Virtual On Locations!

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Virtual On Locations!

Post by MasterFygar »

I'm on a roadtrip with mobile web and I got bored, so I made this directory of sorts for Virtual On machines, figured you guys would be interested and might find it helpful. Documents current locations (from my own personal experience and Aurcade.com as well as lurking here and researching places mentioned), outdated locations (locations found on ancient Virtual On sites that may or may not exist anymore), memorials (to arcades that have either closed or gotten rid of their Virtual On machines) and collector locations (for those interested in purchasing, where machines ended up, or wanting to find a place to play- some VAPS members welcome visitors!). I put together a few folders of this information I've collected over the past two or three years while trying to find places to play and I thought it would be nice to save the VO community the trouble... next time you're in one of the places listed, check it out and play a few rounds! VOOM and VOOT are both tracked but unfortunately the only VOOT locations are unconfirmed. You can find each location using the interactive map-- the site is nothing beautiful, but its functional and better than spending hours on Google.

So yeah, enjoy, any comments are welcome and I'd love your help with things. I'm pretty sure some of the little DNA/RNA Eye Markers are in the wrong parts of states, I have a very limited knowledge of closed locations... so please, by all means submit your past Virtual On locations for the memorials, confirm some of the unconfirmed locations if you've been by them recently or or plan to do so (or if it's not there, that's good to know too) and hopefully some of you will even have current locations to add! Thanks, and happy VOOM/VOOTING!

http://virtualon.homestead.com/index.html
ImageImage
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Re: Virtual On Locations!

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Thank you so much! Apparently, I don't live that far from a VOOM location!
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

NAME: Southern Hills Golfland
NOTES: Closed entirely long ago.
That is traumatizing. :cry:
MentholMoose
Dinkleseed

Post by Dinkleseed »

sweet, there's one like ten minutes from my house!
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Uh, Dink, that's the one in my garage.
ImageImage
Razgriz450

Post by Razgriz450 »

Aww, theres this one i always used to go to in a place called Mountasia in Houston, thats where i first learned about VO. It's sad that it shut down though...
This sig and avatar are temorary.
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

I remember playing on an arcade machine of the first game at the Silver Coin video arcade
Oolong

Post by Oolong »

You can go ahead and designate Pak Mann in Pasadena, CA as a memorium location. It closed many years ago. I won an X-Men COTA tourney there waaaaaay back in the day :P
MentholMoose wrote:
Used to be my second home when I went to CSUF. Still keep in touch with a few old tourney buddies, but it was a sad day when they shut their doors.
GT: Gekirou
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Oolong wrote:You can go ahead and designate Pak Mann in Pasadena, CA as a memorium location. It closed many years ago. I won an X-Men COTA tourney there waaaaaay back in the day :P
MentholMoose wrote:
Used to be my second home when I went to CSUF. Still keep in touch with a few old tourney buddies, but it was a sad day when they shut their doors.
I too was there often, in 2000-2001, when VOOT was still being played. Saturday nights were totally awesome. Arcade Infinity got VER.5.66 in 2002, but the VOOT scene was mostly dead by then, so I didn't get to enjoy it.
MentholMoose