Possible translation solution found for ACMVO

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Possible translation solution found for ACMVO

Post by The World - 2.0 »

Hi, everyone! :) How've you all been? I've been away for a while, but I have returned to let you guys know that I just might have found a possible "semi-solution" on how to translate most of the Japanese text in A Certain Magical Virtual-On to English text, as well as playing it remotely from the PS4 on your computer.

8 days ago (as of typing this message) I stumbled upon 2 programs. One is called BlueStacks(an Android emulator) with a very useful feature: Auto-Translate. The second is an app for Android called PStreamer, which lets you remote-play PS4 games on Android (although it's not a PS4 emulator) via Wi-Fi or mobile data. However, there are some complications that will arise if you're going the route of trying to play PS4 games on your PC:

1.) Your internet router must support Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP). Otherwise you'll need to have your PC/Android and your PS4 powered on simultaneously every time you want to play something on PStreamer.

2.) PStreamer has a 14-day functionality time limit. It costs $10 to purchase a license key.

3.) Every time you want to use the Auto-Translate feature of BlueStacks you have to press Ctrl + Shift + L which will cause a secondary overlay image to appear, while the game is still running in the background. And because of this you'll need to quickly close the image, which can cost you precious time. So it's best to only use Auto-Translate during cutscenes, or on the menu screens.

4.) The translation itself isn't really 100% accurate, but at least you'll have a basic idea of what the Japanese text means.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the Auto-Translate feature in use:
ACMVO Translated Example 1.jpg
ACMVO Translated Example 2.jpg
I know it may not be the absolute best solution out there, but at least it's better than nothing.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Possible translation solution found for ACMVO

Post by guarayakha »

I think's it the same tool that's built in on newer smartphones; I just found out my Huawei P40 has it and boy it sure helped me alot in recovering my Japanese PSN account lol.

Now I just have to get freaking Marz working on my PC in high-res so I can try see if this works nicely.