getting OMG

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

getting OMG

Post by circuscommando »

just ordered OMG from amazon. haven't fixed my sticks yet (going to try maybe this week if i can decode (IE: for morons) menthol's fixit suggestion.

since then however, i have been getting better at using the DC controller, liking it, it is a much different feel.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: getting OMG

Post by MentholMoose »

Did you ever open your Twin Sticks to identify the problem?
MentholMoose
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

nope (><) when they were open, i didn't see anything wrong, but i'll open them again.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

there were some threads or something sticking out of the cord in the first picture

nothing that i can see. i'm going to try my hand at VOOT again see if the problem is fixed.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

What's the problem again?

In the last photo (of the open stick), also check where the wires connect to the PCB, and make sure the connection is solid.
MentholMoose
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

the left stick seems(ed) to have problems with turning left directions
\ up left
-- left
/ bottom left

i didn't get a chance to try the twinsticks yesterday, but will try again today (am at school currently).

i'm fairly sure that the wires connecting to the PCB were solid. none seemed loose (and i didn't know how to test besides giving a gentle tug on each one) is there a way i can just push them in?
thanks -D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

circuscommando wrote:the left stick seems(ed) to have problems with turning left directions
\ up left
-- left
/ bottom left

i didn't get a chance to try the twinsticks yesterday, but will try again today (am at school currently).

i'm fairly sure that the wires connecting to the PCB were solid. none seemed loose (and i didn't know how to test besides giving a gentle tug on each one) is there a way i can just push them in?
thanks -D
My previous suggestion (regarding the PCB at the top of each stick) only applies to the weapon and trigger buttons.

For the various wires that have connectors in the base, you can push them in to ensure they are connected.
MentholMoose
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

hey, so i tried out my stick again, everything was working, except for RT >.< the stick that i didn't open, so i'll do that when i have time.