It's April

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Re: It's April

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Considering Sammy produces it's own arcade hardware? solid to semi-solid protection in my best guess.
Touche, touche. lol
"Nuh uh uh"
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

You guys gotta understand....Sega and Microsoft have been in cahoots ever since the Dreamcast used a modified version of Windows as it's OS. Matter of fact, if you think about it, the Xbox 1 was practically the "Dreamcast 2". Need proof?

Crazy Taxi 3
Jet Grind Radio Future
Sega GT 2
Gun Valkyrie
House of the Dead 3

...and...the nail in the coffin...

Shenmue 2

All of these...ALL EXCLUSIVES. Look at the freaking controller. Hell, even the current 360 controller seems like the natural progression for a 3rd gen Dreamcast. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but maybe this explains why Microsoft was ballsy enough to enter the gamespace in the 1st place...because they had an proven innovative silent partner that was guiding them along!

Who knows how close Sega was to total bankruptcy when the DC failed. Who's to say Microsoft didn't open the war chest and told Sega that they "owe them" behind the scenes?

That's my conspiracy theory anyway... 8-)
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Except that house of the dead 3, atleast, had a pc release...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

As long as Sammy stays one of the top 3 Pachinko machine makers, Sega will be fine :)
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

NGEFreek wrote:As long as Sammy stays one of the top 3 Pachinko machine makers, Sega will be fine :)
This. But Sega and Sammy also still produce arcade game hardware...well, I dunno about sammy after the atomiswave, but Sega still does anyway...

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Except that house of the dead 3, atleast, had a pc release...
Man I *wish* VOOT had a PC release. I wouldn't have to buy a 360! :lol:
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Except that house of the dead 3, atleast, had a pc release...
...really? That's all you got out of my post? If you really wanna go there, PC = Microsoft anyway. :roll:

*reminds self to stop giving his pearls to swine* :|
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:
Yeah....tha'd be nice.....makes no sense that it didn't get one, but maybe due to the pc hardware of the time? It would certainly work now no?

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
Yeah....tha'd be nice.....makes no sense that it didn't get one, but maybe due to the pc hardware of the time? It would certainly work now no?
Yes it certainly would, considering it is full speed at high res in nullDC on my PC.
MentholMoose
mechazoidal

Post by mechazoidal »

Knoxximus wrote:You guys gotta understand....Sega and Microsoft have been in cahoots ever since the Dreamcast used a modified version of Windows as it's OS. Matter of fact, if you think about it, the Xbox 1 was practically the "Dreamcast 2".
Horrible conspiracy shatterer here: the DC didn't have an integral OS, and there were only a few games that used Windows CE (Sega Rally 2, Armada, and some of the web-browsers come to mind)
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

mechazoidal wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:You guys gotta understand....Sega and Microsoft have been in cahoots ever since the Dreamcast used a modified version of Windows as it's OS. Matter of fact, if you think about it, the Xbox 1 was practically the "Dreamcast 2".
Horrible conspiracy shatterer here: the DC didn't have an integral OS, and there were only a few games that used Windows CE (Sega Rally 2, Armada, and some of the web-browsers come to mind)
Okay, so I was wrong about an integral OS, but everything else I've stated I feel still makes my case.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

it's a shame then that the "Spiritual Successor" was a piece of crap, gimme a PS2 or gamecube over an XBOX any day :P.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Damn! I forgot to throw Panzer Dragoon Orta and ToeJam and Earl 3 on that list.... :oops:
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Knoxximus wrote:Damn! I forgot to throw Panzer Dragoon Orta and ToeJam and Earl 3 on that list.... :oops:
Ha! Yea Xbo was said to be a spiritual succesor to the Dreamcast in many aspects. I don't know any of that stuff about the OS or whatever, but as far as game franchises that appeared exclusively on the Xbox from Sega would lead you to think it was a Dreamcast 2. However...Sonic totally went over to Nintendo. =P

Anywho...April's halfway done...and I can feel VO in the air. :) *takes a deep breath*
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

its just strange they havent announced when its coming yet. i dunno, but do livegames release dates get announced half to one month b4 a game comes out? its mid april already. And obviously the release date on 15th 1up claimed is false.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Davo87 wrote:its just strange they havent announced when its coming yet. i dunno, but do livegames release dates get announced half to one month b4 a game comes out? its mid april already. And obviously the release date on 15th 1up claimed is false.
xbox live's website has nothing...

Sega's website has nothing...

I see it as more time to acquire my hard drive...

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Davo87 wrote:its just strange they havent announced when its coming yet. i dunno, but do livegames release dates get announced half to one month b4 a game comes out? its mid april already. And obviously the release date on 15th 1up claimed is false.
xbox live's website has nothing...

Sega's website has nothing...

I see it as more time to acquire my hard drive...[/quote]
Hahaha, indeed, indeed. :) Maybe they're working out a PSN release! :D
"Nuh uh uh"