A Certain Magical Virtual-On

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Re: A Certain Magical Virtual-On

Post by The World - 2.0 »

ChexGuy wrote:http://vo-index.sega.jp/special/faq.html
new FAQ page that shows the controller customization menu and uh...hahaha oh man
I for one happened to notice that they're answering questions for the FAQ on Twitter. I'm going to try and ask on Twitter if there's an option for English Text in the game(though I seriously doubt it).
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Are there any differences between versions when it comes to actual game content? I've seen a lot of extra physical goods (like posters) at various online store links, but is the disc the same regardless? I've become so accustomed to season passes and pre-order cosmetic DLC that I feel like I must have overlooked something if I don't see that kind of stuff being offered.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Should be the same disc. The descriptions for LEs look like this.

Swag#1
Swag#2
PS4 software A Certain Magical VO

As for the other point, I haven't heard anything regarding DLC codes and such. Feel free to chime in if anyone heard differently. We had DLC boob codes for 360 Force but nothing like that for the upcoming game. At least not for now.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

A couple of the store exclusives are digital wallpapers. Dengeki recently added a second exclusive bonus, a PS4/Vita background theme, which I noticed when I placed my proxy order. Making them slightly less of a ripoff. There is no image of the theme yet.

Dengeki must have gotten a lot of pre-orders because their listing now says 2nd pre-order period. I ordered from the 2nd group so we can compare with what The World gets later on.

I'm not sure which of the store exclusive bonuses are pre-order only. There is a listed pre-order "how-to-play" manual at every store.
Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I've been playing the demo for a few days now and everything has grown on me (manga characters, control schemes, etc.). I'm super-hyped for the release!

Does anyone know if Sega is adding LAN-play to this (like they did VOOT on X360)?

Also, I can't seem to find a pre-order option in the Japanese PSN store...

Does anyone think that Sega might port this to arcades using a standard joystick layout (Gundam VS)?
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

If local direct link works on PS4, I would be surprised if they didn't have it. If the PSN servers go down someday, that would be the only way to play each other.

I don't think digital releases need pre-orders.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201801/31150857.html
http://vo-index.sega.jp/system/index03.html
https://gematsu.com/2018/01/certain-mag ... sion-modes

The official site updated the information on the various modes. Good job on Gematsu for neglecting to bring up Death Match and Kill Attack modes as shown at the very top of the VO page, which the Famitsu article has linked to at the end. I guess carefully reading the source material is too much to ask for from gaming churnalism.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Partially customizeable parameters makes sense considering the stat discrepancies between the player VR and the opponent VR that I discovered in the demo, such as HP, knockdown resistance, and VW damage.
The World - 2.0

Well, as of typing out this post, only 10 days remain until A Certain Magical Virtual-On is released. 8-) Do you guys think we should count down the days remaining until the game's release date? It's just a suggestion.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."

Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-3urODQE8

Angelan wins the pre-release VO Index tournament. Not surprising, she is really powerful. Overpowered at a glance, but half the characters are. Unlike the others though she doesn't rely so much on any one broken technique, and things may have changed since the demo. In particular I noticed at the end of round 2 in the final match, Angelan does an air watari dash, and as far as I can tell air watari dash does not exist in the demo.
The World - 2.0

The "outline" section of the Official Website was updated earlier today with something called "Inside the Gate," which seems to be a chronicling of events that transpired from the time of Operation Moongate all the way through VO Force. Plus, it also has some impressive pictures, too.

Here's the link:
http://vo-index.sega.jp/outline/istg/

Also, 8 days left!

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

The World - 2.0 wrote:Also, 8 days left!
:-D
MentholMoose
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

So if I don't currently own a PS4 and don't really have much interest in any games other than this (well, maybe Puyo Puyo Tetris), and I don't have a 4k TV or any plans on getting one, I should just get the cheapest console I can find, right?
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

This game isn't pro enhanced, so you should be okay with just the original model or the slim model.

Having said that, with a Pro you'll get better framerates with some games that aren't pro enhnaced, so that's something to consider as well. The 1v1 matches in the demo don't seem to suffer from any framerate issue, but who knows what will happen when you stick enough Grys-Voks and Bal-Bados into a 2v2 match and turning it into a SHMUP game. You should be fine regardless considering this is also made for the Vita, but you might want to consider waiting a bit just in case.
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

shamanic_beat wrote:You should be fine regardless considering this is also made for the Vita
I dunno if that's a good indicator of...anything lol
ImageImage
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

ChexGuy wrote:
shamanic_beat wrote:You should be fine regardless considering this is also made for the Vita
I dunno if that's a good indicator of...anything lol
What I meant was they probably wouldn't make the game too demanding when there is Vita is holding it back. Maybe. Who knows what Sega is thinking.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Porcupine wrote:...as far as I can tell air watari dash does not exist in the demo.
Taiwanese demo has air watari dash, along with a bunch of little tweaks and additional sound effects not found in the Japanese demo.
The World - 2.0

Only 5 days left until the release date(as of typing this post)! You guys think we should start a countdown?

VarryoChoco

Post by VarryoChoco »

Last edited by VarryoChoco on 11 Feb 2018, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.