VOOT Night

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
sandsfel

Re: VOOT Night

Post by sandsfel »

Due to Mass Effect 2 I have been away from VOOT a bit... hopefully could get back to some actions this Wednesday...
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

sandsfel wrote:Due to Mass Effect 2 I have been away from VOOT a bit...
You're not alone, as I've noted elsewhere... ;)

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 74#p553774

(Note that most of the people on my friends list are VOOT players, or at least were at some point)
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Same here. Mass Effect 2 sucked about 100+ hours of my life. Then there is also Bayonetta and the recently purchased Dodgeball Gaiden 2.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

I no longer have midterms so more game time for me
sandsfel

Post by sandsfel »

Good games to everyone who showed up last VOOT night, it's fun as always. :) We were in the party game room and I'm wondering, should we be in the player match game room instead? The player match game room is opened to all VOOT players so we may meet other VOOT players who are not in this community and play... just a thought :-)
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

That sounds like an idea, but we'd have to give up being able to observe matches.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

[erased]
Last edited by DeltastrikeX on 16 Dec 2017, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
hue

Post by hue »

Hi all, looking forward to joining in for some fun!
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

DeltastrikeX wrote:I feel bad for neglecting VOOT

I tried to hop on with you all a couple nights ago and i was just terrible. Couldn't beat anybody. I need to get back into it.

Street fighter 4 has been taking up most of my time.

I live in philly PA, and thats where the main SF4 scene is on the east coast now due to justin wong moving to the west coast.

So i gotta train up my street fighter game.
VOOT needs you more than SFIV does!

Actually, I was surprised by the turnout last night, it was pretty good. I don't know if lag is the same for both players in VOOT, but if so, I apologize to anybody I played against. My internet was pretty choppy... turns out my girlfriend was watching stuff on Hulu. I thought my router could take care of that (I set up XBL packets to have highest priority), but she said her stuff was choppy too, so maybe my internet as a whole was just slow. Networking is not my forte by any means, so I might have to do some more research and tinker with the QoS settings if it happens again.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

Couldn't have been you after you left the parties started getting nuked left and right so yea. there's that. personally i blame it on manta ray since he couldn't connect with anyone and vice-versa. Nothing against you manta but you have a very odd connection. If I may, what ISP do you use? (assuming you see this)
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

I won't be online tonight. Homeworks. Sorry guys. :cry:
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Schooly D wrote:I won't be online tonight. Homeworks. Sorry guys. :cry:
Liar! :P

I liked watching aniking's Stein-Vok last night. I don't see many other Stein-Voks, let alone good Stein-Voks, so that was cool.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

DeepInTheHops wrote: Actually, I was surprised by the turnout last night, it was pretty good. I don't know if lag is the same for both players in VOOT, but if so, I apologize to anybody I played against. My internet was pretty choppy... turns out my girlfriend was watching stuff on Hulu. I thought my router could take care of that (I set up XBL packets to have highest priority), but she said her stuff was choppy too, so maybe my internet as a whole was just slow. Networking is not my forte by any means, so I might have to do some more research and tinker with the QoS settings if it happens again.
Interesting. I did not know QoS applies to gaming. My router supports QoS and I set the MAC address of my XBOX to highest.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
max99

Post by max99 »

i'd like to play but the gathering seems US only with that 8pm ECT time. UK is 5 hours ahead and central europe 6 hours ahead.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

max99 wrote:i'd like to play but the gathering seems US only with that 8pm ECT time. UK is 5 hours ahead and central europe 6 hours ahead.
Yeah, sorta sucks for european players. There are lots of players online on weekends though, so if you get online in the evening there are usually some american players you can play with.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

neoKEN wrote:Interesting. I did not know QoS applies to gaming. My router supports QoS and I set the MAC address of my XBOX to highest.
The main feature of a lot of those "gaming routers" is that they have a lot of QoS settings preconfigured.

How much it actually helps, I'm not sure. It used to be that if my girlfriend was watching streaming video, my game would become unplayably choppy. So I got a Linksys WRT54GL and put Tomato firmware on it, since the Linksys firmware doesn't have any QoS support. It helped a lot. But you can read a wide range of opinions about QoS on other gaming forums... some say it fixes everything, some say it does nothing.
Razgriz450

Post by Razgriz450 »

chunkypuff31 wrote:I'm assuming that VOOT night will be going on this Wednesday, right? If it is, I'll try to get on at that time (the gamertag I use is Monterrey1021, btw).

Davo87 wrote:Then that puts me in the middle. :) (24) I doubt theres anyone here younger than 20.
Actually, I'm 16, so don't think that only old people play VO.
Whoa Chunky Puff! Were the same age!
This sig and avatar are temorary.
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Okay, time to resurrect this.

As Phantom as stated elsewhere, we need to bring back weekly VOOT nights. Seriously. Only question: What day of the week should it be? Wednesdays are rather troublesome, as it's in the middle of the work/school week, but I can definately work with something between Friday and Sunday.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

I always seem to have someone to play any of the days I log on (randomly). The most active VO players seem to be Phantom, Zaarock, Shamanic Beat, Chunkypuff, Goliath, and myself. Make sure these people are on your list!
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Friday or Saturday nights would work best on my end (after exams are over).
ImageImage