PSN Online IDs

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

PSN Online IDs

Post by MentholMoose »

Now that A Certain Magical Virtual-On has released, let's share our PSN IDs so we can play together. I also added it as a profile field so feel free to add it to your profile in the UCP, too.

MentholMoose_
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Re: PSN Online IDs

Post by ChexGuy »

TheChexGuy is my Japanese PSN, so it's the account that owns the game.
I'm also on my US PSN, ChexGuy331, for other games.
ImageImage
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

My Japanese PSN account is Porcupine-VO4 but I've only have one 2 day trial on it this weekend. Afterwards I plan to rollback the patch and finish unlocking everything offline for a week.

Unfortunately I just hurt myself really bad in the middle of playing this game and I am trying not to go to the hospital but I may have to go later. Zaarock pushed me down.
fatmamba01
PSN: Hamstah_Fwend

Post by fatmamba01 »

Hamstah_Fwend, technically my HK PSN but it's the only one I netplay on.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I refused to go to the emergency room despite being unable to move for a few days, because I had to play this game online for the first time! I was forced to go several weeks later and x-rays revealed multiple fractured ribs and pelvis in addition to whatever muscle damage I sustained. But as I expected there is nothing for the doctor to do but tell me not to move for two months and charge whatever health insurance doesn't cover, so waste of money and time.

Anyway I think I figured out how to get unlimited 14-day trials so I'll play index until I don't like this game anymore. Though I hadn't mentioned this publicly, I'm not liking it much at the moment as the patches have worsened game balance and the current Sega japanese tournament reflected this. The tiers are 95% as I predicted them from the demo (adjusting for balance changes) with my only mistake on Specineff who I did not expect to be top 3 (though with balance changes I would have ranked him much higher).

Running away is predominant in this game as I predicted from before the game was even announced. It's just more complex than VOOT in when you should run. That's not a good thing but at least it is funny in some ways too. You may see losing players running away for various reasons, and you may see players having already won on points still running for their lives.

The good thing is that a new game with new mechanics has brought forth some powerful new english speaking players such as fatmamba and others who are impressively able to compete on equal standing with the rest of us. I'm hoping we don't fall behind the Japanese players on this one, but I don't want to be forced to choose from 3 ugly VR to stand a chance of winning either.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

xaerock is my main PSN.
Using it for other games like gundamvs as well. Been waiting for Index VO ver. 1.03 since the official tournament.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Alter Requiem
Gamertag: Alter Requiem

Post by Alter Requiem »

Can anyone tell me if its worth importing? It looks good but shipping is a bitch. My PSN is AlterRequiem in case i end up getting it. How are Apharmd B/C in this game?
Last edited by Alter Requiem on 18 Jun 2018, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

It's worth importing and the prices for it have dropped. I don't have a recommendation on the cheapest place to buy from at the moment, maybe I'll look around with that in mind next week.

You can check my VO mechanics thread as both a play guide and ranking list. Commander is ranked high. Battler has been ranked low by others but I think he is good.
Last edited by Porcupine on 19 Jun 2018, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Alter Requiem
Gamertag: Alter Requiem

Post by Alter Requiem »

I might get it but I don't see where the price has dropped, can't find it for less than 70 bucks on playasia or anywhere else. And that't without shipping.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Amazon japan and suruga-ya have used copies for about $30. You'll need to use a proxy service to order from suruga-ya, check every day from 12 pm to 12 am japan time and they have sales on almost every product in revolving categories. If you buy during the sale it will be significantly cheaper.

Buying from 3rd party sellers on amazon usually doesn't work, just add them all to your cart and see if any of them will ship internationally to you.
Last edited by Porcupine on 19 Jun 2018, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

eBay sellers are offering the Asian edition for under $50 shipped.
MentholMoose
HerrCarl

Post by HerrCarl »

Vogel_vonFormosa here.

Now actively play OMG with Japanese, and 2 American players.
OMG is the best!