Welcome VO fans

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Welcome VO fans

Post by circuscommando »

ah, i don't have DC internet nor a cord to connect it to my computer. I'll probably just youtube it.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Yo

From Sydney. Its hard to even find an active fansite of this game anymore. So sad. Its good to see ppl r coming back for the game. :D

Envy u guys who were able to go in tournaments and have a community there.

Btw, a general question, what were the char tiers like? What chars did the ppl in the tourney used most?

Dordray and Raiden was definitely feared. Even a pro Bal-Bados player.

In terms of popularity, there were many AphB and Temjins. Cyphers and Angelans a lot too.

Discuss!
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

*disengages SLC mode* Fellow VR Pilots!! Yosh! So awesome to find an active board. Even if there are 4 of us. =P Anywho...I only know of...maybe 4 other people that have played this game[3 of them because of me lol the other was actually just a random friend and we randomly started talking about VOOT somehow lol]. Anywho...i've never played in a tourney. =( Always have wanted to challenge others though. I've never even been able to do that. But with the news of 5.66[which I have never played...just 5.45, favorite game ever btw] being re-released on XBLA[and hopefully PSN] my passion has been like...reawakened. Oh my gosh! And im so glad to have found this place too, btw! Man...what a relief. We need to find every VO fan and get us all together in one place. Speaking of which...I was at virtualon.net[can't remember my name there], and VOGZ[HyperSonic 2003 was the name], and some other VO sites from way ago. Haha! Sorry for all the randomness that posts contained, but you guys have no diea how happy I am to have found this place. Please don't die on me guys. I need to get out my VO obsession.
"Nuh uh uh"
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

never been to a tourney, my first experience was me playing Virtual On in an arcade when i was smaller, and some random dude came up to me and challenged me, kicked the crap out of me, and kept playing, what a ****! i didn't have any more quarters!

my personal fave is raiden, he just kicks a lot of ass, but i'm getting better as dordray as well, i seem to not really be able to use many of the faster characters, especially specineff XP (who i'm absolutely abhorrent at.)

i don't know the button combos for Temjin's flying attack or (cyphers?) airplane-esque attack.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Temjin's surfing ram:

Jump> Forward-Airdash CW.

Same for Cypher's SLC Dive, Dordray's LW and CW rushes, 10/80's gliding ram.

Specineff's Slider is Forward dash crouch CW.

I couldnt do Dordray's ring of death for some reason. The jump into 360 degree barrage of hurricane spray. Anyone kindly shed some light?

Its sad the singapore site went down. It had a lot of attack and armor data there.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:Its sad the singapore site went down. It had a lot of attack and armor data there.
Yeah, a lot of sites are gone... of course VOOT is old and hasn't been popular for a very long time, so I guess we shouldn't expect everyone to keep paying hosting bills and such.
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

circuscommando wrote:never been to a tourney, my first experience was me playing Virtual On in an arcade when i was smaller, and some random dude came up to me and challenged me, kicked the crap out of me, and kept playing, what a ****! i didn't have any more quarters!

my personal fave is raiden, he just kicks a lot of ass, but i'm getting better as dordray as well, i seem to not really be able to use many of the faster characters, especially specineff XP (who i'm absolutely abhorrent at.)

i don't know the button combos for Temjin's flying attack or (cyphers?) airplane-esque attack.
See im not much a bigger guy player. Raiden is the only one I play with that's big. I love him though. Second fave on VOOT. Strange how my favorite is one of the smallest/fastest...and my second fave one of the biggest ones. :P But that **** kept on playing. Psh! Didn't even bother offering you tips/advice. We should go find that guy and Perfect on his ass. :P But Davo87...I could do Dordray's ring of death...just haven't played VOOT in quite some time. Otherwise I could maybe help you out.[I'm a controller user btw...so arcade controls I have no idea lol] Surely plan on plugging up the ol' Dreamcast this weekend though. I'm like...in an absolute VO mood now. Like hardcore!
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Strange, Ill grab my DC out and try again. Is it simply jump> hold rotate CW? Or a diff order? Thx btw

Is anybody able to do Raiden's V laser on pad? I just seen someone do it and need to know. ;)

Despite being in chinese, AphB close range madness is a must to see at 1:24.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHblZ3w ... 1&index=14

