A Certain Magical Virtual-On

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Re: A Certain Magical Virtual-On

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Does this game have any local VS options? That's a real huge strike against it for me if it doesn't.

If not, is it at least possible to do it Gundam VS style, where you start a private online lobby on two consoles on the same network, then can keep playing through the match even if the internet connection is lost?
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

no local mode, unfortunately.

won't have the means to try out the connection thing until I find out whether or not people at my fighting game locals have also picked up the game, but I kind of doubt it'll be there
ImageImage
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Post by The World - 2.0 »

Well, 2 days ago(as of this post), my copy of the game came in the mail. The Package was in rough shape, but luckily everything inside was intact. :)

The stuff I got was: The game itself, the 500-page book, the music CD, the "How to Play" manual, and finally, the Wall Scroll(since I Pre-ordered my copy from Dengekiya, back in December).

So far, I've only been doing the Training mode in order to familiarize myself with the Virtuaroids and the controls. One of the only gripes I have is the most of the text(even in the Training Options menus) is in Japanese, and there's no option for English Subtitles anywhere in the game. It gets kind of tiresome to try and guess what all the Japanese-texted settings do. Fortunately for me, I can sort of understand a few fragments here and there of what Lilina, the Battle Navigator AI, says to me whilst describing the menu settings, but only when she uses gairaigo terminology; words that were loaned to the Japanese language from a different language (English, most of the time).

My other gripe is: there doesn't appear to be an option for watching Computer vs. computer matches, like in VOOT, and Force(for Xbox 360). Either that or I just missed it completely, again due to my lack of understanding of Japanese text.

EDIT(8/14/18): I replaced "Romanized Japanese words" with "gairaigo," since gairaigo is indeed the correct term to use when describing words that sound like they came from a different language, such as English.
Last edited by The World - 2.0 on 14 Aug 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
Unvogel

Post by Unvogel »

guarayakha wrote:My package arrive today... and man that artbook is packed. Too bad I can't read any lick of japanese because it's filled with lots of interviews and behind the scene stuffs, as well as the entirety of OMR and FP stories. That booklet is Amiami's bonus- just a mini movelist/manual thingie

One thing though...is that all known characters were redesigned into that weird trippy-moe design language.

For example:
Here's Anbel IV
Old
New

Here's M'my Salpen
Old
New

There are also images of Yzrman (apparently it's actually 3 girls, with the initials Y,Z and R), the Rose Sisters and Orizuru Ran (apparently translates to spider-lily, also the pilot of the Green FeiYen CH). Really weird stuffs. If you guys are curious I'll take pics of them later, just let me know ;)

And here's that Ice Doll that were the basis of the Angelan series. Seems that the VO universe is waaaay much weirder than i thought it was 20 years ago :lol:
Hello I'm New Here. I'am a Fan of Virtual-On Since 12 or 14 (Can't remember correctly though) Years Old, Until now my curiosity about this universe still intact. Sadly The Fans in my country about this Series is extremely rare. And Because of Financial problem I don't really got to play the game pretty much (In Genuine term) and rely on Emulator. Though I Manage to finish VOOM (PC & Sega ages), VOOT and VO-MARZ on PS2 (Real Console).

Since English is not My Native Language, Pardon me If I'am using the grammar incorrectly

And Pardon me for sudden Dragging, Guarayakha. Can i see more of VO-Character in Moeish drawing? I want to see them all. I'm Curious about them especially Sylvie Fang who Has Blind Love of Anbel IV :D
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I got my FromJapan shipment on February 26 as well. They forwarded it a bit late but I'm not complaining. Their service is practically free. They packaged it similarly to my earlier order of figures from Chara-Ani, so now I'm wondering if the Japanese manufacturers usually package this way, or if this is FromJapan's style of packaging. It's really good but might be overkill, the boxes are way bigger than they need to be. If it's FromJapan packaging then I don't know how they can afford to buy those boxes.

Did you get the special PS4 theme? It appears to be on a piece of paper sealed in a plastic sleeve together with the How-to-Play guide. There is also a Dengeki postcard in that sleeve.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Well AmiAmi cancelled my LE pre-order. I recently moved and sent them the new address, but I didn't see the new invoice and they cancelled it the next day. I do not know why they don't just let me pay when placing an order on their terrible 90s-looking website. Anyway, I was about to order a regular edition from them instead, but they wanted ¥9750 ($92), so I bought it from their eBay store for $85 shipped. :roll:
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

The digital Chinese version is significantly cheaper than the digital Japanese version.

Hong Kong PSN - $428 HKD
Taiwan PSN - $1690 NTD
Singapore PSN - $74.90 SGD

Between these three, Hong Kong PSN is the cheapest, but Singapore PSN is probably the most convenient - a few people might have accounts for digital versions of English-translated games (like Super Robot Wars).
ImageImage
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Unvogel wrote:
Hello I'm New Here. I'am a Fan of Virtual-On Since 12 or 14 (Can't remember correctly though) Years Old, Until now my curiosity about this universe still intact. Sadly The Fans in my country about this Series is extremely rare. And Because of Financial problem I don't really got to play the game pretty much (In Genuine term) and rely on Emulator. Though I Manage to finish VOOM (PC & Sega ages), VOOT and VO-MARZ on PS2 (Real Console).

