Welcome VO fans

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Turbovec

Re: Welcome VO fans

Post by Turbovec »

evenpar123 wrote:evenpar123 here. When VOOT for XBLA comes out, I will beat you in it and then steal your girlfriend.
Get back to yer Halo boy!!! D:<
Ten80

Post by Ten80 »

Hi! Good to see the VO community still has a sliver of life in it! It's very nostalgic to see all old names in this forum, despite myself being just a longtime lurker.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Ten80 wrote:Hi! Good to see the VO community still has a sliver of life in it! It's very nostalgic to see all old names in this forum, despite myself being just a longtime lurker.
Welcome to the community! I am also glad that people are here and talking about my favorite game. Hopefully some more people will come out of hiding. ;)
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Yea this is really good. So glad that we're slowing expanding. :D Welcome Ten80. I wonder who your favorite Vr is? Can you guess who mine is? Haha
"Nuh uh uh"
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

So I guess this can be my formal introduction post. Hi. There, I said it.

Anyway, to go back to the comment on the first page about something VO related ending up on Wii, I will say this, I know it would have been unplayable because anyone who has played Samba De Amigo on Wii knows that if you can't get the game that was pretty much screaming for a Wii port and was still messed up says anything about controller recognition then setting 2 Wiimotes up as Twinsticks would have been a nightmare.

I SAID RTLW NOT c.RT! GAAAAAAH!!!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

o.o woah, vo fans...

On a dedicated forum...

Never thought i'd see this day ever again, but not only have I, it's apperently been going on for a few months.

As late as it is, hi all.

I've been playing vo for a number of years, and like many others am looking foward to the xbl release, although i need a 360 first. I'm working on a twinstick project (more like finishing), and i'll post some picks in a new thread once thats done.

Does anyone know if the custom color palattes from 5.6 (dreamcast) will be uploadable to the 5.66 on xbox? I doubt it but i'm asking anyway, because that whould rock.

So, yay to the VO community, for surviving dispite the hardships it's been through. And yay to SEGA for finally releasing 5.66 to people outside japan.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

according to Kotaku, and screenshots, yes there will be color editing option. As far as i know, it will be a complete transfer of 5.66.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:o.o woah, vo fans...

On a dedicated forum...

Never thought i'd see this day ever again, but not only have I, it's apperently been going on for a few months.

As late as it is, hi all.

I've been playing vo for a number of years, and like many others am looking foward to the xbl release, although i need a 360 first. I'm working on a twinstick project (more like finishing), and i'll post some picks in a new thread once thats done.

Does anyone know if the custom color palattes from 5.6 (dreamcast) will be uploadable to the 5.66 on xbox? I doubt it but i'm asking anyway, because that whould rock.

So, yay to the VO community, for surviving dispite the hardships it's been through. And yay to SEGA for finally releasing 5.66 to people outside japan.
Deep South Texas, huh? Just how deep?
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

evenpar123 wrote:
Deep South Texas, huh? Just how deep?
willacy county. 30 minutes away from Harlingen, an hour away from Brownsville or Mcallen.

Pretty deep...

Edit: Roughly 5 hours or so away from houston, by car.

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:As late as it is, hi all.
Welcome to the forum!
Testament/Seven7 wrote:I've been playing vo for a number of years, and like many others am looking foward to the xbl release, although i need a 360 first. I'm working on a twinstick project (more like finishing), and i'll post some picks in a new thread once thats done.
Don't tell me it's this ;) :

Definitely post some pics when ready. I hope to have something finished tomorrow or Wednesday.
Testament/Seven7 wrote:Does anyone know if the custom color palattes from 5.6 (dreamcast) will be uploadable to the 5.66 on xbox? I doubt it but i'm asking anyway, because that whould rock.
I haven't seen or heard anything about this, but I doubt it. As circuscommando pointed out, though, there will be an editor included, so you can at least re-implement your color scheme. That is, unless you created an advanced VER.5.66 color scheme using a third party utility (yes, I actually did this, lol). But maybe the VOOT 360 editor will provide access to the low level colors.
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Oh my.......I can't even look at that with a straight face, i doubt i could use it to play super mario bros, never mind vo...

Granted, since i don't have access to saturn or DC twinsticks, it's a little, err, improvised...

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Oh my.......I can't even look at that with a straight face, i doubt i could use it to play super mario bros, never mind vo...
Yeah it is pretty ridiculous! :lol:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:Granted, since i don't have access to saturn or DC twinsticks, it's a little, err, improvised...
Sounds good, can't wait to see it!
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hahahah! Ridiculous indeed. xD!
"Nuh uh uh"
NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

I might be brave enough to have that in my gameroom, next to my SMB/DH carts.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Ok, my sticks arn't ready yet, i may post some preliminary pics though, since i'm dragging my feet abit. I really don't want to deal with the wireing/soldering, i really don't.

On the other hand, i just got myself a 360, gamestop used...so now i ask, do we know anything about vo's filesize?

NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

I will guess around 1 gig mayhaps. There used to be a file limit of 256M for games since thats all the arcade bundle came with, but I think as of late, they threw that limit out the window. Also figuring that a GD rom held ~1 gig of space anyway I'd say that would be a safe assumption.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

NGEFreek wrote:I will guess around 1 gig mayhaps. There used to be a file limit of 256M for games since thats all the arcade bundle came with, but I think as of late, they threw that limit out the window. Also figuring that a GD rom held ~1 gig of space anyway I'd say that would be a safe assumption.

Not to say that assumption is wrong, but the game itself was only what? 600 700 megs? though considering the addition of HD graphics, this may have bumped up the filesize...

My question is, instead of a HD or overpriced mem card, could i use a usb thumbdrive, flashdrive, memstick instead? wal mart has some 1 and 2 gigs real cheap...

NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

AFAIK, M$ has it set to where if its not an official or officially licenced controller or memory card it won't work. Don't quote me though, as I don't have the system.

Unless they of course have cracked the M$ code on the PIR8 websites and I just haven't heard or seen anything yet.

Check on Craigslist for your area to try and pick up a HD for the cheap, it might be worth a shot.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

well, i know unofficial wired controllers work, dunno about wireless or memory...

Only thing i know is the 360 can access media on usb devices, such as audio and pictures...and i think you can also store things such as dashboard updates and such via usb, i just dunno about xbl arcade games and such...

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hmmm...yea I have no diea how large the game will be, but i'd assume fairly large, you know. But I don't really know about that stuff to be honest. lol The thumbdrive thing though...hmmm, I know you can save certain things to your PS3 and crap with a thumbdrive...save files of certain games I think you can.

Yeaaaa...I pretty much didn't add anything to this conversation. XD! Sorry!
"Nuh uh uh"