what's your favorite/least favorite stage?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

what's your favorite/least favorite stage?

Post by circuscommando »

Personal fav: Storage Depot (loooove the music)
Personal dislike: sanctuary (i really hate the water and that... that thing in the middle of the stage, i just don't like the feel of it.
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Re: what's your favorite/least favorite stage?

Post by NGEFreek »

Favorite? Probably Blank Frank or Autobahn.
Least Favorite: I'm with you on Sanctuary, something about it just bugs the poo poo out of me. I'm not such a big fan of Dordrays' stage, the underground one, you know what I mean.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

I love AutoBahn*, Blank Frank and Space Dock. Vertebrate Shaft is really neat too. Hmmm...Unholy Cathedral is pretty cool as is Water City. Is that the one? The one from VOOM, that is also in VOOT. Hmmm...I think my alltime fave though...is Green Hills. I want to zip around in that level as Cypher, so badly!

Sanctuary isn't one of my favorites either. Don't hate it...just not one of my faves. Undersea Plant...is only cool when playing as a missle launching character. =P Airport is only cool when i'm playing as Cy. =P

Oh yea! Almost forgot about Abandoned Quarry, I used to hate this level, but totally love it now. Can't remember the music for any of the levels right now. It's been awhile, I need to plug back in my DC.
"Nuh uh uh"
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Favorites:
Blank Frank - Wide-open stage with lots of cover. :mrgreen: And the view is nice, too.
Autobahn - Dunno. I just like it for some reason.
Space Port - but only 5.2 cuz it's got da floor

Least favorite:
Sanctuary - Stupid and gimmicky with the hole-y structure in the middle and the water puddles.
Unholy Cathedral - I always seem to dash off the raised perimeter or land on one of the fluctuating boxes, freezing me and getting hit
Tangram's stage - 'nuff said.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Ha, Tangram's Stage is all you need to know. =P No explanation. When playing as Bal series though...it's pretty nifty. Different version of him os playable.
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

My favorates are Waterfront (from omg), vertabre shaft (again from omg), blank frank, floating carrier, and oddly enough, 9th plant-tangram. A pity a variant of it wasn't avalable for multi-play (virtuaroids duking it out in 0-g, nice ^^)

Least favorates are accending corridor, abandoned quary, sanctuary and Distorted shrine, well, the level is cool, but baratos is evil incarnate...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

oh yeah, i forgot, some of my other favs are autobahn, airport, and waterfront (waterfront was in VOOM, still wicked pretty)

abandoned quarry is average, the one thing i really like about it though is how the darkness contrasts with the other stages to give a different feel.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I like Sanctuary. It's really strategic since there are only two solid obstructions, and they are in corners so it takes skill to use them (normally you want to avoid being cornered). Also you have to pay more attention to your positioning that other stages (it's bad to go in the water obstacle). I like the style of Waterfront but I really have to pay attention to avoid the short obstacles (they can eat up Grys-Vok's crouching dash RW). Now that I think of it, I don't really dislike any map. :)
MentholMoose
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

circuscommando wrote:Personal fav: Storage Depot (loooove the music)
Personal dislike: sanctuary (i really hate the water and that... that thing in the middle of the stage, i just don't like the feel of it.
Hell yeah, Storage Depot! Same here, the music for that stage is awesome.
I'm not a big fan of Angelan's stage or 5.2 version of public port. The lack of floor and all the colors messes with my head.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

VR-Eli wrote:
circuscommando wrote:Personal fav: Storage Depot (loooove the music)
Hell yeah, Storage Depot! Same here, the music for that stage is awesome.
I'm not a big fan of Angelan's stage or 5.2 version of public port. The lack of floor and all the colors messes with my head.
Exactly...it's like doing shrooms or something. :P
"Nuh uh uh"
Turbovec

Post by Turbovec »

I dunno...I always loved the Airport. Waterfront and Death Trap were also wicked, not to mention Space Dock. There are some good OT stages, Autobahn, Public Port and Storage Depot come to mind. I like Unholy Cathedral, but it's not quite up there with my other favs.

Also, with the mention of Death Trap, the arranged version featured in the Counterpoint audio drama is some of the best VO-related music ever. But that's just my opinion. :P
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Turbovec wrote:I dunno...I always loved the Airport. Waterfront and Death Trap were also wicked, not to mention Space Dock. There are some good OT stages, Autobahn, Public Port and Storage Depot come to mind. I like Unholy Cathedral, but it's not quite up there with my other favs.

Also, with the mention of Death Trap, the arranged version featured in the Counterpoint audio drama is some of the best VO-related music ever. But that's just my opinion. :P
Is Death Trap the stage at the end of OMG? Where you fight Z-Gradt? If so...I like that one too. And yea Airport is a cool stage. I love watching the jets fly off in the background. :P
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote:
Turbovec wrote:I dunno...I always loved the Airport. Waterfront and Death Trap were also wicked, not to mention Space Dock. There are some good OT stages, Autobahn, Public Port and Storage Depot come to mind. I like Unholy Cathedral, but it's not quite up there with my other favs.

Is Death Trap the stage at the end of OMG? Where you fight Z-Gradt? If so...I like that one too. And yea Airport is a cool stage. I love watching the jets fly off in the background. :P
Death trap is the stage in OMG where you fight Raiden.

It's Restricted Area MGAO, Vertebrae shaft #5 in VOOT

Both play the BGM "Fade to Black"

Yes, the counterpoint 009A version of fade to black is awsome. My raiden playing friend says it's too "happy", but he'll listen to it.

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Vertebrae Shaft in VOOT, ok. Thanks Testament! Why'd they change the name of the stage, I wonder. Water Front didn't change. But yes I wish Vertebrae Shaft was used in regular arcade mode on VOOT. That level reminds me of this level from Armored Core 2:AA for some reason.
"Nuh uh uh"
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Vertebrae Shaft always seemed like a ho-hum stage to me... that is until I realized that you're essentially on an elevator descending into hell. And as you're battling you're just descending with these massive doors sealing shut above you.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote: Why'd they change the name of the stage, I wonder.
I assume because in OMG, Deathtrap was a part of the moon base, which doesn't technically exist anymore in OT. Thats purely an assumption though.

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
I assume because in OMG, Deathtrap was a part of the moon base, which doesn't technically exist anymore in OT. Thats purely an assumption though.
You and your storyling knowledge. How I envy you...did you ever find that link? lol *checks the other thread*
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:
You and your storyling knowledge. How I envy you...did you ever find that link? lol *checks the other thread*
If you ever played through OMG, what blows up at the end is the moon base...I imagine anything attached to it whould be turned to scrap along with it...nothing to do with what I know of the actuall story.

Edit: what was the other thread? ^^;;;;

Here's the link: http://users.bigpond.net.au/msbs-omega/ ... /story.htm

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

*hails to the chief* Oh wow...that you for that link man. :D But I feel bad...I haven't played OMG in so long, I forgot about the Moonbase blowing up. >_< But the other topic...nevermind...the link is here. Woo hoo!!

*does back flips*
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote:*hails to the Lt.*
A tad shameless, but fixed that for ya ^^