Since English is not My Native Language, Pardon me If I'am using the grammar incorrectly

And Pardon me for sudden Dragging, Guarayakha. Can i see more of VO-Character in Moeish drawing? I want to see them all. I'm Curious about them especially Sylvie Fang who Has Blind Love of Anbel IV :D
Here you go. Personally I think they'd fit in better with *insert any Studio Trigger animes here*. The art style kinda clashes hard with the world and mechanical designs :lol:

https://imgur.com/a/EtcwX
Unvogel

Post by Unvogel »

guarayakha wrote:
Unvogel wrote:

Here you go. Personally I think they'd fit in better with *insert any Studio Trigger animes here*. The art style kinda clashes hard with the world and mechanical designs :lol:

https://imgur.com/a/EtcwX
Thanks For the Reply :D

AND WKWKWKWKLAND(LOL) The Art Style Certainly Cracked Hard XD, but oh well it's better than can't see any VO's Character Isn't it?

But I'm still surprised that Salpen's Hair is correct. In 3D Version she is Blonde, but the Old Artstyle she has Blunt Twintail (or Whatever the hairstyle name is) and Redhead. And in this 'TRIIGGERIFIED' (KEK) style, the Artist choose the 3D one.
The World - 2.0

Porcupine wrote:Did you get the special PS4 theme? It appears to be on a piece of paper sealed in a plastic sleeve together with the How-to-Play guide. There is also a Dengeki postcard in that sleeve.
I checked all the contents again and there was indeed a PS4 theme along with a Dengeki postcard. So yes, I did get everything. :)
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."

Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Since I haven't bothered to open mine, can you check what the theme is like and if it says it expires? There is another recent Magical Index Virtual-On theme in the dengeki magazine which Varryo got. I'm wondering if it's the same one.
The World - 2.0

Porcupine wrote:Since I haven't bothered to open mine, can you check what the theme is like and if it says it expires? There is another recent Magical Index Virtual-On theme in the dengeki magazine which Varryo got. I'm wondering if it's the same one.
I opened the piece of paper just before typing up this post, and practically everything there is in Moon Runes(as I expected), which, like I said a few days ago, I am absolutely clueless with. Sorry. :(

However, I did see that the code itself was in alphanumeric(ABC-123) characters. Also I saw two dates on the paper: one of them is 2018/2/15, which is obviously the release date, while the other is 2021/2/15, which I can only assume is the expiration date.

ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

Version 1.02 scheduled for the 7th. Fixes the Temjin DNA color bug and some balance changes. Check out these super-specific patch notes:

http://vo-index.sega.jp/topics/20180305_01.html

getting really **** tired of devs just saying "ADJUSTED XYZ"
it it REALLY that hard to say X INCREASED, Y DECREASED instead
ImageImage
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Damn, although 1.01 saves are compatible with a raw 1.0 install, the replay files are not. This means all replay files up until now will be useless since you can't choose which version to patch to. Also, this means patch 1.01 will become rare, so I'll have to change my plans and re-patch to version 1.01 immediately so I can compile my own changelog. I wonder if anyone will back up patch 1.01, you'll have to backup your entire PS4 hard drive to do it.

I guess I could do it but I don't feel like wasting a 16gb USB drive.
The World - 2.0

This may seem like a dumb question to you guys, but isn't there supposed to be a "Tutorial" Section in the game? I already know that there was one in the Trial version, but I couldn't find it in the "Training" Section of the main menu. Maybe it 's under the "Story" section?

Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I had the same question earlier, the Tutorial is under Missions and completing it is necessary to unlock some titles and get platinum trophy for the game.

I decided I'm not going to back up my 1.01, I would have done it had I not accidentally updated Fate/Grand Order VR game to version 1.01 too and probably lost the bug to see the girl naked. I hate these forced updates and all the forced things with PS4. When I get the dragon balls I will wish for the destruction of Sony and Microsoft.
fatmamba01
PSN: Hamstah_Fwend

Post by fatmamba01 »

How do you unlock more character/VR portraits to use on the player card?
SoulGuitarist

Post by SoulGuitarist »

fatmamba01 wrote:How do you unlock more character/VR portraits to use on the player card?
Completing missions in mission mode. Both solo and co-op missions.

Phew, haven't been on here in ages. Good to see new faces. The game has been out for awhile now. Maybe we should do a tournament? Since the PS4 has built in streaming+party chat, it's convenient for anyone to broadcast/commentate.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Too early for our tournament, we haven't established enough players yet, some of us have yet to play online, and several of us don't know how to use our PS4 well yet. I don't even know how to use the PS3 online that well. I've never used the microphone, and while the built in streaming is nice, there are some complaints about the quality as it only does 30 fps on both the pro and slim.

Also they might still release another patch to mess things up anytime.
fatmamba01
PSN: Hamstah_Fwend

Post by fatmamba01 »

Anyone with a capture card can make the streaming loads easier, hopefully one that isn't limited to 30 fps.

But yeah, I'm not sure we've a big enough community for a tourney. Maybe someone can start up a PSN group so we can start gauging?