I give...

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Kiddo

Re: I give...

Post by Kiddo »

Dang. I saw those DC VS. Link Cables on eBay and botched my chance to get them. :(
Obviously I'm hitting myself for it. Are they that rare?
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

neoKEN wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:
NGEFreek wrote:Aaaaand just HOW can I get a faceplate like that? :D
THIS. DO WANT! :P
ME TOO!! :o
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Uhm...yea, lets just say they are that rare, I've been trying to get a pair for as long as I can remember, but everytime someones posted something or they've popped up in a new location they're normally gone before I ever had the chance to grab em.

This pair popped online at the perfect moment, its one of like 4 pairs I've ever seen on ebay lol. Official ones too, it was so dusty when I got it lol (the package).

So for the Hori sticks, can you actually buy those from the U.S. directly from the site, or do you have to do it a special way?
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Kiddo wrote:Dang. I saw those DC VS. Link Cables on eBay and botched my chance to get them. :(
Obviously I'm hitting myself for it. Are they that rare?
I guess they are rare, but mainly the official ones. Back before Sega killed the DC, the Dragoncast cables were abundant, but not the official one. When VOOT was released in the US, the cable was practically non-existent, and the only reason I managed to get one at that time was because I worked on US VOOT!! I later bought a second one while I was in Japan, months after VOOT was released.
MentholMoose
Kiddo

Post by Kiddo »

I wouldn't be too picky about what kind of VS. Link Cable I would get, except that I can't find either. Tsk. :(
Kiddo

Post by Kiddo »

Just a bit of a personal update -

I won this Dragoncast VS. Link Cable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I tested it with my Virtual On discs (and the spare Dreamcast I have) and it worked beautifully. Since I read that many other folks had compatibility issues, I'm guessing it's a matter of the third-party brand product being more likely to have defects. I'm glad I got this one, though. Same function as the official but without the need to worry about price or collectibility. :)

Now, if I just had another Twin Stick...
azeledge

Post by azeledge »

Wow this brings back memories. I remember I had the hardest time trying to get these cables for my Dreamcasts. But i didnt have a hard time finding the NeoGeo Pocket to dreamcast link cables at Best Buys. So I ended up buying two of those and spliced them and got the pin layouts for the dc to make crossover link cables using the two DC halves of the NeoGeoDC cables. I was in awe when I powered up my VOOTS and did the link code and it worked!!!! Then of course a month later I found a place that sold the official ones and I picked those up as well! Murphy's law! :lol:
Kiddo

Post by Kiddo »

And those NGPC cables are rare, too, y'know... and I have a few NGPCs that could use 'em. :(
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

I have both a DC to DC link cable (sega brand) as well as a NGPC to DC link cable (SNK brand) If anyone ever realistically wants to buy them :)