MDK I tried your suggestions but it just doesn't show up for me.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I checked for you just last night on my xbox, and VOOM is still in the same place it's always been. Make sure you are using a Japanese account, go to the Games section, make sure you are looking at Arcade games and not Games on Demand, then look under the Japanese letter for "d" which is "de" or "te" て. It is all by itself, as I said earlier it is not next to VOOT which is under the letter "ba" or "ha" は.
azeledge

Post by azeledge »

Thanks. Finally got it. Had to create a new Japanese account via xbox versus computer and then I found it.

now to get some Japanese Microsoft Currency Cards....