Some youtube channels:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tcsz
http://www.youtube.com/user/Cacophanus
http://www.youtube.com/user/mmzzkkkaa
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hmmm...let me see if I remember. If I had the controller in my hands I swear it's like...those controls wer emade for me or something. xD! I could tell you how to do anything[with Cypher for sure]. But I thought it was a jump then while in the air hold down on the special stick[analog stick right?] and CW. Might have to be at 100% or something. Not too sure. But thank you for these videos dude. I feel like im on an island out here and there are no other VO people anywhere. So like...all these videos are new to me. Speaking of...over at the Global Pilot's on Facebook[We're trying to get that back up and active again lol] a member had posted an Operation Moongate video from way back. He posted it like 2 years ago and i'm just now seeing it. xD! From the very beginning the video rocks. Love the Vipers laser sword battling it out at around the :50 mark I think? had no diea VOOM could be this fast paced. Picked the game up for the Saturn maybe...3 summers ago. Need to get into it some more. And you're definitely welcome Davo. Just wish I could remember how to do it exactly. >_<
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Cheer RVR-42. Analogue stick down= arcade start button iirc. Hmmm. Ill test it out sometime.

Those JP videos were worth watching. Tho on vid, if u really want to study the match closely its best looking at both player's sides of the match which they have. Sometimes I find the replay wide angle feature is a hinderance to see what the players were really doing.

The vids in TSCs channels shows both players' sides into separate videos which is better to watch. Imo replay wide angle are good for spotting nasty unseeable setups which is the only way u can see what ur opponent did. ;) That Raiden in TSC's channel is quite scary: V-lasers, closerange laser cage into melee and watari airdashes which leave him aiming his lasers.

This vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF20MaSC ... ommended=0
Temjin vs AphB, bomb-fest. At 5:20, epic sword dance and look what AphB finishes Temjin with. ;)
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

My gosh that was beautiful. That Aph B. demonstrating the quick step in conjunction with the standard CC. Wow! Hahah! It did like 99% of that Dordray's health too. xD! Anyway...I usually just watch VO replay videos...for the "coolness factor". I've neve rplayed it competitively so I don't really care too much about executing very difficult moves and whatnot. I like the wide angle replay mode[the one that you use for viewing basically]. But if I were to want to master the game and dissect and stuff...I agree with you...seeing what each player is actually doing is best. I'll need to check out that Temjin vs. Aph. B bomb-fest battle. :D
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

LW CC> cancel with quickstep> reversal RW> cancel into instant dash CC

I couldnt cancel into dash after a reversal attack for some reason. :(

Tho combo would only work against more stable VRs anyway. Despite Dordray is heavy, his backside is quite unstable. Never know that can link like that. :D
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Davo87 wrote:LW CC> cancel with quickstep> reversal RW> cancel into instant dash CC

I couldnt cancel into dash after a reversal attack for some reason. :(

Tho combo would only work against more stable VRs anyway. Despite Dordray is heavy, his backside is quite unstable. Never know that can link like that. :D
Indeed, indeed. Ahhh...I love this. Can't talk about this stuff with my friends...they have no idea what it even means. :D We need to recruit more people here. We should start a movement. XDXD!
"Nuh uh uh"
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

agreed, i try to get people interested, not too many are, i've agot a few friends who just looked over it completely because it wasn't next-gen graphics.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Tell me about it man. Pisses me off how people nowadays take graphics as the selling point of a game. Forget that schick. Gameplay is where it's at and VO has the best around[IMO]. I've got some friends that are really interested, just super intimidated by it. One of my friend's claimed VOOT to be "The most japanese game" he's ever seen. LOL! I would gladly teach them though. :]
"Nuh uh uh"
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

i don't know, most japanese games for me are generally RPG's
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Haha no no...he was meaning...looking at the mad gameplay and stuff was so crazy and hectic that it could only be japanese. xD
"Nuh uh uh"
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

evenpar123 here. When VOOT for XBLA comes out, I will beat you in it and then steal your girlfriend.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

xD! You're going to steal my Dreamcast!? How dare you!! But welcome to the boards man. Nice to see this place growing.
"Nuh uh uh"
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

evenpar123 wrote:evenpar123 here. When VOOT for XBLA comes out, I will beat you in it and then steal your girlfriend.
It's on! :)
MentholMoose