Roll call - who is still playing VOOT!?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
vitrium

Re: Roll call - who is still playing VOOT!?

Post by vitrium »

i just renewed my Live subscription and i noticed that everyone online (obviously) got extremely good while I was away for a few months. I'm having great trouble winning against even low tiers on ranked and quick play is chock full of experts. It also doesn't help that I play late at night and get only japanese competition.

I really need to finish my twinsticks! I can't stand not being able to travel diagonally consistently.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens..."
Tieria Arde

Post by Tieria Arde »

Been playing with aniking and schooly on fridays and saturdays. Getting rusty since college started up again though.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Just got my VGA cable so I started to play a lot more often than once a week. Too bad I have no sound :lol:. I found some new blood and been redirecting them to this site. Hopefully they will sign up!
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

...I miss you guys. :(

But nursing school is a BEAST!! :shock: :?

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few games soon of Friday nights (PST) since we are gonna be going from a 5 day a week school schedule to a 4 day a week schedule with Fridays off...heeeeey...so that means Thursday night as well! ^_^
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Wow....have I been away for awhile or what? Haha! Anywho...i've got my Dreamcast down here on campus with me and luckily I ran into another huge Dreamcast fanatic. He wants to see VO in action[he thinks he has played it before]. So i'm sure i'll be playing some VO pretty soon.
"Nuh uh uh"
mechazoidal

Post by mechazoidal »

I apologize for not being on Live much; but the one-two punch of deadlines at work(that have prevented me from taking vacation so far, this year), and a drunk driver crashing into my house(necessitating a move) have left me exhausted the past month. :cry:
Tieria Arde

Post by Tieria Arde »

"a drunk driver crashing into my house"

you have the best excuse here.
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

Yes, I still play VOOT,....even though most of my game time is devoted on S4 League.

Anyways....I still using Temjin as my main.....sometimes Fei-Yen Kn and others once in a while.
"You do what you gotta do!"
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I'm coming back this week,Friday, I just got another pair of saturn sticks in Seattle, and I had to focus on life for the summer....hope the scene hasn't died out already...
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

I'm scheduled to get wired internet installed on the 3rd (Looking for open networks isn't the best thing, but has been a necesity as of late) so hopefully once I get that installed I can buy a 3 month live card and enough points (1600?) for VO:OT and be able to be of some use/fun when I get online to play someone :D

I have like 300 some odd MB left on my arcade unit, is that enough space to download VOOT?
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

I wish I could still play with you guys. My friend still has my 360 cause of MW2

So its going to be a while guys. You all got so good without me. I'm so freaking proud of you all. I really am happy for all of you.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Im still playing. Its just Blazblue on PSN which has been taking my other time. :D
NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

Well, I just got all signed up for my one month Live Gold membership, so I have a bit to play around with.

I am a bit bummed though, as I was required to download an update or two that puts me at 211 MB free on my Arcade unit, while the VOOT Demo is 220 or 230 MBs, Gah! I don't have the monies to buy a hard drive, so I guess I'll have to wait longer.

NGE42 is my GamerTag if anyone wants to add me.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

NGEFreek wrote:Well, I just got all signed up for my one month Live Gold membership, so I have a bit to play around with.

I am a bit bummed though, as I was required to download an update or two that puts me at 211 MB free on my Arcade unit, while the VOOT Demo is 220 or 230 MBs, Gah! I don't have the monies to buy a hard drive, so I guess I'll have to wait longer.

NGE42 is my GamerTag if anyone wants to add me.
Oh no, sorry to hear that! Is there any way to reclaim space, maybe by deleting some game demos or something?
MentholMoose
NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

Well, I THINK I can get enough space (already went through and deleted everything non-essential), but I'd have to delete my Rock Band 2 save, which is like 10 MB I do believe. The Fiance would kill me if I deleted it though, lol. I might just go buy a 512 mem card from target, or, depending on if I get any B-Day monies, I'll just snag a 20 gig HD from GameStop until I have the means to get a real storage device.

If the Demo is 220-ish MBs, how many is the full game?
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

NGEFreek wrote:Well, I THINK I can get enough space (already went through and deleted everything non-essential), but I'd have to delete my Rock Band 2 save, which is like 10 MB I do believe. The Fiance would kill me if I deleted it though, lol. I might just go buy a 512 mem card from target, or, depending on if I get any B-Day monies, I'll just snag a 20 gig HD from GameStop until I have the means to get a real storage device.

If the Demo is 220-ish MBs, how many is the full game?
Full game is the same size...demo is just a locked version of the full game.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

Well after a while i'm finally back into the scene.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

man sorry i haven't been active much. I haven't been playing because i can't- multiple reasons.

first is that i live in a dorm with the worst internet in the us, not to mention that Vermont is STILL T1, online gaming is virtually impossible even with a computer.

second, my brothers gold ran out on XBL, so no online XBL anyway, and that's not even here at my dorm.

third; i still haven;t bought it on XBLA, i really do plan on getting it :(

fourth, RE5, Contra 3, GTA liberty city stories, Prototype, Chrono Trigger, and many more have been keeping me occupied, i hope to play a game with you guys at least some time.

i have occasionally played VOOT or OMG in my free time and have been trying to get a saturn netlink so i can play that online (dialup still works i think).

have gotten slightly better at cypher and fei -yen
MurderDeathKill

Post by MurderDeathKill »

I haven't been playing online much because I know that if I play the game, I'm going to forget to sleep.
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

I only have access to my 360 at certain times of the year. But I do like to play VOOT. I'll be on until the 15th of January. Looking for good fights until then.